Dublin?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

merrisl wrote:and how come I appear to be heading to Dublin TODAY ? Hmm...a bit early.... bugger
Aha, so you're warm up our seats at the bar then? :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
mickydazzler
Road Kill

_emma_ wrote:I could be up for a before-party: I'm arriving in Dublin at 5.30 AM and so I'll have some time to kill before the hotel staff let me in my room. Anyone fancy a beer watching the sunrise in the port? :lol:
Arf! Maybe on the way to work?

This is a good spot for pre/post gig: http://www.gypsyroseclub.com/.

It's a rock/metal bar about 5 minutes walk from The Olympia and there's plenty of Sisters stuff on the jukebox if you can manage to monopolise it. I don't ever remember having a bad night there.
Anaconda72
Road Kill

As im in Dublin for a few days i wondered if anyone local to the city on here can guide me to any alternative pubs/clubs.
Or guide me to the ones to stay away from

Any tips much appreciated!
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

Fibbers Rock bar was OK. Other side of river from Gypsy Rose on upper Ormond Quay. :)
Anaconda72
Road Kill

merrisl wrote:Fibbers Rock bar was OK. Other side of river from Gypsy Rose on upper Ormond Quay. :)
Cheers will look out for that one. I know of Eamonn Dorans in Temple Bar.
Someone also told me that Murrays Bar have a Goth nite on Saturdays?
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Ireland match on the same evening - should be a good buzz about town
abridged
Slight Overbomber

deirfiur wrote:Ireland match on the same evening - should be a good buzz about town
Damn I just knew something would clash! :von: had better keep us updated with the score! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
Anaconda72
Road Kill

Yeh im gutted the game is on at the same time. Come on Ireland!!!!

Also gutted i leave Dublin on the Monday and they play in Dublin on the Tuesday.

Oh well.

The Sisters gig should be worth the trip alone!
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

phew! What an awesome excuse to not put myself through play off hell! Hopefully, emerge from the fog in the olympia after another mind blowing sisters show to find dame street going mental after an epic 5-0 away win to help remove if not reduce the tension in Landsdown! Although to any Estoian HL'ers, best of luck in the game (not really!) :lol:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

bangles wrote:phew! What an awesome excuse to not put myself through play off hell! Hopefully, emerge from the fog in the olympia after another mind blowing sisters show to find dame street going mental after an epic 5-0 away win to help remove if not reduce the tension in Landsdown! Although to any Estoian HL'ers, best of luck in the game (not really!) :lol:
Ah i think we're more likely to get a set including Nine while Nine and Driven Like the Snow than an Irish 5-0 victory sadly. ;D The Armenia match was just painful...
The Chancer Corporation
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote:
bangles wrote:phew! What an awesome excuse to not put myself through play off hell! Hopefully, emerge from the fog in the olympia after another mind blowing sisters show to find dame street going mental after an epic 5-0 away win to help remove if not reduce the tension in Landsdown! Although to any Estoian HL'ers, best of luck in the game (not really!) :lol:
Ah i think we're more likely to get a set including Nine while Nine and Driven Like the Snow than an Irish 5-0 victory sadly. ;D The Armenia match was just painful...

oh absolutely! That's why i want 5 - if i'm going to moss the match, it'd be nice to watch it with a safety net after the nerve sweats from the last few! Having said that... I'd happily settle for an away goal if we it meant nine while nine & driven like the snow!!! There's a novel spin on the club v country debate!
Being645
Intellectual Love God

lachert
Overbomber

received tickets today from Arrrgh! 8)
thank you very much, good man :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

is there anyone who don't like pushing, fighting, shower from cold beer on the back etc., rather wanna enjoy peacefully the sisters from row d seat 21 and 22, got two standing tickets and wanna swap, please let me know ;D
long live rock'n'roll
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

Right...everything finally booked & should get from airport to hotel about 4pm.

Time we meeting for beer then & have we a roll call yet ?? :twisted:

Hairy
Anaconda72
Road Kill

Yeh a Roll Call would be good. Be great to meet up with everyone.
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Anseo
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

roll call is something up to anyone to start.

*tip ~ start at page one of the thread and start making a list of names of those who will be there ( the ones that have tickets & have said "see you there") that helps. and if you want to add peeps a bit later on if the edit function doesn't work anymore, you can still quote and add.

then you'll get shouts at which pub/bar is big enough for pre-drinky round.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
mh
Above the Chemist

OK, here's who we seem to have, a mixture of rumoured, confirmed, etc, each of whom may or may not be bringing various assorted rabble with them:

Dissenter
deirfiur
mh
abridged
LouLou
Zeno
bangles
lex3000
lachert
Batty
Drenchrom
Doc Moody
christophe
sziamiau
godgirl
_emma_
radiojamaica
merrisl
dtsom
DasPerltAber
mickydazzler
neardark
Planet Dave
timsinister
DrDoom
Anaconda72
sentenza
Andrew S
merrisl
Presumably Eva & Eggi
...and I heard a rumour that Claire + Dandy Highwayman might be making the trip...

All in?
Last edited by mh on 24 Oct 2011, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nope, i'm not able to make it :(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote:nope, i'm not able to make it :(
Updated & that's OK, mate. 8)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Anaconda72
Road Kill

Do we have a shortlist of pubs yet? Preferably near the venue
mh
Above the Chemist

Depends on the weather I suppose; if it's like today was... :(

I'd vote the Foggy Dew for one, it's a short distance away. The Mezz is nearer, does some cheap beer promos, has awesome wallpaper and a jukebox with some Sisters on (admittedly this was maybe two years ago). A few folks are staying at the Mercantile so that's another option. O'Neill's for some traditional "bacon 'n' cabbage" style grub if anyone's interested.

Almost certainly going to recommend Grand Social (formerly Pravda) for afters. Across the river but not too far; they've been known to play the likes of Rocket USA from time to time, did a massive Roxy night the other week. That's assuming that something isn't on in Murray's, but that's a bit too far out.

Somebody mentioned Gypsy Rose? I was last there maybe 10 years ago when it had another name (can't remember) and it was fine but a bit too small and pokey.
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Well that's narrowed it down then .....

What time are the girls on stage as want to catch some of the match
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

This gonna be and very cool programm!!
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
Anaconda72
Road Kill

mh wrote:Depends on the weather I suppose; if it's like today was... :(

I'd vote the Foggy Dew for one, it's a short distance away. The Mezz is nearer, does some cheap beer promos, has awesome wallpaper and a jukebox with some Sisters on (admittedly this was maybe two years ago). A few folks are staying at the Mercantile so that's another option. O'Neill's for some traditional "bacon 'n' cabbage" style grub if anyone's interested.

Almost certainly going to recommend Grand Social (formerly Pravda) for afters. Across the river but not too far; they've been known to play the likes of Rocket USA from time to time, did a massive Roxy night the other week. That's assuming that something isn't on in Murray's, but that's a bit too far out.

Somebody mentioned Gypsy Rose? I was last there maybe 10 years ago when it had another name (can't remember) and it was fine but a bit too small and pokey.
I know the Foggy Dew. Thats a sound pub. Think Murrays is best on a Saturday night according to website