the new m*****n single

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Has anyone purchased or listened to the m*****n song "Sleeping Pills" yet?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Brad wrote:Has anyone purchased or listened to the m*****n song "Sleeping Pills" yet?
i've heard a few that have the same effect as sleeping pills.. :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Brad wrote:Has anyone purchased or listened to the m*****n song "Sleeping Pills" yet?
Have heard it. Starts with a Dr Avalanche style drumbeat (c. Lights) followed by repeated guitar riff which is typical of that period. Difficult to describe but a bit like Heartland, but more low-fi so more like Poison Door or one of the tracks from Clash of Dreams. Craig playing eight to the bar as usual, rising then falling, with a bit of syncopation on the sixth/seventh beat of each two bar motif. Then the recent overdub vocals, guitar and synths start, and it effectively becomes a different song. Can easily see how it could have been worked up into a TSOM b side in the 84/85 era. An interesting curio, but I'm sure that even fans of Wayne's current band would agree that the finished version is hardly a classic, hence its release on this edition of AFFG. Wonder if there are any other backing tracks from 84/85 on an old cassette somewhere...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Marian seems to have been aired in Liverpool last night too, I foud this tatty mp3 on the old tinterweb this morning.

https://mega.nz/#F!VEsgwBTL!CMMvCFm5NuYdmG00JpDDqg

:innocent:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I went to Hull last night ,Marian wasn't on the original setlist but Wayne asked the audience if they wanted it rather than the original choice the reaction meant we got Marian. One of the more apparent differences to the current Sisters incarnation of it (well aside from the bass guitar) was how loud the drum machine was. It actually sounded like the noise we got back in 1985 as apposed to it sounding like it was being performed from inside the toilet.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Went to see The Mish on Saturday. Nothing but praise. Most touching clip I saw and I believe it was Liverpool. wayne got a young fan on stage to sing Deliverance. Everlasting memory :notworthy:
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Is there any recent full recording out somewhere?
That were cool
love is just a shot away
Swinnow
Overbomber

There does seem to be a lack of recordings circulating. I have Liverpool Academy in FLAC but it is not quite complete, my mic cut out during Beyond The Pale (track 1) and comes in again during Met Amor Phosis (track 2). Other than that it's good quality. Did anyone else record it? I'd like their versions of the gig so I can patch mine up.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....