Sisters played Suikerrock

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:I don't have friends "only people I know"
That's been my motto for the past 5 years or so, it makes life much easier.
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:just me then, I don't have friends "only people I know"
Thanks, Blaast. Thanks very much...
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@ Andy Christ 666.... :notworthy: I second that wholeheartedly. :notworthy:
eotunun
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:
James Blast wrote:just me then, I don't have friends "only people I know"
Thanks, Blaast. Thanks very much...
Never mind, Raf. People get funny as they grow old. :P
There is shadow under this red rock
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Welcome to HL temple techno-phobe.

The answer to your Adrenochrome question is no. :(
"as we walk on the floodland"
techno-phobe
Road Kill

Ozpat wrote:Welcome to HL temple techno-phobe.

The answer to your Adrenochrome question is no. :(
Hi Ozpat, and thanks for the welcome to the temple.

I wasn't sure about Adrenachrome as I thought it might be another case of When You Don't See Me, or in my case When You Don't Hear Me as I seemed to go to every other gig they didn't play it at for a while.

Still, hearing Good Things live has given me hope that it could still turn up in a setlist one day, just hope I'm at the gig when it happens !

I got a copy of Good Things from a kindly soul on here (Can't remember the poster but thanks a million for putting a link on here for it ) and now just need to track down a copy of the whole gig somehow :innocent:

Of course being new to all this I'm not 100% sure on the etiquette for getting hold of copies but if a kindly person could PM me and advise me I'd really appreciate it.

Anyhoo, back to trying to look busy in the office whilst secretly starting the embryonic planning of how to get to Bulgaria if needs be in a couple of weeks !

Once again I have to say Hurrah for The Sisters as they rocked me good again at Tienen !
darkparticle

@ techno-phobe luckily your digital alter-ego comes in the form of DocSommer who cast his virtual net and fed everyone fish for weeks. If you don't believe me check what's going on in the sharing wing :wink:
Oh, and thanks a million :notworthy: :kiss: DocSommer - well landed!
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Elise
Road Kill

radiojamaica wrote:
Elise wrote:Found some really nice pictures here ; http://forum.belgiumdigital.com/f42/sui ... 23431.html

Very cool pics! Nice find, Elise :notworthy:
radiojamaica wrote:

That's what I thought too , Koen ! :D
Pity we didn't see you saturday !
techno-phobe
Road Kill

Merci Beaucoup Darkparticle for passing on that tit bit of advise for a newbie like myself and thank you, thank you, thank you DocSommer for providing such a fine meal of fish for us all !

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
darkparticle

emma
Now they did not have a clue what this is all about, the singer not wearing funky clothes, not even saying "good evening I love you let's rock"
- did you see the presidents then? those suck ass, crowd torturing, over-hyping, superinflated egoists...I can't describe how unsiutable they were

@ Monsiour
just me then, I don't have friends "only people I know"
I don't understand :roll: does this mean your intimate with everyone you meet?

Back to the main topic, this gig was outstanding for a number of reasons. I didn't know what to expect and had some resistance to doubts as AE passes as a fellow Yorkshire lad and Shire folk never let each other down :wink: but there's a lot of differing opinions and performances around this place :D...
Whatever your take on the lineup changes over time - any band is a combination and this team had a real creative blend, the adaptations are totally f**king LIVE-WIRED and the attitude of the sound doesn't work as well on any other level. I was pretty well wired but at times the sound and spectale were dizzying. I saw a band, they could all play their parts with style and give the crowd a Rock & Roll show. Big thanks go to all those involved (who might smurf this way)

Secondary thanks to the incredibly nice Belgians, the guy in Rock Cafe who let me get stoned in Leuven, the Maastricht crew I partied with and even the helpful Polities who politely gave me a lift to the station/confiscated my remaining weed.

Sorry to the German with sore toes, stood not far from the bar :oops:
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I'm still high on the sugar thing ;D :D :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Youtube vids look superb. Von sounded superb. Glad you all had a superb time. 8)

Not jealous in anyway whatsoever... :innocent:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
radiojamaica
Overbomber

christophe wrote:And finally I have my second (and last) video online.
The quality is really poor I have to say myself, but some good shots and you can hear how koen enjoys himself :P

Summer – Alice clicky
Yep, you got me there...
That's a reason why I don't try to record Sisters gigs anymore: I can't keep my trap shut ;D :oops:

I was having fun, that's true :D
in dub we trust
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Damn, dinky, I wish I was your lover

Hadn’t made up my mind whether to snog you or punch you… I have now

Next time, don’t be so shy and be ready to pucker up or duck

… ain’t spontaneity great

I’ll be the one in the Vision Thing t-shirt :wink:

Hi to M&N and all the other groovy peeps :notworthy:
:D
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Glad Chris got his way albeit two years late…shows the old man is listening. Here’s to 1969 :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote:Damn, dinky, I wish I was your lover

Hadn’t made up my mind whether to snog you or punch you… I have now

Next time, don’t be so shy and be ready to pucker up or duck

… ain’t spontaneity great

I’ll be the one in the Vision Thing t-shirt :wink:

Hi to M&N and all the other groovy peeps :notworthy:
:D
Great you're the one in Vision Thing shirt, but people; what about the guy in the Swastika (?) T-shirt during Alice (he's standing on the left, white shirt with black swastika...)

Is it my pessimist vision or what? You see it very well at 0.19

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dBw18R-yIFs
guns & cars & accidents
radiojamaica
Overbomber

and this webzine has put up another very positive review (in dutch!): http://www.damusic.be/reportage/1288/2

and some pics too:

in dub we trust
christophe
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:and this webzine has put up another very positive review (in dutch!): http://www.damusic.be/reportage/1288/2
I had a feeling that guy was going to write a good review.
I could tell by the look on his face during the gig :lol:
Another Shade of You.
lachert
Overbomber

me and paulina just back home. terrible 3 days on the road back to poland but it was worth of it :D i like "i didn't know i loved you" very much, "good things" wasn't bad at all :wink: and there wasn't "will i dream" first of all :lol:
special thanks for Phil of course to take care of drunk lachert and fridge full of duvels :roll: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

radiojamaica wrote:I'm still high on the sugar thing ;D :D :notworthy:
Me too! ;D 8) :notworthy:
Go over it again and again and again.....
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

anyone noticed that "this Corrosion" seems to be dropped this year :?: :!:
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

one version was done, but the voice was dropped... (Portugal)
guns & cars & accidents
lachert
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:Great you're the one in Vision Thing shirt, but people; what about the guy in the Swastika (?) T-shirt during Alice (he's standing on the left, white shirt with black swastika...)

Is it my pessimist vision or what? You see it very well at 0.19

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dBw18R-yIFs
right, but this is friendly hindu swastika, not so dangerous (ahimsa etc.). he probably got some om sign on the front :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

dammit.

just listening to the boot of this gig now (@ doc :notworthy: ) and realised its been way toooooooo long since i saw them :|

and trust them to do the best they've done in the last 5 years when i wasn't there.

dammit :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sunny1
Road Kill

Hi all,this is a translation from an article in dutch about the concert: (the link was given through the forum but lost it)

translated it for you all from the point where they stopped writing about the Scabs (previous band). So here it is tried my best on it. Try not to mind spelling mistakes:

...meanwhile heat had decreased and darkness had at last entered, ideal circumstances for the nice lichtshow and dark sound of the Sisters of Mercy. Just like at The Scabs their last full album dates again of beginning of the 90’s of the previous century, but the difference is that the Sisters continued to perform. In changing occupancies indeed, because the Sisters are anno 2008 in fact simply the lucrative toy of the front man Andrew Eldritch. This one doesn’t let himself be labelled under gothic, with as predictable consequence that some diehard goths in the course of years have been pulled out. Nevertheless this legendary group there always succeeds in renewin its public and, also for us, we are curious on which Belgian Festival they will play . This time it was suikerrock turn and with the firm rocking Vision Thing as in-your-face opener they proved immediately to be so much more them to be than a dark ghost from the past. With exception of the album First And last And Always, from which they only played the titeltrack live, they played songs from their entire discography. Thus we had got strong versions (with well singing - it has ever sometimes been differently – since Eldritch stoped smoking) Dominion/Mother Russia to hear of Flood I and II, the sublime Lucretia My Reflection, the powerful Anaconda and big party classic Alice. With the splendid Giving Ground it was reverted to the brief project The Sisterhood, whereas as unreleased songs such as such Crash And Burn and Summer showed that Eldritch also in his past `Vision Thing'- era has been able to write beautiful songs. Moreover the faithful fans in Tienen were rewarded for their presence with a some songs that he hadn’t played for a long time, namely Good Things and Capricorn. Cover of service was the song “ I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You rock `n Roll)� of glamrocker Gary Glitter and with the immortal Temple or Love as encore, preceded by the delicious instrumental tops Nite Out, we could go crazy completely. A fine closing of a sultry but fine second festival day on Suikerrock.