have the sisters turned s**t

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

After they called themselves The Sisters of Mercy it all went down hill. I mean The Captains of Industry would've be much better...Sorry somebody has probably already said this but worthwhile saying again! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:lol: I just realised this thread was 3 years old and 100 pages too long. Good grief!!! :lol: ;D
originalgoth

Erudite wrote:
originalgoth wrote:
Tidal wrote:

Erudite,
How the Dickens could Von be replaced & still call them The Sisters of Mercy - he's the only original member other than Doktor Avalance & he's been traded in a few times so is only there in name.
If you read my post correctly, I'm all for him writing the songs and being on stage taking care of the Doktor - I just thought it might be better if he stopped singing.

Still, time's a greater healer and my opinion might have shifted since Leamington... :innocent: :wink:
I wasn't having a go by any means & I'm sorry if that's how it sounded.

I don't know, for me it's hard to imagine The Sisters on stage without Von at the front - I'm thinking it'd be like a tribute band that were actually THE band if that makes sense :)

I've never actually heard of or seen any TSOM tribute bands - do any exist?

I wasn't lucky enough to get to the Leamington Spa gig but would have loved to have been there.
8)

Sorry David,
You're right about Andrew the drummer............now what was his sir name :innocent:
:lol:
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
psichonaut
Overbomber

Hom, lock this thread please
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

originalgoth wrote: I wasn't having a go by any means & I'm sorry if that's how it sounded.

Nae worries, no offence taken.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Swinnow
Overbomber

Have seen all phases of TSOM since 1982 and have loved gigs and been disappointed by gigs in equql measure.

In my more 'fueled' moments I have been known to comment that The m*****n became the live band that TSOM could have been as they very rarely disappoint in concert.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

originalgoth wrote:I just thought it might be better if he stopped singing.
I thought he already had.
originalgoth wrote: I've never actually heard of or seen any TSOM tribute bands - do any exist?
The Sisters of Murphy for one.
James Blast
Banned

did
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

biggy wrote:I'd guess that most (not all, I never said all before you start) people who love them now didn't get to see them in the early days.
As someone who wasn't there- being very young and in the States in the early days- and seeing the attitudes of the old-timers on the forum, I both agree with this and am a bit confused as to why bitter old men still care about a band they've apparently disliked for two decades plus and would care to complain about them, still, versus just accepting and remembering what they saw and loved back in the day- it's not the same band, hasn't been since the FALAA days, and can never, ever be again. It's done, long ago, and is Mr. Eldritch's solo project with the same name, and has been for many many years.

Their records (and bootlegs) meant something to me when I discovered them. I have seen them live and enjoyed them quite a bit for being what they are now. I wasn't there for the scene they came out of. That, and everything surrounding it, was never even close to part of my life.

They wrote a bunch of music I love. That's my personal connection to them, and the filter I see them through. That's it.

But I digress.

In short: I wasn't there for that. I only know them as what they became, and love them for it still.
Left at the dead badger.
Back in time

Llamatron wrote:...

In short: I wasn't there for that. I only know them as what they became, and love them for it still.
Nice.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.