Andrew Eldritch: Why won't you release a new Sisters LP?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Actually, he has been pretty politically out-spoken in the past decade. Did you guys and gals forget about this?

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/gen/rrr6/rrr6.html

Just imagine if McCain got elected in the US? I'm sure he would have had plenty more to say. Although since Libya, Egypt, Syria, London Riots, Market Crashes, Unemployment, etc. he's had little besides the lyrics to Far Parade to say about it all.

Back on topic: live album please! :)
"... because we're that kind of people."
Emerald Green
Road Kill

*sigh* I'll discuss this over a few pints in Calverley. :innocent:
True Love Doth Pass Away
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Sita wrote:You see similarity there? :eek:
Yeah, two guys remembering and going back to what they enjoyed about being in a band in the first olace before all the band politics and financial/legal stuff weighed down too heavily.
Sita

But didn't Eldritch say in the past that he hated touring?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Being645 wrote:
euphoria wrote: ...
Anyway, where were we? :lol: Yeah, I guess Eldritch slowly lost his motivation over the years, and now there's none left. It doesn't matter what possibilites there are, he doesn't want to anymore.
Oh yeah, where were weImage ... :lol: ...

Ah yes: he's lost all his motivation - with time ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ... - and now there's nothing left ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ...

and he never ever wants to make a record again ... :evil: :evil: :evil: ... no matter what ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...

Sorry euphoria,
I know my reply sounded a bit pissant ... I didn't mean to score you off or something, though ... too many useless endeavours will lead almost everyone to withdraw from whatever they tried to achieve, and often enough such decisions are final, because it was all just too much of a strain ... sad enough ...
Prescott

Being645 wrote:
Being645 wrote:
euphoria wrote: ...
Anyway, where were we? :lol: Yeah, I guess Eldritch slowly lost his motivation over the years, and now there's none left. It doesn't matter what possibilites there are, he doesn't want to anymore.
Oh yeah, where were weImage ... :lol: ...

Ah yes: he's lost all his motivation - with time ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ... - and now there's nothing left ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ...

and he never ever wants to make a record again ... :evil: :evil: :evil: ... no matter what ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...

Sorry euphoria,
I know my reply sounded a bit pissant ... I didn't mean to score you off or something, though ... too many useless endeavours will lead almost everyone to withdraw from whatever they tried to achieve, and often enough such decisions are final, because it was all just too much of a strain ... sad enough ...
That sounds just a tad bit too pessimistic. Besides, as Plato said, one can not judge the character of a man until he has finished living. In other words: It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: Sorry euphoria,
:lol: What?? I didn't even for a second think your reply was strange or "pissant", you really shouldn't worry so much :)
Continue writing like you do, it's great entertainment :D
Prescott

Emerald Green wrote:*sigh* I'll discuss this over a few pints in Calverley. :innocent:
So, how many pints do you think it might take? ;D
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Sita wrote:But didn't Eldritch say in the past that he hated touring?
He said, not so long time ago, that he's not a fan of bootlegs and YT videos. People change.
Last edited by Bartek on 21 Aug 2011, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

euphoria wrote:
:lol: What?? I didn't even for a second think your reply was strange or "pissant", you really shouldn't worry so much :)
She recently received a truckload of venom over the head so I understand the tiptoeing around ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

euphoria wrote:
Fine ... ;D ... I'm pleased you didn't get me wrong ... :D :lol: ...

@ Izzy
... thanks for your understanding. To me it was a truckload, indeed ...
It took me some time to dig myself halfway out from under the mess ... and I still feel dirty ... :( ...

Maybe here and in real life, those of you who are friends with our dear MB had
better put on some according sign so that here or at a gig I can make a way round you ... :urff: ... :roll: ...
Izzy HaveMercy

Being645 wrote:
euphoria wrote:
Fine ... ;D ... I'm pleased you didn't get me wrong ... :D :lol: ...

@ Izzy
... thanks for your understanding. To me it was a truckload, indeed ...
It took me some time to dig myself halfway out from under the mess ... and I still feel dirty ... :( ...

Maybe here and in real life, those of you who are friends with our dear MB had
better put on some according sign so that here or at a gig I can make a way round you ... :urff: ... :roll: ...
Don't take it too hard. She might be a mad bint, but she's just a nice human being, quite emotional as well, which is mostly good, sometimes a bit much for some people as you discovered :lol:

But in fact this is not the place to discuss other HLers profile... get along with each other, we are a nice bunch all considered.

IZ.
_emma_
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:
Sita wrote:But didn't Eldritch say in the past that he hated touring?
He said, not so long time ago, that he's not a fan of bootlegs and YT videos. People change.
:lol: My thoughts exactly.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Don't take it too hard. She might be a mad bint, but she's just a nice human being, quite emotional as well, which is mostly good, sometimes a bit much for some people as you discovered :lol:

But in fact this is not the place to discuss other HLers profile... get along with each other, we are a nice bunch all considered.

IZ.
Oh well, yeah ... thanks for the welcome ... :lol: ...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Caravaggio wrote: Sisterswiki doesn't know who wrote the music for Slept and Romeo Down, so actually they might be Eldritch's songs (but I'm not very optimistic).
Just to give you the info:
at least on The Sisters' very own Lyrics site Romeo Down is marked as:
© 1997. Words by Andrew Eldritch, Music by Adam Pearson.
Izzy HaveMercy

Being645 wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Don't take it too hard. She might be a mad bint, but she's just a nice human being, quite emotional as well, which is mostly good, sometimes a bit much for some people as you discovered :lol:

IZ.
Oh well, yeah ... thanks for the welcome ... :lol: ...
Lol a welcome would be a bite late, see it mora as a remidner then :lol:

IZ.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Lol a welcome would be a bite late, see it mora as a remidner then :lol:

IZ.
... :lol: ...you're lovely ...

Anyway, it's never too late for a welcome, but back to topic ...

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=22058 ...
Prescott

Being645 wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Lol a welcome would be a bite late, see it mora as a remidner then :lol:

IZ.
... :lol: ...you're lovely ...

Anyway, it's never too late for a welcome, but back to topic ...

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=22058 ...
"That said, things change."

Let's continue to let them know we would like things to change. :)
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

indeed and i would appreciate it if you need to talk about me to do it via PM & not in Sister's Chat, thanks.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Indeed. Please play nice people.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

MadameButterfly wrote:indeed and i would appreciate it if you need to talk about me to do it via PM & not in Sister's Chat, thanks.
Sorry for that ... :wink: ...
James Blast
Banned

as Plateau, or maybe it was So Krates said-

Here's something unpleasant: All art comes from demons. Not real demons, in most cases, but demons of angst and horrible memories and sexual frustration. You get beat up in school because, while the cool kids are putting bruises on each other on the football field, you were sitting on the steps writing your science-fiction stories or reading books waaaay above your head. That fear and tension that winds itself around your soul like steel wire as you try nervously to sneak out of the locker room before the big kids give you a wedgie or laugh at your winkle in the showers and skiddy underpants in the changing area, all that builds up into adulthood. Art is how you let it out.
It was an angsty bastard who introduced the world to 'Damage Done' by showing no regard for recording techniques or musical capabilities then cooly walking away, scoring some shit and moving onto something tangible and pretty dangerous.

Now, if the artist is lucky, that angst goes away. If the audience is lucky, it doesn't. The art dies with the angst, you see. By middle age the artist finds himself watching old films, television and listening to his once angsty period. Trying to make stuff that sort of looks and snouds the same. It gets bland. It gets tired.
It's not just with music, you can see this happening in other forms of art/meeja.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I've stayed out of this thread, like I've tried to stay out of all of these tired old cliches, but...

Credit to Blast, that's the best damn summation of creativity I've heard. I find myself writing best when I've wrecked myself on booze, chemicals, or the emotional rocks...

It's a harsh truth.

:|
Being645
Wiki Wizard

timsinister wrote:I've stayed out of this thread, like I've tried to stay out of all of these tired old cliches, but...

Credit to Blast, that's the best damn summation of creativity I've heard. I find myself writing best when I've wrecked myself on booze, chemicals, or the emotional rocks...

It's a harsh truth.

I think that's because many people learn to give themselves a go only under the circumstances you describe ... because then, they cannot hinder it ... and - in emergency - there is an excuse... :lol: ...

But IMHO, booze, chemicals or emotional tortures are not a pre-condition to be creative ... apart from the fact that when one looks at such produce later, one sees it in quite a different light and might no longer be so sure about the quality ... because there's so much missing, memory-wise ...

Insofar there is surely a point for creating something with a clear head. I think, it's well enough of a challenge to get through to and face one's clear heart ... and to reach a clear expression ... playing /experimenting with things one actually remembers could make the way not only somewhat shorter but somewhat more adventurous as well ... anyway, there is no prescription to stop joking and have no more fun and joy underway ...
Izzy HaveMercy

timsinister wrote:I've stayed out of this thread, like I've tried to stay out of all of these tired old cliches, but...

It's a harsh truth.

It's not harsh. It's merely essential.

I always fear artists stating they are off coke for a month. I always end up thinking 'ahhh he/she was good as long as it lasted...' :lol:

IZ.