So who'll win the World Cup...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Almiche V wrote:Checkout Rooney, he's an example they need to follow
:innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

I don't really think Rooney's to blame. The guy's nads were right in the logical position to put his foot to push off on another run :? If it was for the push on Ronaldo, then that's just incredibly poor sportsmanship (note Ronaldo's wink to the camera after Rooney goes :roll:) and bad refereeing.

If Portugal win the tournament, it'll be on penalties or because they were the least crap team on the field. If an England team who've been playing so apparently awfully for the entire tournament can hold them to penalties with 10 men, then the result says far more about their lack of quality than England's :|
robertzombie
Overbomber

Rooney needs to give Ronaldo a good punch when they get back to Old Trafford :evil:
aims
Overbomber

I think Alan Shearer alluded to it in the post match analysis. Doesn't seem entirely unlikely, either :lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

sigh.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

I'm gob-smacked. I really am. The best generation of England players? Definitely, and for some it was their last hurrah. So why was Nancy picking the team with her 6-1-1-1-1 formation? Or was that Ulrika?

Lamps has had a mare at this tournament, Stevie has been played out of position and generally players have been asked to play in positions/roles that are totally alien to them. Joe Cole was the obvious exception but even he couldn't sustain it. And Becks still has a place in the team.

We are England. We have The Premiership. We know 4-4-2.

Two points:

1. Theo Walcott - I make no comment about his inclusion in the squad. I will however say that it wasn't the best 'work experience' Sven could have made for the boy.

2. Owen Hargreaves. I do watch the Bundesliga and he is a stunning player. Always played as a sub or out of position, for England, but he was the only one who wanted to win tonight. If only these other millionaries could match his work ethic and commitment.

I do affectionately call him 'our Deutsche'. Oh, he was the only England player to score in the shoot-out. Against Ricardo who makes his name on the penalty thangy. Otherwise he's a s**t keeper. But 'our Deutsche' never failed.

I rest my case.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Francis
Overbomber

I beg to differ. Young Walcott was the star of the show for me. As for the rest of 'em. Ten grand a week and they can't even hit the back of the net from twelve yards? Christ, even I could do that after a Heartland do and a Nafees curry.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Francis
Overbomber

I agree about Hargreaves though. Plenty of heart. Shame he didn't seem to know what to do with the ball in the fourth quarter of the field. til it really mattered.
Francis
Overbomber

Ok, so my football pundit credentials might not be that impressive.

The game is kicking off in around the park
It’s twenty five a side and before it’s dark
There’s gonna be a loser
And you know the next goal wins

:lol:
James Blast
Banned

ECNALUMBA for Francis!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

Ambulance? Can't be that wasted yet then. :lol:
Francis
Overbomber

Don't forget to bring your Travel Scrabble with you in July James. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

nada July :cry:
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

:eek: Why? PM time?
scotty
Overbomber

I'd love to see the look on the talentless attention seeking thick ignorant pop has been pop wannabe spendaholic perma fake tanned "W.A.G.S" tonight :twisted: .

A bad way to go out, but I don't think the Manager could organize a Flies gathering on a lump of Dog Shit to be honest, the team got as far as they did despite Sven rather than because of him, I mean, take some of the best players in their positions in the game today and play them out of position :roll: FFS.

Rooney may be a petulant wee prick but there's no denying his talent, he'll not get as much bad press a Beckham did when he got sent off against Argentina, there was way too much pressure being put on him.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

Welcome to Scotland.

:twisted:
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Svens tactis were - as usual - passionless, boring, ignorant and stooooopid. You can't play Rooney up front on his own - Crouch yes, he pulled it off - but our Wayne was frustrated. Like everybody else. They can all play if they're allowed to express themselves. But Sven stifled them. I hope McLaren does better, it should be bleedin' obvious how we need to play. He's got a load of notes to read through. So out with the very very old and in with the new I hope.

It should have been Crouch and Rooney upfront. And Lumpard on the bench. He's either crap or not confident.

Meanwhile, back where it matters....
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Francis
Overbomber

Battle plans mean s**t when the enemy's engaged. Blame the manager if you want. Or you could face reality.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

I was disappointed at England's loss. Good Lord...Rooney where were you?

Now they are gone, my prediction is Germany V France.

I think France will take it.

Too smooth the French are.... Henry... What a footie...

As for Porto... Great team,..but
France has too much panache.

BP
Francis
Overbomber

Ha! Been listening to John too much Val. :wink:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Francis wrote:Ha! Been listening to John too much Val. :wink:
No Francis, not at all and he'll tell you so.

I have been watching the entire Cup Play. My prognostications are my own based on what I have seen so far. From the 8's I picked all but England... :cry: who let me down. I picked France. Germany, England, and Italy. Who let me down? England. :|

At this moment I predict
France V Germany

With....

Let me ponder a moment.. my new boss is French and he's mailed me on the French win..

I predict

Germany to take the CUP.

Best to you Francis.

BP

:kiss:
:notworthy:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

:)
Last edited by Black Planet on 02 Jul 2006, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Francis
Overbomber

France v Germany. That would be a bugger to take sides on. :lol:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Francis wrote:France v Germany. That would be a bugger to take sides on. :lol:
As one of my (English) mates put it - "The best result to hope for would be a meteor strike on the pitch." :lol:
анархия
Big Si
School Bully

All the press seem to be gunning for Sven today.

It was a weird day in Glasgow yesterday, everyone cheering on Portugal in the pubs but out on the street's there were loads of people waving union jack's, it was the annual Gay Pride march I believe :wink:

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis