SISTERS for the USA Fall 08

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:26 dates? :eek:

This must be the promotion tour for the new album THE PLATINUM COLLECTION.... :innocent:

I am starting to get jealous....a bit! :)

:urff: :urff: w&ting for 2 dates in AB BRussel :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
MUSICA È
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

lucky bastards, but i hope for another Sisters of my b-day cake.
i agree euphoria, why not ? if they want that's good, we should be happy that :von: still want to play so big tour - 'coz this looks like "bite the silver bullet " part 2. of course still without break, not searching some extraordinary reason. seems that Ben and Chris are not only fresh blood for band but either for .... Andrew. yeah i know it's so goth
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

stefan moermans wrote:

This must be the promotion tour for the new album THE PLATINUM COLLECTION.... :innocent:

:urff: :urff: w&ting for 2 dates in AB BRussel :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Make that four if they're continuing this way :lol: :lol: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

New Haven?! :eek: O, MFG. :notworthy:
I may get to see them twice, then, if this all comes to fruition (and if I save my pennies). Holy crap. :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
crash_and_burn
Road Kill

The Washington DC show is one day after the elections. That could be interesting. :)
shiver
Road Kill

true true...

and if anyone needs a place to crash, let me know...
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

Have any more shows been announced? Texas or the Southwest? Philly tickets go on sale Friday and I need to know if I have to get one for our friend.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Big question is: are ye good folk of the americas ready for the good things?!
That would be a resounding Fcuking Aye We're Ready!

Bring it on, you gravelly-voiced, short-arsed Gnome of Darkness for we, your Children of the Night, your Dodgy Darklings, your Shoe-Gazing Arm-Waving Moon-Down-Drawing minions stand ready to do your bidding. We await your command to Sing This Corrossion and give you Something Fast is such be your desire.

Did I get into gig-mode too soon? :innocent:
That's the spirit! :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

Methedrome wrote:27.10 BUFFALO, TOWN BALLROOM

AT POLLSTAR....
Jesus H. Chrysler, they haven't played around here since Vision Thing. The Town Ballroom is literally the building across the street from my work!! :eek: This just made my day. Made my f**king day. Maybe my year. ;D :notworthy:
Left at the dead badger.
funandprofit
Road Kill

I'll be at the SF show without fail!
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
www.myspace.com/thereptilehaus
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Petseri wrote:02.12 HOLLYWOOD, THE MUSIC BOX AT THE FONDA
My daughter's first birthday, in Hollywood.

I hope she'll appreciate this present daddy 's giving her :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:

Make that four if they're continuing this way :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll bet that will be the worldpremiere of their new album :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hold on that wasn't funny was it :evil: :evil: :evil:

:innocent: :innocent: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MUSICA È
Dung Beetle
Road Kill

sultan2075 wrote:Where would you expect them to play here (Dallas), Dung Beetle? I know that the Gypsy, where they played last time (and one of my favorite venues), has closed. Maybe the Granada Theatre?
In all fairness, I'm not really well-informed on what's out there and how big it is, not having been to a show since, well, since :von: last visited us. I got to see soundcheck, I got to be in the front row, no topping that (and Pete Way couldn't get in the US for the last round of UFO gigs).

I see that there's a pattern of HoB hosting SoM gigs, I'll bet they've got a room about the right size to accomodate-- if only a date can be made to be accommodated.
stefansonic
Road Kill

I actually saw by accident that The Sisters are playing at Irving Plaza because I was going to buy on line tickets for Killing Joke. After what happened to me the last time they played NYC I almost don't even want to see them anymore. Funny how in 1998 & 1999 they play Roseland, a suppossedly 5000 capacity venue, then in 2006 they play The Ritz (Webster Hall) a 1500 capacity venue, now they play Irving Plaza, an 800 capacity venue. Maybe they should play in someone's basement instead. I feel like old dinosaur bands like Rolling Stones and The Who should stop touring already, maybe The Sisters should stop touring already too, it's not like they are real tours promoting anything new anyway???
"I Hear The Roar Of A Big Machine...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

stefansonic wrote:I actually saw by accident that The Sisters are playing at Irving Plaza because I was going to buy on line tickets for Killing Joke. After what happened to me the last time they played NYC I almost don't even want to see them anymore. Funny how in 1998 & 1999 they play Roseland, a suppossedly 5000 capacity venue, then in 2006 they play The Ritz (Webster Hall) a 1500 capacity venue, now they play Irving Plaza, an 800 capacity venue. Maybe they should play in someone's basement instead. I feel like old dinosaur bands like Rolling Stones and The Who should stop touring already, maybe The Sisters should stop touring already too, it's not like they are real tours promoting anything new anyway???
No one is forcing you to go. So maybe you better stay in a basement! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
robertzombie
Overbomber

Aye!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

SINsister wrote:New Haven?! :eek: O, MFG. :notworthy:
I may get to see them twice, then,
You east coast Americans probably know this already, but there are many fast and cheap buses cruising up and down the east coast, going between the chinatowns of each city. Just google chinatown bus [insert city of choice]. We went between NYC and Philly like that in 2006, took 1,5 hours and seems like it still is 20 $ for a return ticket. Even better now, because the Philly venue this time IS in Chinatown.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Peter Pan/Bonanza's always offered a relatively-inexpensive CT-NYC bus jaunt; sadly, prices have gone up because of insane fuel surcharges. What used to cost $45 roundtrip (for the 2.75-hour drive, which includes 3 stops) now costs $60. Bastards! Meh. :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
psichonaut
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Peter Pan/Bonanza's
:eek: you are watching too much TV ;D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

At this point, does anyone think that more dates will be added? Or is this the final list?
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Personally, I believe more dates will be added - why not play in big cities like Phoenix, Houston or Dallas when you're there? And why leave out Mexico, where they have played on similar tours, 1999 and 2006?

But I'm not their tour manager...if I was really really curious about this, I'd ask venues in Arizona if anything is going december 3 or 4 - highly unlikely they won't play there and then IF more dates are added.
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I believe the new album will be announced shortly and looking forward to this new tour. Looks like Andy wanted his own "October ( and November) Surprise". Wonder if he'll have any words of wisdom, stolen for efficiency?
"... because we're that kind of people."
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Fcuking PORTLAND?! Fcuking SEATTLE?! :eek:

Who are they going to play to - a pod of whales and a couple of hipsters who got lost on the way to Starbucks?!
Pooh. Nobody whose tastebuds weren't shot off in the war drinks that vile potion. I have the Coffee of the Gods within spitting distance; why would I pollute myself...?

Anyone calls me hipster gets my pointy-toed boot up their arse :wink:

The email notice from Ticketswest hit my junk mailbox on my birthday - what a nice present! Then I spent days in anticipation of the online presale...and HOURS fighting with their bloody website. Gaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

But the tickets are on their way at last :D I only wish I were still young and stupid enough to drive all the way to Portland and back in 24 hours, but that would mean I'd be comatose for the Seattle show.
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I wonder when they'll update the official site?
"... because we're that kind of people."
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Prescott wrote:I believe the new album will be announced shortly
You're kidding, right?! :|
"as we walk on the floodland"