But Genevieve

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Swinnow
Overbomber

I still maintain 'But Genevieve' is a chorus looking for a few verses rather than.a finished song. 'Show Me' would be a better song to release but might have airplay issues if such things are still considerations.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 10:52 I still maintain 'But Genevieve' is a chorus looking for a few verses rather than.a finished song. 'Show Me' would be a better song to release but might have airplay issues if such things are still considerations.
That's a good call...maybe he had a full song and scrapped most of it for effect. It has that feel.

I don't even know what "airplay" is even more?
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
DReifZ
Road Kill

Might be an unpopular opinion, but at this point I don't even know if i want anything new from the sisters. There is some kind of glamour about Von being that ghostly figure who appairs on the smoke filled stage once in a while, mumbles throgh some old songs while completely ignoring the audience and then disappears into the void after the last chords of Temple of Love. Doing something new after 30 years kind of kills that vibe a little bit.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Middle age, and, I assume, an improved diet has made Von slightly less ghostly than of old.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....