2021-09-10, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

I am in
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 13:51We'll be seeing you there Stu :von:

Oh, I am so back into gigs now they're possible, rack 'em up!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 13:08
Planet Dave wrote: 20 Aug 2021, 13:51We'll be seeing you there Stu :von:

Oh, I am so back into gigs now they're possible, rack 'em up!
A 3-night Sisters Fest will do for me, it'll certainly take care of all available funds for such things. I'd rather like to go see New Order on the 8th at the Piece Hall but it's completely out of the question. Looking outside right now reminds me of the downside of big open air festivals, am looking forward to tucking in at The Enterprise with mi cocoa and slippers at the end of each night's festivities in Camden rather than having to find a tent ;D

No mention yet of any potential support turns for the weekend. Another Utah Saints DJ stint would go down well with the Burley Park Massiv 8)
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 13:51. I'd rather like to go see New Order on the 8th at the Piece Hall but it's completely out of the question.
Saw Hooky play last night, festival set for smallish crowd - still sounds incredible and actually playing far more than he usually does.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 22:22
Planet Dave wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 13:51. I'd rather like to go see New Order on the 8th at the Piece Hall but it's completely out of the question.
Saw Hooky play last night, festival set for smallish crowd - still sounds incredible and actually playing far more than he usually does.
Nice :D his DJ sets are funky too, never seen him live solo though, though I oughta, saw a YT clip of him playing Elegia that blew my head off :notworthy:
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Support Bands (according to A A Williams post on IG)

Friday - Jesus Jones
Saturday - A A Williams
Sunday - I Like Trains
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

all shite then...like the old days. never mind -longer in the ' battle-cruiser where it i is cheaper..
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
czuczu
Overbomber

I'm still partial to a bit of Jesus Jones, as long as they play Info Freako.
Odd choice though!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 15:59 I'm still partial to a bit of Jesus Jones, as long as they play Info Freako.
Odd choice though!
Thought that was their only song! ;D it is a good one though, popped it on YT to remind myself, and yup can definitely say I ain't heard it since 1989 but did love it at the time, briefly. We're front row-bound first night so I daresay I'll know a few more of their tunes by the end of the set. Saturday Sunday will no doubt be strolls across the road 5 minutes before kick-off.

Can't be easy organising support at short notice during a global pandemic, fair play to all the bands showing up :notworthy:
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 16:14
Can't be easy organising support at short notice during a global pandemic, fair play to all the bands showing up :notworthy:
i'd have thought every band in the coutry would be champing at the bit to play live.
i bet the eureka machines would do it.... :innocent:

LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Would I be right in thinking that jesus jones is Ben's doing? I know he's a fan and iirc they recently met/Ben played for his band?

Incredibly exited for AA williams though. I don't understand your guys aversion but heck, just means more for me
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 14:17 Would I be right in thinking that jesus jones is Ben's doing? I know he's a fan and iirc they recently met/Ben played for his band?

Incredibly exited for AA williams though. I don't understand your guys aversion but heck, just means more for me
Her music is superb but it's not really Sisters warm-up music for my blocked-up ears, you couldn't hear or appreciate the intricacies of her tunes in Manchester and Leeds last year, due to off-sound and chatting crowd. She's headlining the Brudenell the w/e before and I suspect that'd be a much better place to best appreciate her live sound, or at least headlining her own Roundhouse gig, for example. But as I say, my ears are all blocked up.
LyanvisAberrant

Planet Dave wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 14:53
LyanvisAberrant wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 14:17 Would I be right in thinking that jesus jones is Ben's doing? I know he's a fan and iirc they recently met/Ben played for his band?

Her music is superb but it's not really Sisters warm-up music for my blocked-up ears, you couldn't hear or appreciate the intricacies of her tunes in Manchester and Leeds last year, due to off-sound and chatting crowd. She's headlining the Brudenell the w/e before and I suspect that'd be a much better place to best appreciate her live sound, or at least headlining her own Roundhouse gig, for example. But as I say, my ears are all blocked up.
Aaah understable. That's AA shame. Maybe the sound guys have picked up a few things since then, but if the atmosphere ain't right, it ain't right.
If only I wasn't Bournemouth-bound...

Anyone heard of I like trains? I dread to think
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I like trains have supported the Sisters a number of tours. I really liked them at the time. Wasn't as keen on the latest stuff, however they will be grand live.
Goths have feelings too
edu
Road Kill

got my flights and hotel
i am going to be there
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Full respect to everyone who is managing to get over to this rock, given the current state of the world, for the gigs :notworthy:
OLDFART

Train tkts booked for this , first gigs since March 2020 and think if I don't get out the house I'll never bother with gigs again .
eastmidswhizzkid

booked myself a backup bolthole for £35 for a single room. probably /possibly wont need it & deffo wont be sleeping in it but seeing as national express are taking me to that London and bacxk again for less than a tenner it seemed churlish to ruinthe ship for a ha'porth of tar. the price of Ho'tels in camden and surrounding areas are rocketting up price-wise now. some cheap dormitories but f**k them ....like i say no sleep 'till tooting broadway

czuczu
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 15:45Like i say no sleep 'till tooting broadway
I've looted and I've begged
On the tubes of the Bec on Broadway
I've been run over by cars
And to prove it here's the scars
On my wrist
I've been cut
I've been stitched
I've been buggered, bewitched, and abadoned
But nothing in Heaven or Earth
Prepared me for this...

The Final Comedown

It's a victory worth sharing
We should celebrate I think
With the bloodiest of marys
That I'm too f**ked to drink
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 16:41
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 15:45Like i say no sleep 'till tooting broadway
I've looted and I've begged
On the tubes of the Bec on Broadway
I've been run over by cars
And to prove it here's the scars
On my wrist
I've been cut
I've been stitched
I've been buggered, bewitched, and abadoned
But nothing in Heaven or Earth
Prepared me for this...

The Final Comedown

It's a victory worth sharing
We should celebrate I think
With the bloodiest of marys
That I'm too f**ked to drink
A fellow Carter fan.
:notworthy:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
mh
Above the Chemist

Event reminder email from the Roundhouse:
Hi

We can't wait to see you here soon, here are your event details:

The Sisters of Mercy
Friday 10 September
7:00 pm
Order Number: blah

Now here's the stuff you really need to know before you come:

Your tickets

As #Performance Title# is a digitally ticketed event you will be sent an email with your digital ticket attached approximately 48-hours before the performance.

For further assistance with your digital tickets, you can always visit our FAQs.

COVID-19: Helping keep everyone safe

We have done a huge amount of work to design the best and safest experience for visitors, artists and staff.

You can help keep yourself and everyone as safe as possible by adhering to and following our guidelines by:

Carrying out a lateral flow test prior to visiting the venue and only attending if your test was negative. Please log your results with NHS Track & Trace
Not attending if you have Covid-19 symptoms or have been contacted and told to isolate by NHS Track & Trace or NHS Contact Tracing
On arrival, logging in via the NHS Track & Trace app
Wearing a mask when moving around the venue or in queues, unless medically exempt
Following signage and staff instructions
Keeping your hands clean; utilising our hygiene stations and hand washing facilities in the toilets
Bringing minimal personal belongings to the venue to avoid cloakroom queues
Alerting a member of staff if you develop symptoms whilst at the venue while maintaining social distancing and wearing your mask.
More details can be found in our FAQs to include specifics on our Covid-19: Safety measures.

Arrival and Security

Make sure you know how to find us.

Please allow plenty of time to get here.

Searches are in operation as you enter the building. The cloakroom will be open as normal, but we recommend bringing minimal personal belongings.

Show Information

You can find the stage times on the event's page on our website, published beforehand.

Most Main Space events will contain flashing lights, however strobe effects are rare. We will make every effort to advertise on the auditorium doors if strobe lights are in use.

Fun Stuff

We'll be sending you information a few days before the event with everything exciting that's going on throughout the building. Make sure that you check your email preferences, so that you don't miss out.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid

seems like a massive ballache but nothing i wasnt expecting.

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'm presuming that's just a generic 'recommendations' mail sent out to everyone who bought a ticket direct from them. Got one despite the fact that I already paid them the extra two quid fifty for the pleasure of collecting tickets on the door Friday eve. Good luck to them if they try send digital tickets to my nokia.
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 22:38 I'm presuming that's just a generic 'recommendations' mail sent out to everyone who bought a ticket direct from them. Got one despite the fact that I already paid them the extra two quid fifty for the pleasure of collecting tickets on the door Friday eve. Good luck to them if they try send digital tickets to my nokia.
now thats annoying because at no point during the 2 (seperated in time) purchases i made was i offered ANY physical ticket options including collection...and only when the 3rd ticket was gifted to me was the collection 'option' revealed and indeed forced upon me. :evil:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 01:03
Planet Dave wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 22:38 I'm presuming that's just a generic 'recommendations' mail sent out to everyone who bought a ticket direct from them. Got one despite the fact that I already paid them the extra two quid fifty for the pleasure of collecting tickets on the door Friday eve. Good luck to them if they try send digital tickets to my nokia.
now thats annoying because at no point during the 2 (seperated in time) purchases i made was i offered ANY physical ticket options including collection...and only when the 3rd ticket was gifted to me was the collection 'option' revealed and indeed forced upon me. :evil:
Indeed. I argued the absolute toss with them about it, on principle of course, fk the two pound fifty pee, over a course of emails, to no avail. None-smart-phone-owning lives matter! or summat :twisted: apparently they kinda do (for now), but their wallets matter more.