The all new 'Who's Going Where and When' thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Tomorrow (25-6)....a good old fashioned evening with Leonard Cohen in Oberhausen.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Bartek wrote:first impression after looking at this line-up: i didn't know that i still can recall so many of heavy metal bands; second: why Down is so low on line-up (low on line-up= short of time to play)?
Graspop is often a nice mix of old and new... and Down gets less minutes yes, but there are so many good bands, some of them have to start earlier of course ;)

IZ.
... which means that you get to see the incredible Every Time I Die at lunchtime ! I note that Moonspell are playing in something called "Marquee One". Is that the Comedy Tent ?
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Bartek wrote:first impression after looking at this line-up: i didn't know that i still can recall so many of heavy metal bands; second: why Down is so low on line-up (low on line-up= short of time to play)?
Graspop is often a nice mix of old and new... and Down gets less minutes yes, but there are so many good bands, some of them have to start earlier of course ;)

IZ.
... which means that you get to see the incredible Every Time I Die at lunchtime ! I note that Moonspell are playing in something called "Marquee One". Is that the Comedy Tent ?
Lol, nah, the Marquee 1 and 2 are the two other stages, inna tent :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Graspop always is good fun! I'll see you there somewhere sometime, Iz

Down has been rescheduled to the 20.15 timeslot on the 2nd Marquee stage btw. Probably the organisation got wind of Bartek's disappointment about the early slot and made the necessary changes. Thank you for this to our Polish compadre ;D

Karma To Burn you say? Nice!

Iz, you holding the knowledge about all things metallic & duster, which bands do you really recommend to put on my try-to-see list?
First thing on my list is Prong (would like to see Unleashed also, but I won't be there in time) 8)
in dub we trust
Izzy HaveMercy

radiojamaica wrote:Graspop always is good fun! I'll see you there somewhere sometime, Iz

Down has been rescheduled to the 20.15 timeslot on the 2nd Marquee stage btw. Probably the organisation got wind of Bartek's disappointment about the early slot and made the necessary changes. Thank you for this to our Polish compadre ;D

Karma To Burn you say? Nice!

Iz, you holding the knowledge about all things metallic & duster, which bands do you really recommend to put on my try-to-see list?
First thing on my list is Prong (would like to see Unleashed also, but I won't be there in time) 8)
Prong is very good, I've been following them since the early nineties, but I still find it unfair to put them alongside Dark Funeral is just plain f**ked up! :lol: I will se DF instead of Prong, That's nostalgia even more :)

Other bands on the list for me are:

ABSU
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME
DARK FUNERAL
DOWN
ENTOMBED
GHOST
GOD SEED
IN THIS MOMENT
KATATONIA
KING DIAMOND
KORN (overlap w/Katatonia)
KREATOR
LOCK UP
MAYHEM
MOONSPELL
OVERKILL
PARKWAY DRIVE

Unleashed was super in the early nineties, they were one of the first death metalbands around (era Death Is Just The Beginning) and still going strong I hope. Don't know about the the last coppola years, but will check them out for old time's sake anyway.

One and only MUST SEE for me is Between the Buried and Me, never heard of them, found a Youtube vid, went out and bought nearly all their cd's and now eagerly awaiting their gig at Graspop! :D

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

If you want blackish metal, don't miss ABSU, they are the gods of black thrash IMO. The Celtic imagery/lyrics stuff is a nice bonus :)
For other black, of course you can't miss MAYHEM, tho the line-up changed more than once a day for the last 25 years.
Old and fun thrash-related stuff, try TANKARD, tho I don't know if they still can play, or for that matter, if they ever could, but they are great fun live, just take a beer along of course! :) in the same oldskool vein don't miss HELLOWEEN and of course TWISTED SISTER.

IZ.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Thanx Iz! :notworthy:

It seems we might bump into each other a few times as several bands in your list are also on mine:
Unleashed (Probably too early)
Prong
Mayhem (how can you not go see that bunch of nozems?!)
Twisted Sisters ;D
Aura Noir
Lock Up
Down
Absu
Red Fang
Karma To Burn
Iron Mädchen Heidi
Testament

these can be on the list if I'm not stuck left or right talking nonsense and getting slightly drunk:
Entombed
Rotting Christ
Katatonia
Moonspell
The Sword

I'm gonna add that BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME thing to my list as well, but they're on quite early I see...

Then there are my work related bands (ie Nuclear Blast) I'm gonna try to catch a couple of songs each (Soulfly, Kreator, Tankard, Hypocrisy, Sylosis, Epica)

Ghost I probably have to go see, because my friend Kevin wants me to join him there to drink something. I've seen them once before at the GMM and thought they were rubbish. Drinks are required in this case :lol:

Oh, and I think In This Moment has cancelled too. I don't see them on the schedule no more... But we all know why everybody wants to go see them, don't we? :innocent:

All nice, this making of plans but I probably end up having a good time on the side and see only a couple of bands a day in the end. It's always like that at GMM for me...
in dub we trust
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nowhere...
Was gonna go to the london show of peter murphy, (had the tickets and all!) but then I had an operation on the same day :(
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Andie
Overbomber

Was thinking about going to see Hooky and The Light playing Movement and Power Corruption & Lies...

Then I remembered this was the era when I last saw New Order play...and I'd rather keep those memories untainted...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Andie wrote:Was thinking about going to see Hooky and The Light playing Movement and Power Corruption & Lies...

Then I remembered this was the era when I last saw New Order play...and I'd rather keep those memories untainted...
I think a wise decision.
Is Hooky really going after all the New Order albums too now... C'mon :roll:
in dub we trust
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Amphi Festival 2013 ... hardly a chance for a holiday this year, so at least take a walk down to the river ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Amphi Festival 2013 ... hardly a chance for a holiday this year, so at least take a walk down to the river ...
Fine festival! Would love to see The Nephilim again, but I think it won't be doable this year.
in dub we trust
Silver_Owl
The Don

Primal Scream tomorrow - warm up gig before the big one at Glasto. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Amphi Festival 2013 ... hardly a chance for a holiday this year, so at least take a walk down to the river ...
Anne Clark, Alien Sex Fiend, Philip Boa, the Nephs . . . looks like an interesting weekend. Enjoy ! Wonder if Lisa Cuthbert will do an a capella Preacherman . . .
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Anne Clark, Alien Sex Fiend, Philip Boa, the Nephs . . . looks like an interesting weekend. Enjoy ! Wonder if Lisa Cuthbert will do an a capella Preacherman . . .
Thanks, I'll surely enjoy ... there are some interesting bands playing there
Not Lisa Cuthbert, though. I wonder what has become of her new release ...
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Heading for the World Body Painting Festival today!! :D
Work & pleasure in the best event EVER, what could be better? 8)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

just bought two standing tickets for ...wait for it ....

*****BLACK SABBATH****** :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

so chuffed. last night of the tour in birmingham. it will be the first time i've seen them -and with Oz. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i found their single 'god is dead?' how to put it... boring, but still chance seeing Geezer and Tony live would be nice. (they going to playn in Praha and is closest possible location, but i don't think that i will do that).
anyhow ENJOY! 8)
czuczu
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:just bought two standing tickets for ...wait for it ....

so chuffed. last night of the tour in birmingham. it will be the first time i've seen them -and with Oz. 8)
Nice! I'm going to Maiden for the first time in August :D
Silver_Owl
The Don

The Bunnymen - tonight. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

czuczu wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:just bought two standing tickets for ...wait for it ....

Nice! I'm going to Maiden for the first time in August :D

I've seen Maiden for the 1st time last Sunday and that was a lot of fun :D
Steve Harris is the man :notworthy:
Sabbath I was gonna see last year (or the year before?), but then came the Tony thing and it became an Ozzy & friends show and just didn't had the same ring to it...

Tomorrow it'll be Graveyard and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds for me at Werchter. Yeah baby!
in dub we trust
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Bartek wrote:i but still chance seeing Geezer and Tony live would be nice.
and sadly it could possibly going to be the last chance to see them. i mean, i've not heard an update on Tony's cancer for some time which could mean the worst..though lets hope no news is good news.
either way round i doubt Ozzie will do the whole album and tour thing again with them.
such a shame as well that Bill Ward is absent. as a drummer of 30-odd years myself it would be fair to say that he has been one of the biggest influences on my whole life...and one of the few drummers i'd concede to ability wise. the only one of my heroes i'll never get to see play probably, :?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I have just been to the Bowie Exhibition at the V&A
Enjoyed it immensely
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Bartek wrote:i but still chance seeing Geezer and Tony live would be nice.
and sadly it could possibly going to be the last chance to see them. i mean, i've not heard an update on Tony's cancer for some time which could mean the worst..though lets hope no news is good news.
either way round i doubt Ozzie will do the whole album and tour thing again with them.
such a shame as well that Bill Ward is absent. as a drummer of 30-odd years myself it would be fair to say that he has been one of the biggest influences on my whole life...and one of the few drummers i'd concede to ability wise. the only one of my heroes i'll never get to see play probably, :?
i still remember when first time i was listening Black Sabbath's 'black sabbath' (few years later i found that was this album), what i was doing and how much impressed i was. so sentiment is huge. and that's why i afraid to ruined that image.

on topic:
Saturday: Diamanda Galas and on Sunday "City Light" screened on market square. to be more precise here: