Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Was chuckling reading the excerpt remembering the Captain Scarlet t-shirt I used to wear to death around Leeds Uni campus in 1982/3. Bought at HMV in Liverpool if I remember correctly.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The excerpt has certainly whetted my appetite. Can't wait. :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Icon
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

This sounds so interesting. From the small exerpt I believe we never had such in depth information as this book. I think it‘s going to be a whole new level. Can‘t wait either.
mh
Above the Chemist

Devoured the preview, likewise I'm seriously impressed at the depth of research and that even now new information is forthcoming. This is gonna be good.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
iesus
Overbomber

Got the 2 pdf's on email some hour ago and the appetite went up high :lol: ;D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I got the email too but haven't read the pdfs yet....waiting til tomorrow night so I can enjoy them with a glass or two of vino :D
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
czuczu
Overbomber

I only read the interview - gotta save every printed word for the actual reading :)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Fantastic Prologue, amazing new fact in the first line, the first of many. Would love to see a photo of that unusual coffee table! I'd never realised before today that the other member of Craig's short-lived post-Expelaires pre-Sisters project was the same guy who DJed at Le Phono in the early 80's and was personally responsible for broadening my musical tastes. Anyone who hasn't reserved a copy of Mark's book is really missing out!
OLDFART

Loved the prologue and can't wait for the book now :notworthy:
Swinnow
Overbomber

One of our old friends, who.was a medical secretary at the LGI, lived alongside Craig's family when he was a boy. When t'Mish were at their late 80's peak she used to.tell us tales about this lovely boy who was quite a keyboard prodigy.
iesus
Overbomber

Just received email from Unbound
We’re expecting the first editions of Paint My Name In Black And Gold to arrive at our warehouse soon.

To make sure all books arrive safely we only dispatch to delivery addresses that we know are up to date.

Before we can post out your copy, please check that the delivery details below are still correct and click Confirm details if nothing has changed.

Need to update your details? No problem.
They say they will send first the confirmed addresses, so check emails and confirm :D :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Confirmed! It's happening!
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
OLDFART

Had that email as well so hopefully the wait is nearly over :D
mh
Above the Chemist

Confirmed!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
czuczu
Overbomber

"on the record" in the extra Q made me smile!
Dr. Moody

Your order has now been dispatched.

Three cheers, can't wait.
iesus
Overbomber

Here too :D ;D
Your order has now been dispatched.

Please take a look below for your delivery details:
Now daily tracing is on :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
iesus
Overbomber

Just told my mother that i expect a book to be delivered, to know aboout. When she heard that i bought it at October of 2019 she gazed at me like i can't describe the look :lol: :lol: :lol: ;D
Moms... :kiss: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
mh
Above the Chemist

I just got this:
Paint My Name In Black And Gold - EU Supporter Copies

Hi ...,

Thank you for supporting Paint My Name in Black & Gold.

We are so happy to be dispatching this book but are contacting our EU customers with an update on shipment.

Due to the customs changes brought in on 1st July, as a result of Brexit, all items travelling into the EU from the UK are subject to import taxes and VAT. This means you could be charged by customs in your country of residence to receive your book.

We are in the process of registering for the IOSS scheme which will resolve this however this will still take some time to finalise. If you would like your book dispatched ASAP and understand these charges may apply please reply to this email to confirm.

If you decide to wait for the IOSS registration you will be emailed once this is completed and we hope you enjoy the ebook in the meantime!
No sign of the ebook they hope I'll enjoy, but I assume that's just a timing/synchronization thing, and that the ebook will be forthcoming.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

mh wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 16:41 I just got this:

Hi ...,

We are so happy to be dispatching this book but are contacting our EU customers with an update on shipment.

Due to the customs changes brought in on 1st July, as a result of Brexit, all items travelling into the EU from the UK are subject to import taxes and VAT. This means you could be charged by customs in your country of residence to receive your book.

We are in the process of registering for the IOSS scheme which will resolve this however this will still take some time to finalise. If you would like your book dispatched ASAP and understand these charges may apply please reply to this email to confirm.

If you decide to wait for the IOSS registration you will be emailed once this is completed and we hope you enjoy the ebook in the meantime!
No sign of the ebook they hope I'll enjoy, but I assume that's just a timing/synchronization thing, and that the ebook will be forthcoming.
Yeah, when the ebook is available there is no problem on my side to wait a bit longer for the actual book.
Still, I'd like to know how long this would be. Taxes, VAT and stuff can amount to more than ten quid given the fact
that I had to pay some 7,54€ in tax, VAT and DHL handling fees (that alone a standard 6€) for the BBC Sessions CD ...
iesus
Overbomber

Here was a new email from fedex p2p that they received a package of 1kg and are sending it with a tracking code. No mention of something else :roll:
I hope they will not eat me alive when it comes here :worry: :cry: :cry: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Being645 wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 18:57 Taxes, VAT and stuff can amount to more than ten quid given the fact
that I had to pay some 7,54€ in tax, VAT and DHL handling fees (that alone a standard 6€) for the BBC Sessions CD ...
Ouch!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Should be here before the weekend :).
GC
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 18:57
mh wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 16:41 I just got this:

Hi ...,

Yeah, when the ebook is available there is no problem on my side to wait a bit longer for the actual book.
Still, I'd like to know how long this would be. Taxes, VAT and stuff can amount to more than ten quid given the fact
Same here in NL - Waiting for another War cost me an extra €6 (but worth it). My mother sent me an early christmas cake, like she does every year and I had to pay an extra €8. Goddamn the Brexit man.
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm moderately disappointed in Unbound because I would have thought this was basic stuff that they should have resolved by now. This can hardly be the first project to hit this issue, can it?

None of that detracts from Mark's achievement getting the book done though.