2 Dates In Leeds 2011 Part 2

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Back home in Nottinghamshire after two fantastic nights in Yorkshire.A genuine pleasure to talk to heartlanders who recognised me by my hoody,especially Bill Hicks,Being645 (my love) and Rise(I forget the number to my shame).
Two great sets,all made up to finally hear More played live,very disappointed with the t shirts,a poor Alice shirt with no backprint on wednesday was joined by a slightly better Vision Thing with no backprint on thursday.We got posters on thursday as well for the two gigs,for a fiver!
Cakes were okay,postcards were a nice touch,got a spare set for ebay?
Highlights for me were More,Someting Fast and just a general feeling that a lot of the songs they played seemed to have more depth to them,extra keyboard/bass/drums etc.Oh,and the fact that all the band seemed to be really enjoying both nights as well.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

Bunch of pics from Leeds and Sisters

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 558f6d5239
_emma_
Overbomber

I'm online just briefly at a friend's laptop, so let me take this opportunity to say that I think Eldritch is God. Byeeee now. :kiss: :kiss:
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

anyone can supply more details bout Claire's djing? selection? mixing skillz? etc?
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

I've just fallen back in the door after my trip up to Leeds. 4 hours each way not counting navigating across Nodnol. (I totally forgot about Heartland after the 2009 gigs, oops..)

I am *tired*. Why are travelodges so flipping noisy. :(
robertzombie
Overbomber

panzerfaust wrote:anyone can supply more details bout Claire's djing? selection? mixing skillz? etc?
I have a feeling she may have been told what not to play...

I really enjoyed her set on Wednesday night though, with the exception of Marilyn Manson :innocent:
Miki_Mundi
Road Kill

miprs4 wrote:Bunch of pics from Leeds and Sisters

Some clear pics there very nice
"In illusion comfort lies.."
Pics 16.02.11
https://picasaweb.google.com/1183831368 ... MCKnPGphwE#
paul
Overbomber

Nice pics, czuczu
San
Road Kill

Yuitsu wrote:I've just fallen back in the door after my trip up to Leeds. 4 hours each way not counting navigating across Nodnol. (I totally forgot about Heartland after the 2009 gigs, oops..)

tell me about it - the drilling started about 7am friday morning - not best pleased!
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

Miki_Mundi wrote:
miprs4 wrote:Bunch of pics from Leeds and Sisters

Some clear pics there very nice

Thanks :-) always tough at a sisters gig :-) Bunch of other band pics mixed in with the photography stuff..
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

San wrote:
Yuitsu wrote:I've just fallen back in the door after my trip up to Leeds. 4 hours each way not counting navigating across Nodnol. (I totally forgot about Heartland after the 2009 gigs, oops..)

tell me about it - the drilling started about 7am friday morning - not best pleased!
Vicar Lane, yes? clunkclunkclunkclunkclunkdrilldrilldrilldrill. I fell back in about midnight, friends across the hall appeared much later and woke me up from half sleep, every single noise...I am so pleased to be back in my own bed.
San
Road Kill

Yuitsu wrote:
San wrote:

Vicar Lane, yes? clunkclunkclunkclunkclunkdrilldrilldrilldrill. I fell back in about midnight, friends across the hall appeared much later and woke me up from half sleep, every single noise...I am so pleased to be back in my own bed.
ha ha ha - yes - thats exactly how it sounded!
jande
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:
panzerfaust wrote:anyone can supply more details bout Claire's djing? selection? mixing skillz? etc?
I had no problem with the track selection, however her mixing skills leave a lot to be desired (akin to changing gears in a car without using the clutch)
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Well back in the vaguely emerald isle. Had a great time! Met some rather groovy people. Thank you all for all your hospitality to an abridged person! :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
Silver_Owl
The Don

abridged wrote:Well back in the vaguely emerald isle. Had a great time! Met some rather groovy people. Thank you all for all your hospitality to an abridged person! :notworthy:
...and good to meet you. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
robertzombie
Overbomber

jande wrote:
robertzombie wrote:
I had no problem with the track selection, however her mixing skills leave a lot to be desired (akin to changing gears in a car without using the clutch)
Agreed :-/

It was however very nice to see the chemistry between Andrew and Claire when he joined her at the DJ booth. Man behind the mask and all that...
tguk
Road Kill

17th Feb great gig for me...

mh
Above the Chemist

abridged wrote:Well back in the vaguely emerald isle. Had a great time! Met some rather groovy people. Thank you all for all your hospitality to an abridged person! :notworthy:
Me too and all. Was groovy to meet you mate! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Purple Light wrote:I think my body is broken. :urff:
I'm just beginning to feel human again ... and I didn't even go the second night. When I woke up on Thursday morning I felt as if I had suffered a serious bodily assault.

The beautiful recording of the first night's show that surfaced so quickly eased the pain somewhat though.
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

Mr. Wah wrote:
Purple Light wrote:I think my body is broken. :urff:
I'm just beginning to feel human again ... and I didn't even go the second night. When I woke up on Thursday morning I felt as if I had suffered a serious bodily assault.

The beautiful recording of the first night's show that surfaced so quickly eased the pain somewhat though.
I'm thirding the broken. I would say its nothing a decent nights sleep won't fix, but my elbow seems to be full of fluid. :roll: I also know the decent nights sleep to be a lie, because I ache like an....achey...thing. :( Emergency tea and cuddle dispatch to the south ready for the morning, please.
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:
jande wrote:
robertzombie wrote: I have a feeling she may have been told what not to play...

It was however very nice to see the chemistry between Andrew and Claire when he joined her at the DJ booth. Man behind the mask and all that...
thanks.
pardon my ignorance, but is it the Claire?
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

panzerfaust wrote: pardon my ignorance, but is it the Claire?
It is indeed the Claire of Claire and Spiggy the Cat fame.
jande

robertzombie wrote:

Never mind the chemistry between :von: & the Claire, the feeling I got at the gigs was that it was no longer :von: and 'hired hands' but a well-oiled functioning machine of a band (an industrial groove one at that)
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
mh
Above the Chemist

jande wrote:...the feeling I got at the gigs was that it was no longer :von: and 'hired hands' but a well-oiled functioning machine of a band (an industrial groove one at that)
:notworthy: The two boys done good. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Drenchrom

A review for those who've not seen it:

http://truecultheavymetal.com/index.php ... nniversary

I was browsing and stumbled across it.

Matt..