So who'll win the World Cup...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Are Trinidad & Tobago out then? Aww ballox. :evil:

Good news is, I'll be playing cricket on Saturday, thus it figures that England will win 6-0, assuming no more numpties break their leg on a blade of grass.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

brazil will crash out to france, and we can have them
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

There was no football today...... I mean....jezuz .... <goes cold turkey>
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
canon docre
Overbomber

Almiche V wrote:There was no football today...... I mean....jezuz .... <goes cold turkey>
It feels horrible, doesn't it? I dont know what will be once it's finally over. :(
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I love it, even down to games like Portugal - Holland when the footy was 2nd to how many players were booked. Even the non footy friends I watched it with were gobsmacked. The World Cup is such a great event. When the Euro Cup was in this country there was a great vibe around. Lap it up while it's with you canon mate 8)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
canon docre
Overbomber

Almiche V wrote:I love it, even down to games like Portugal - Holland when the footy was 2nd to how many players were booked. Even the non footy friends I watched it with were gobsmacked. The World Cup is such a great event. When the Euro Cup was in this country there was a great vibe around. Lap it up while it's with you canon mate 8)
Yeah, the vibe is truly amazing over here. Literally everyone is watching on the street. All bars, restaurant etc just put a TV and chairs outside and the party starts. No fights (at least I wasnt involved in any so far...) just good mood from all nationalities. *

I would recommend everyone to come over for the party. It's unique. 8) :notworthy:

To put this into perspective, I was really against the whole thing before. I expected marauding hooligans causing the city traffic to collapse and all that kind of things.... But no... just a great party.
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I guess England only have to win three more games to win it but to be ruthlessly honest, on the form they've shown up to this point I don't see it. They haven't beaten any really good sides yet. Not meaning to be depressing.
hallucienate
Overbomber

canon docre wrote:
Almiche V wrote:I love it, even down to games like Portugal - Holland when the footy was 2nd to how many players were booked. Even the non footy friends I watched it with were gobsmacked. The World Cup is such a great event. When the Euro Cup was in this country there was a great vibe around. Lap it up while it's with you canon mate 8)
Yeah, the vibe is truly amazing over here. Literally everyone is watching on the street. All bars, restaurant etc just put a TV and chairs outside and the party starts. No fights (at least I wasnt involved in any so far...) just good mood from all nationalities. *

I would recommend everyone to come over for the party. It's unique. 8) :notworthy:

To put this into perspective, I was really against the whole thing before. I expected marauding hooligans causing the city traffic to collapse and all that kind of things.... But no... just a great party.
Hopefully we can pull off the same vibe here in 2010 8)
scotty
Overbomber

Just heard an Australian soccer fan was arrested after the game in Germany, charged with assaulting an Italian Soccer fan. The Italian fan suffered fractures, bruising, abrasions and a fractured skull. As a result of these horrendous injuries, the Italian man has anxiety, depression and has now developed Diabetes. The Australian was 20 metres away at the time of the attack. The Italian is expected to make a full recovery in 5 minutes.
:twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

*snigger*
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
samplehead

I am getting nervous....8 and half hours left !

Going to a pub to watch the german - argentinia match, that will be lots of fun having some beer and singing with my friends.

And btw the germany will make it today :D

Fiiiiiiiiiinale !!!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

samplehead wrote: And btw the germany will make it today :D

Fiiiiiiiiiinale !!!
So why are you nervous then? :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
samplehead

Ozpat wrote:
samplehead wrote: And btw the germany will make it today :D

Fiiiiiiiiiinale !!!
So why are you nervous then? :innocent:

I don´t know. There is no rational explanation for it, i am feeling like the night for an exam. Even you have learned...

anyway i am looking forward to drinking some beer ;D

and wish you all a pleaseant and friendly world cup
iesus
Overbomber

i really don't know which out of Argentina or Germany will win today...
i am expecting a very exciting and hard match to be played, not so fantastic but a nervous one...
i am expecting that the one who wins today will be the world champion this time :)

Greetz :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

iesus wrote:i am expecting that the one who wins today will be the world champion this time :)
I think so too.

And my boss is flying to Germany this afternoon for England's game tomorrow, so we're bunking off work early to watch Germany v Argentina.

With many apologies to our German friends, but I'm supporting Argentina. There's a wad of cash in it for me if they win the cup :twisted:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Jaimie1980

Yes, I have a feeling who wins this will win the competition.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

;D
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'd like to see Germany vs. England in the final, although it's most likely not going to happen. Not because I like the confrontation but because they're the teams I like best (due to Scotland having failed to qualify...)
Another Brazil win would be very boring.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Just under 12 hours until it's our turn in the mixer.

If we're going to win it we need more swagger, some arrogance and some flirty play. And when we're on top, we stay on top. Don't kick back and defend like we've done before - gotta keep the threat of scoring there aswell. Checkout Rooney, he's an example they need to follow (even though playing him up front on his own is stoopid) and Becks. And the Cole men need to deliver the goods - lots of trickery and taking players on. Play Roons and Crouch up front for a winning combo. But ffs don't let Lumpard shoot....... :urff:

Come oooooooooooonnnn.....
canon docre
Overbomber

Best of luck today, my English friends.

We're waitíng for you in Berlin / Olympiastadium.

:twisted: :kiss:
scotty
Overbomber

Ian Wright really doesn't like Sven does he :eek: :lol: :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

And it's over. We're coming home.

Like I said we would all day. :lol:
hallucienate
Overbomber

bummer dudes.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I was watching Pingu but caught the last 5 minutes, un-bl00dy-lucky

Rooney not so much the flavour of the month now is he?
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
robertzombie
Overbomber

never mind :cry: