I just saw a famous person

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

oh no, i was very happy in there.. i never slapped anyone.. and my boyfriend is now mr strange, so he was there too. i would have been working at the rosetta stone gig, most likely, 86-89 time

most of the men were in the girls' loos anyway, so it was always tricky to tell, with one lightbulb. oh, for temple lane again.
Last edited by emilystrange on 06 Aug 2006, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Jarvis Cocker held the door open for me at WH Smiths last Tuesday.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
Mokarran
Road Kill

I work in Richmond - no end of celebs. You practically have to bat Jagger offspring out of the way on the High Street (and believeme, it's tempting); Richard Ashcroft walks down the road just like in the 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' vid; Pete Townsend appears outside the post office at least once a week (collecting pension?); Richard E Grant reads the mags at WH Smith for free and never buys anything; there was a rash of Kate Winslet sightings a while back – she's prettier in the flesh; best of all - the godlike David Attenborough is sometimes seen walking up the hill to his gaff. You get a lot of old roadies who bought homes here in the sixties when it was quite cheap - I suppose the Stones were like royalty up on the hill, while the entourage settled down closer to the river. You see lots of wizened old guys in leather jackets speaking in that funny Sixties transatlantic burr outside Waitrose...quite a place. No Nick Cave here, though - bah!

Mokarran
mugabe

pikkrong wrote:A couple of days ago I met Arvo Pärt.
You win. Nothing can beat this. :notworthy:
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
wild bill buttock

I got called "Fartypants" by Paul Wright(Ex Fields of the nephilim and now plank spanker for The last rites) on the New FOTN forum the other day.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
mh
Above the Chemist

wild bill buttock wrote:I got called "Fartypants" by Paul Wright(Ex Fields of the nephilim and now plank spanker for The last rites) on the New FOTN forum the other day.
Looks like mugabe spoke too soon! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

have I said this before...?

I once sent Ian Astbury flying (in his early Cult incarnation, just after they'd found their big brother's Aerosmith and Free albums) as I brainged into him, quite ugly one morning, on my way to an ATM and thence - The Pub.
London c.nineteen eighty bleaurgh, it all fades...

Edwyn Collins - Hogmanay, Edinburgh 1981 into 2
Again I banged into him, this time it was dark and after the Bells.
Shook his hand and told him I was the man that designed the poster for that Orange Juice (for he was still iwith them, dear reader) Dundee Uni gig.
He warmly shook mine and said he really liked it. Then we got caught up in the melee of folk, he was going down The Walk, me and this tidy wee brunette were going up.
That was a very good night, mainly thanks to the tidy wee brunette. :D

I'll just say 'sideyways', don my jacket, and leave. ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I met Richard Branson, Frank Brunu, Edwyn Collins, Gene (smiths~lite) in Hong Kong. I had a drink with the comedian that uses a big f**k off double bass as a prop, he was barmy.

I had Olivia Newton Bomb, Bryan Brown and his missus Rachel in me pub in Sydney. Brown, wife sprogs et al ate all the pies (Steak + Kidney).

Also numerous peeps from Hame and Awa' and Naebaws (everybody needs good naebaws), but they don't count 'cause half of Australia has been on them....

I haven't had the pleasure in the UK apart from fleeting s**t with Gary Marx and bringing Clint Poppie over to meet my mates after a gig. Years ago, I have no life now.. ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
mh
Above the Chemist

weebleswobble wrote:I had Olivia Newton Bomb, Bryan Brown and his missus Rachel in me pub in Sydney.
One at a time or all together? :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Hmmz... I always wondered...

I did see some 'famous' people around, but after a while you don't see them as famous people anymore.

Some youngsters are still awestruck when I tell them I gigged with Cradle of Filth back in 1993, and with In the Woods and Dimmu Borgir in 1996.

These bands are all hip and trendy now, but were just upcoming metalbands back then. Upcoming, that is, in the Black Metal scene, for no-one else out of the scene bothered with the guys much. They were weirdo's and their music sucked (for most people here, it still does).

I drank a few beers with the guys from Front 242 recently, and saw Richard 23 starting a row in the backstage so as to be pumped up for action to hit the stage proper. I talk to Daniel B. from time to time.

I played a couple of rehearsals with Ray Majors of Mott The Hoople and The Animals fame, and heard some nice comments about FGG from his new partner Sandy Dillon.

I talked with Anne Clark at the Eurorock fest, and had a big laugh with Dirk Da Davo from The Neon Judgement at the BIMF fest.

Of course, it helps when you are a musician, I have to admit.

And I am very glad I met these people, not because they are such idols, but because in the end they are just simple, normal (and sometimes very drunk and stoned) musicians just like me.

It is nice to tell people you've met these stars, and they always look at me with the 'yer kiddin' right?'-look, but it is mostly coincidence and knowing the right people.

And anyway, they might be stars, but they have to eat and s**t like you and me. Only their toilet seat is made from real ivory instead of cheap plastic ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
canon docre
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Only their toilet seat is made from real ivory instead of cheap plastic ;)

IZ.
surely not. :lol:

I wouldnt consider any of the mentioned above remotely ressembling a star. They are not even famous.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
ruffers
Overbomber

Michael Portillo the other day, carrying a bin-liner full of clothes. He looked like he was going to a jumble sale, but then I saw him again a few minutes later with a load of dry cleaning so presumably that's what it was.

Fascinating stuff I'm sure.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I did meet Nick Cash when 999 were playing here.. he was selling the merch, so I asked what I could get for a fiver. He said "Nothing really, but you can have a t-shirt for a fiver if you keep quiet about it".

Nice guy. Shook his hand and all. Arf. ;D
Izzy HaveMercy

canon docre wrote:I wouldnt consider any of the mentioned above remotely ressembling a star. They are not even famous.
Me neither. But try telling that to all people who want to touch me and go 'ooooh' afterwards... :roll:

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Me neither. But try telling that to all people who want to touch me and go 'ooooh' afterwards... :roll:
Me, me, me! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dark wrote:He said "Nothing really, but you can have a t-shirt for a fiver if you keep quiet about it".
My emphasis :innocent: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Just to the people there, whatever. :lol:

Shame I only caught about 5 songs before having to go.. but he didn't even care when a load of punks jumped on stage during Feeling Alright With The Crew (I think), chanting "Oi! Oi!" and pogoing. He just ushered them off at the end and praised the atmosphere there. ;D
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

wild bill buttock wrote:I got called "Fartypants" by Paul Wright(Ex Fields of the nephilim and now plank spanker for The last rites) on the New FOTN forum the other day.
hmmm, no I don't think that counts as you didn't see him did you?
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Me neither. But try telling that to all people who want to touch me and go 'ooooh' afterwards... :roll:
*can't get that quote within quote thingy going :x *
James Blast wrote:Me, me, me! ;D
ooo, um yes and I'll second that me, me, me!! :P
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Izzy HaveMercy

MadameButterfly wrote:
hmmm, no I don't think that counts as you didn't see him did you?
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
*can't get that quote within quote thingy going :x *
James Blast wrote:Me, me, me! ;D
ooo, um yes and I'll second that me, me, me!! :P
*sigh* groupies :roll:

Cue up, please ;D Groupies with pre-rolled J's and smack go in foyst!

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Groupies with pre-rolled J's and smack go in foyst!
I've got a nice smooth and fruity red one, how's that?
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Groupies with pre-rolled J's and smack go in foyst!
I've got a nice smooth and fruity red one, how's that?

ENTER! ;D

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

mine's Australian tho' which is much further south ;D
~ Peter Steele
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Whilst parking by our local chippy today, there was a BMW 4x4 taking up 3 spaces, 'What a twit' I thought as I parked next to it, I was right as well, as the wife went in the chippy, a bloke moved to let her in as he came out, he then gave me a glare for parking abit near his stupidly parked BMW, got in it and drove off. The bloke?
Pete Waterman.
The man responsible for Kylie, Jason, (P)Rick (G)Astley and many more!
A man I've wanted to slap for years, so if you see a black BMW 4x4 with the number plate 'PWL 1' do me a favour and follow it, when he gets out, slap him for me.
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

We spotted David Jason in Leeds a few weeks ago getting into a posh car.

I must say, he is quite small!! :eek: :lol:
Only a paand.
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:We spotted David Jason in Leeds a few weeks ago getting into a posh car.

I must say, he is quite small!! :eek: :lol:
Smaller than Von.... :?: :von:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.