The fabled Sisterhood demo version of 'This Corrosion'

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
James Blast
Banned

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: robertzombie :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Brilliant post Sir!
I agree with every word.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Dark wrote:
Eldorado wrote:Do you really think Von would want that being listened to and, quite probably laughed at, as it shows exactly what Steinman did for the track. In fact I think the best thing for me to do would be to throw it away.
We've not laughed at the demos of pretty much every other song released.
And we've all heard what TC sounds like live, in a stripped-down and de-Steinmanized mode. Some of us might like it, some of us might not, much the same as Brussels Sprouts, but I don't see anyone laughing at it.

For my part, I've bought - let's see - at the last count 8 copies of FALAA, 4 of Floodland and 3 of VT. I may be committed, I may be obsessed (I may be obsessive-compulsive when it comes to buying copies of FALAA, which is a whole nother story), but I don't think I'd be the type to laugh at any of Von's work (I certainly didn't laugh at Damage Done for starters). I think it's fair to say that most folks here would fall into a similar boat.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

I think we've been very appreciative of these embryonic recordings. We still hold what we have been listening to for years (decades) close to our hearts. To finally get a chance to listen to something from the 'glory days', albeit a sketch, is rain from heaven for most of us.

I really hate dissing anyone on here, 'specially a new poster, but don't dangle a carrot in front of us, then whip it away.

Am I stirring a sh1tstorm, Steve?
I really don't mean to.

One of the things that attracted me to Heartland the most, was the sharing. That begat (sorry to get all biblical on yo ass) a very strong sense of community. I searched for years and years till I was pointed in this direction by ma guid Bro DerekR.

We are a very supportive, friendly bunch of nuts who like to share. AFAIC that was the way this place was designed.

Blast Rant#39 over :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

IIRC, isn't the version of "Finland" on Gift the Fatboy's remix?

Or so I recall.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cripes, you ignore a thread for five minutes and all hell breaks loose. What's all this about then? Foaming at the mouth over old demos? Wait til you hear the full-on techno-hell mixes of everything Von is probably working on as we speak. :innocent: :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave wrote:Cripes, you ignore a thread for five minutes and all hell breaks loose. What's all this about then? Foaming at the mouth over old demos? Wait til you hear the full-on techno-hell mixes of everything Von is probably working on as we speak. :innocent: :lol:
You'll get your copy soon enough, with some banging tunes as well :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
indy
Banned

Eldorado wrote: In fact I think the best thing for me to do would be to throw it away.
Do it!!!! Burn it up and send us the photos of it burning. Then pass the message to Von that if he wasn't such a lazy f**k and put out some new material the fans wouldn't be scampering over every f**king bone somebody throws us. Talk about a band that really milks out every dollar out of it's fans.

I say burn it.

However praises go out to diddley for showing some balls and releasing it.
robertzombie
Overbomber

:notworthy: indy
lachert
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote::notworthy: indy
and mine :notworthy:
can't say it better
long live rock'n'roll
James Blast
Banned

I might aswell join in :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

lachert wrote:
robertzombie wrote::notworthy: indy
and mine :notworthy:
can't say it better
Go for it. If this girl wants to burn the tape, or chuck it.. whatever. She's destroying an artifact, but then we don't get it, and neither will she. And if hers is the only copy left... well, we'd better be fuckin' glad we got Carl when we did.
James Blast
Banned

Games above oor heid's Young Padewan... :|
~ Peter Steele
diddley2
Road Kill

I would just like to thank everybody for their support & can't wait for the Techno/Trance remixes...
Awaiting Megauploads.
:lol:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

diddley2 wrote:I would just like to thank everybody for their support & can't wait for the Techno/Trance remixes...
Awaiting Megauploads.
:lol:
I got a d'n'b version of 'Burn' and a Lounge version of 1959 if you want? :innocent:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Rise&Reverberate
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote:- at the last count 8 copies of FALAA, 4 of Floodland and 3 of VT.
:eek: :notworthy:

Don't suppose you've got a spare copy of Silent Sound lying around have you? Mr Spaceman™ was a bit slow off the mark when it came out :oops:
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Typical, I get ill and miss this...any chance of a belated share please? Even if not, thanks to Carl for doing this for us HL'ers. It certainly settles the Urban Myth side to the TC demos. :notworthy: :notworthy:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Big Si
School Bully

Syberberg wrote:Typical, I get ill and miss this...any chance of a belated share please? Even if not, thanks to Carl for doing this for us HL'ers. It certainly settles the Urban Myth side to the TC demos. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Check your PM's :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Eldorado
Road Kill

lachert wrote:
Eldorado wrote:I didn't mean to cause a stir, sorry. :oops: My temperament comes with my nationality, blame my parents.
If someone would like to tell me how to unload mp3's for sharing then I will attempt it. Again, sorry. Forgive me.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
:P
did you already converted them to mp3?
Yes.
lachert
Overbomber

so it shouldn't be difficult :D
if this is in one big file then go directly to some site like
www.rapidshare.de
www.yousendit.com
www.megaupload.com
and follow directions...
if it is in few separate files, please pack it in something like winzip or winrar and do the above :D
hope it helps :?
long live rock'n'roll
robertzombie
Overbomber

Once you've uploaded I'm sure many of us (including me) will reupload it so that more people can get it (for some reason some people can't work all the upload sites).

I knew you'd come round Eldorado, top man :D
James Blast
Banned

Indeed Rob, Ms. E has come thru for us 'good guys' :D

Group hug Steve? :lol: :lol: :lol:

all's well that ends well :D
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Ms. E
oops! :oops:

top woman! ;D
Eldorado
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:
James Blast wrote:Ms. E
oops! :oops:

top woman! ;D

La Femme Fetal
James Blast
Banned

Eldorado wrote:La Femme Fetal
hehehehehehe :lol:
~ Peter Steele
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hooray for the Wallabies I'd say !

I for one adore discovering how songs were 'created' - things that didn't work combined with modifications that clicked, and then the tuning and HARD LABOUR to come to an demo, up untill the end product... (unlike eg the Milli Vanilli stuff or whatever with fixed formulas)... respect !
Immodium for the people