Dublin?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
lachert
Overbomber

Arrrgh! wrote:Okay, sorry to take a while to get back to this. (Been on holiday for the last week.)

I've still got those two tickets for anyone who wants them. They're not standing tickets - they're circle seats, row D, so not too bad.

PM me if you want them - first come first served.
pm sent :P
long live rock'n'roll
mikolaj3k
Road Kill

What about after-party in Dublin? Anyone up?
_emma_
Overbomber

I could be up for a before-party: I'm arriving in Dublin at 5.30 AM and so I'll have some time to kill before the hotel staff let me in my room. Anyone fancy a beer watching the sunrise in the port? :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

There's a 5:30 in the morning???!!! :eek:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lachert
Overbomber

guys, please help. what is the cheapest way to get there from manchester in friday? :eek:
maybe someone is going by car, have two free seats and wanna share fuel, ferry cost? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:guys, please help. what is the cheapest way to get there from manchester in friday? :eek:
maybe someone is going by car, have two free seats and wanna share fuel, ferry cost? :eek:
Ryanair and Aer Lingus do early morning or afternoon flights for £25 (plus fees for card booking and check-in baggage).
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
_emma_
Overbomber

I used www.raileasy.co.uk and bought my London-Dublin and Dublin-London tickets (including train and ferry) for about £70 altogether, I don't know about Manchester though but maybe you can try the search option there.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

_emma_ wrote:I used www.raileasy.co.uk and bought my London-Dublin and Dublin-London tickets (including train and ferry) for about £70 altogether, I don't know about Manchester though but maybe you can try the search option there.
November is the cruellest month…

…for Irish Sea ferries
Goths have feelings too
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:
_emma_ wrote:I used www.raileasy.co.uk and bought my London-Dublin and Dublin-London tickets (including train and ferry) for about £70 altogether, I don't know about Manchester though but maybe you can try the search option there.

…for Irish Sea ferries
Wise words! I remember a particularly horrible November crossing... going in the other direction from Dublin to see the Sisters in Wembly! (Jesus, was that really 21 years ago?!!)
_emma_
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:

…for Irish Sea ferries
why, what can possibly go wrong? :?
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

According to the venue's Facebook page, the support for this gig will be from Mojo Fury, a northern Irish band.

http://www.myspace.com/mojofuryband

Anyone know them?
Do I drive or am I driven?
_emma_
Overbomber

paint it black and bangles please explain what you mean because you got me worried, what do you mean, that the ferries in November can get seriously delayed or cancelled, or what? :?
Or just a rough weather which can make the crossing a bit unpleasant?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think they just mean the rough weather. :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Anaconda72
Road Kill

Definately up for a pre/post Dublin Sisters bash.. Im staying there for a few days so look me up
Anaconda72
Road Kill

_emma_ wrote:I could be up for a before-party: I'm arriving in Dublin at 5.30 AM and so I'll have some time to kill before the hotel staff let me in my room. Anyone fancy a beer watching the sunrise in the port? :lol:
Make sure you bring your thermals!
bangles

_emma_ wrote:paint it black and bangles please explain what you mean because you got me worried, what do you mean, that the ferries in November can get seriously delayed or cancelled, or what? :?
Or just a rough weather which can make the crossing a bit unpleasant?
hi emma, sorry for the unneccessary stress! I just meant it was a bit rough. And to be honest i'm sure that may have been made worse by drink! I've also done numerous other winter crossings that have been grand!
_emma_
Overbomber

Ah, good, thanks. I don't mind rough weather, as long as they don't cancel the ferries everything's allright. :D I was afraid that you meant the sea could freeze over or something, and then I would have to quickly think about the reason why I'm travelling to release the heat from my heart to melt the ice. ;D But if I thought about it for too long it could set the entire sea on fire, and then what. :? ;D

Edit: I've just realised what I see in the top left corner: "There are 36 days remaining until the next Sisters gig (Dublin)". Only 36 days, that's not long! 8)
lachert
Overbomber

bought from ryanair ;D
78 pounds with all charges for two person, manchester-dublin, dublin-manchester, not so bad me think.
we will be there thursday evening ;D can't wait. never been in ireland :eek:
now i need some cheap hotel near venue :roll:
long live rock'n'roll
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

I've found the saint john gogarty. It's near the venue in the temple bar.Cheap, traditional but for who doesn't want to go to bed too early...
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
radiojamaica
Overbomber

35 days :eek: :D

Looking very much forward to this one!
in dub we trust
bangles

on Needaticket.ie, they are curretly advertising txts in the gods for €50! I'd suggest anyone thats still looking for txt try toutless.ie You can usually get one at face value, if available...
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

and how come I appear to be heading to Dublin TODAY ? Hmm...a bit early.... bugger
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:bought from ryanair ;D
78 pounds with all charges for two person, manchester-dublin, dublin-manchester, not so bad me think.
we will be there thursday evening ;D can't wait. never been in ireland :eek:
now i need some cheap hotel near venue :roll:
Cannot go to this one, but I actually liked the Temple Bar district very much when we were there, the venue seems to be there too and there were lots of cheap places to eat and sleep, and lots of spare beds/rooms even in the evening we stayed there! Don't remember the name of the hostel, don't expect luxuary :wink:
I found Dublin and Ireland generally slightly cheaper and slightly more "relaxed" compared to the UK, or maybe we were just lucky.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Dublin Contemporary is still on in November for anyone interested in visual art, especially that with a political slant. Though it does cost 15 euro to get in! :eek:
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Intellectual Love God

abridged wrote:Dublin Contemporary is still on in November for anyone interested in visual art, especially that with a political slant. Though it does cost 15 euro to get in! :eek:
Nice ... got a link/map/anything? ... :D ...

*can't be there, anyway though ...