Sisters in 2006

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Road Kill

eotunun wrote:Someone has to remind America how to make Rock`n Roll , after all the RapCrap of the last ten years.
Didn't the sisters tour with public enemy?
If this is heaven I'm bailin' out.
aims
Overbomber

Nope. The tour was called off for some mysterious reason. Officially I think it was concerns about clashes between fans of different races. Unofficially, ticket sales were just crap.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Only" half of the tour was cancelled.
PE supported them on all "tune in turn on load out" dates except Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
Andie
Overbomber

The Sisters of Mercy have added an extra date to their upcoming U.K. tour. The group will now kick off its venture at York's Vanbrugh College on Feb. 16. Tickets went on sale on Thursday (2/8).
found this on live news UK concert outlook

tix?...Where?
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
aims
Overbomber

That article is dated 2001, Burn.

Sorry :(
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Burn wrote:
The Sisters of Mercy have added an extra date to their upcoming U.K. tour. The group will now kick off its venture at York's Vanbrugh College on Feb. 16. Tickets went on sale on Thursday (2/8).

tix?...Where?
so they have (clicky) - and the dates following this are Leeds (17/02), Nottingham (18/02), Birmingham (20/02) and London (22/02 and 23/02), if you search hard enough. I believe the tickets have all sold out though.

probably because the article refers to the 2001 tour, eh!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

the-happening wrote:I have both hands and feet waving in the air for a surprising addition to the line up, lots of new songs and recordings.

2006 looks good.
didn't someone mention marx's name elsewhere? that would certainly be a surprising addition and would undoubtedly mean lots of new songs etc.
unlikely as this might be i'm going to make it my answer to biggy's original question as if i'm going tp have a wild stab in the dark it may as well be something fantastic.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
aims
Overbomber

I wouldn't trust Live regarding tour dates anyway. They can't even get Mike Pearson and Adam Varjak's names right :roll:

What next, "The legendary Chris Whammy, the man who east Catalysts!"? :lol:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

don't know if it's already been posted here, but someone just mentioned on Dominion that tickets are now available for 16th Feb 2006 for what the House of Blues bills as the "Death Metal" band The Sisters of Mercy:

clicky
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

"we hope you like our new direction"
canon docre
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:Image
"we hope you like our new direction"
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:

can't miss that.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Andie
Overbomber

Motz wrote:That article is dated 2001, Burn.

Sorry :(
:oops: :oops: :oops:

*hides face in shame vowing never to search for anything again on t'net*
aims
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:Tickets are now available for 16th Feb 2006 for what the House of Blues bills as the "Death Metal" band The Sisters of Mercy
I'm banking on York now then. I'm sure Von said there was something in their contract about being entitled to pull out on grounds of being billed as some obscure darkling genre :von:
Andie
Overbomber

Motz wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:Tickets are now available for 16th Feb 2006 for what the House of Blues bills as the "Death Metal" band The Sisters of Mercy
I'm banking on York now then. I'm sure Von said there was something in their contract about being entitled to pull out on grounds of being billed as some obscure darkling genre :von:
just clicked on Laz's linky and the page said that HOB were updating the page...

pulled?...or corrected? :innocent:
aims
Overbomber

It has just occurred to me.

Von was the one that billed them as Death Metal. Obviously :von:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

lazarus corporation wrote:
Burn wrote:

tix?...Where?
so they have (clicky) - and the dates following this are Leeds (17/02), Nottingham (18/02), Birmingham (20/02) and London (22/02 and 23/02), if you search hard enough. I believe the tickets have all sold out though.

probably because the article refers to the 2001 tour, eh!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
robertzombie
Overbomber

If they've put up the link to actually buy the tickets then surely it's for real.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Crap :(

Who else is buying all lotery tickets he can get? :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Excellent - I haven't got to worry about not being able to get the time off now :wink:
Petseri
Overbomber

Do I now have two weeks more vacation than I did a day ago? James and co., I will keep you posted.
James Blast
Banned

:notworthy: well just a bit :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've noticed the official TSOM site is down right now. More updates on the way??

I am on the phone to the HOB right now. Will let you know the details when I get'em.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Methedrome wrote:I've noticed the official TSOM site is down right now. More updates on the way??

I am on the phone to the HOB right now. Will let you know the details when I get'em.
It seems to work here, just a bit slow, live news doesn't work though...

More details please ;D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Methedrome wrote:I've noticed the official TSOM site is down right now. More updates on the way??
more likely to be a temporary server problem (a site shouldn't go down for a simple update)