Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Dealing with :von: should have been child's play for Jerry compared to Pete Burns,
You do know that the "Jerry Lovelock" thing is a joke don't you? Wayne is actually, really called Wayne...
No way ! Next you'll be telling me "Von" is not actually a German count !
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Oh, but he is! He resides in Castle Neuschwanstein.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Sita wrote:Oh, but he is! He resides in Castle Neuschwanstein.
How could I forget - the title and residence both come with the title of Dark Gothic Overlord. He'll be sitting there drinking blood next to the coffin he sleeps in with his pet raven under the belfry (cont'd page 94)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Dealing with :von: should have been child's play for Jerry compared to Pete Burns,
You do know that the "Jerry Lovelock" thing is a joke don't you? Wayne is actually, really called Wayne...
No way ! Next you'll be telling me "Von" is not actually a German count !
Fairy nuff. Just checking.

Sorry.

Good answer though, serves me right. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Sita

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Sita wrote:Oh, but he is! He resides in Castle Neuschwanstein.
How could I forget - the title and residence both come with the title of Dark Gothic Overlord. He'll be sitting there drinking blood next to the coffin he sleeps in with his pet raven under the belfry (cont'd page 94)
Aww quite to the contrary, no blood drinking or pet ravens at all, Count Von Eldritches reign over us happy smiling fascists of Bavaria is quite merry and benign:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

With the exception of Mike (I like the concept of cricket - just the game is deathy dull) and Norman (on principle though tis true heartless Tories haven't the humour or the evil countenances any more) am pretty much in agreement! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Sita wrote: Aww quite to the contrary, no blood drinking or pet ravens at all, Count Von Eldritches reign over us happy smiling fascists of Bavaria is quite merry and benign:
Thanks for reminding me, Sita, I've not read that since it came out. Further proof of his humour and fantastic way with words. Culturally aware for a guy in his twenties, too - a sort of alternative Stephen Fry.

Julie Andrews and Joanna Lumley, eh ? Freud would have had a field day. Perhaps it was his :von: 's love of Eliot that inspired Mr Hussey's Wasteland ?

@MarkFiend I may have known about Wayne's name, but until the dsicussion yesterday I didn't realise that I didn't have to type my own asterisks in M*****n ! :oops:
iesus
Overbomber

Even if Administrators remove the M****n thing, i will type the asterisks on my own as i did from the first time when i first wrote M***n in this forum ;D

And if you don't believe me check out the log files and you will see that i never typed M****n in this forum but i always used **** by myself :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
paul
Overbomber

iesus wrote:Even if Administrators remove the M****n thing, i will type the asterisks on my own as i did from the first time when i first wrote M***n in this forum ;D

And if you don't believe me check out the log files and you will see that i never typed M****n in this forum but i always used **** by myself :lol:
How cool :roll:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

dtsom wrote:and my question is: why on earth did they choose this name??
they could´ve chosen thousand of names but they chose the sistershood why??
To annoy Eldritch. That part's not in dispute. But they never expected the name to last and certainly weren't trying to steal the band from him.
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote:Even if Administrators remove the M****n thing, i will type the asterisks on my own as i did from the first time when i first wrote M***n in this forum ;D

Why??
Sita

cause it's funny! :D
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

What's wrong with The M¡ss¡on?
iesus
Overbomber

Sita wrote:cause it's funny! :D
Yes, it is :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
paul
Overbomber

it's sad, especially when it's hard to get over yourself ;-)
playboy

iesus wrote:
Yes, it is :D
It was. The first time. Just to make a funny statement. And Wayne thought it was funny to call his band The Sisterhood. For a second.
Some just don´t know when to stop.
playboy

DocSommer wrote:What's wrong with The M¡ss¡on?
Nothing. They are a band. Writing and playing music. It makes me sad to see the Sisters fans wrote anything negative about other bands. The Sisters fans used to be more intelligent, well spoken, political animals in the past. Who never ever talked or behaved this way. Not to other musicians. Let alone members (past or present) in THE SISTERS OF MERCY...... It is beyond stupidity.

Silence is platinum.
paul
Overbomber

playboy wrote:
DocSommer wrote:What's wrong with The M¡ss¡on?
Nothing. They are a band. Writing and playing music. It makes me sad to see the Sisters fans wrote anything negative about other bands. The Sisters fans used to be more intelligent, well spoken, political animals in the past. Who never ever talked or behaved this way. Not to other musicians. Let alone members (past or present) in THE SISTERS OF MERCY...... It is beyond stupidity.

Silence is platinum.
Amen to that :notworthy:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

We're just jealous that fan of the Mission can listen to more studio album, more change in setlists. But we're not exactly jealous about quality of Wayne's music esp. lyrics.
playboy

Bartek wrote:We're just jealous that fan of the Mission can listen to more studio album, more change in setlists. But we're not exactly jealous about quality of Wayne's music esp. lyrics.
And I am not exactly of most of Andrews songs the past 20 years, well not amongst the few that has been presented to the public anyway. Maybe he has written more, I hope so, you gotta keep on writing to mantain the quality. But then again, why haven´t they been presented? Are they worse than Will I Dream? Slept? Romeo Down? As you might understand this is a matter of taste. Some do actually like a lot of Mish´s songs. Some don´t. Some really like a song like Come Together. Some don´t.....

Is ones personal music taste really worth discussing?
Maybe. But to say that ones taste are "wrong or right" is for teenagers.
Britney Spears or Lady Gaga....
playboy

playboy wrote:
Bartek wrote:We're just jealous that fan of the Mission can listen to more studio album, more change in setlists. But we're not exactly jealous about quality of Wayne's music esp. lyrics.
And I am not exactly of most of Andrews songs the past 20 years, well not amongst the few that has been presented to the public anyway. Maybe he has written more, I hope so, you gotta keep on writing to mantain the quality. But then again, why haven´t they been presented? Are they worse than Will I Dream? Slept? Romeo Down? As you might understand this is a matter of taste. Some do actually like a lot of Mish´s songs. Some don´t. Some really like a song like Come Together. Some don´t.....

Is ones personal music taste really worth discussing?
Maybe. But to say that ones taste are "wrong or right" is for teenagers.
Britney Spears or Lady Gaga....
"Exactly jealous", should it read in my first sentence. Sorry. I lost the word "jealous".
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

that is obvious that all this thread, well only this off topic, is about a matter of taste. Orange or apple ?
Last edited by Bartek on 11 Sep 2011, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
playboy

Bartek wrote:that is obvious that all this thread, well only this off topic, is a matter of taste. Orange or apple ?
orange, please
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

playboy wrote: The Sisters fans used to be more intelligent, well spoken, political animals in the past. Who never ever talked or behaved this way. Not to other musicians. Let alone members (past or present) in THE SISTERS OF MERCY...... It is beyond stupidity.
Silence is platinum.
This is the second time I've read you posting about the golden age of Sisters fans - when was this exactly ? Are not the people posting largely amusing stuff about WH here the same people who were around "back in the day" ?

Musicians, like anyone else in life, tend to attract the respect they deserve. Most people posting on this subject have paid tribute to WH's contribution to the Sisters (and I dare say that most will have the odd CD from his subsequent project or have been to see them live) but surely a bit of banter about the more pretentious excesses or criticism of some dubious career moves is fair comment and not "beyond stupidity".
Potski
Road Kill

1. I finally remembered my password....

2. http://youtu.be/NAxwahvkpTA
Interview with WH from 2007 talks about his life and mentions AE and his time in the Sisters