The Cult

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:
scotty wrote:So, who's all going to the Brixton gig then?,

me & Ma'grit

Burn

......... any more for any more?
:lol:
That'll be it then :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Burn wrote:
scotty wrote:So, who's all going to the Brixton gig then?,

me & Ma'grit

Burn

......... any more for any more?
:lol:
on the bright side...at least i'll not be needing a mortgage when it comes to a round in the boozer :wink: :innocent: :notworthy: :lol:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I caught them in Southampton last night. Was way too short, they could've added 4 or 5 more songs.

Having said, they f'in rocked. Riffs to die for in ecstasy....
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Caught them in Manchester tonight. VERY disappointing.

Crap sound (some bass would've been helpful), crap crowd and Astbury saying even more stupid things than ever (eg, with no irony whatsoever: 'This is show business'....Desperately pleading 'Please, please clap, c'mon, PLEASE!')

Great Tap moment when he spent half a minute trying to get his mic stand to undo before giving up and kicking it over. He was also wearing a purple tracksuit top/hoodie thing and jogging on the spot like feckin mad lizzie.

I could go on.

This is balanced against a sparkling 'Spiritwalker' and 'Sanctuary' and the odd moment when it all came together fairly tightly, but overall I was left wondering what the hell it was all about.

Hope you lot have a better time in Leeds and London.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

That's not good. The Leeds Contingent will plough on regardless, albiet with the full backing of alcohol....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
hellboy69

Burn wrote:
scotty wrote:
Burn wrote: :lol:
on the bright side...at least i'll not be needing a mortgage when it comes to a round in the boozer :wink: :innocent: :notworthy: :lol:
Ah, i'd better take out that mortgage...

Hellboy + 5 are going :twisted:
scotty
Overbomber

hellboy69 wrote:
Burn wrote:
scotty wrote: That'll be it then :lol:
:D Beer?

I'll be the Handsome one in the HEARTLAND or GHOST DANCE T -Shirt with the Pot Bellied Wife :innocent: :twisted:
Last edited by scotty on 21 Sep 2006, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
DrDoom
Road Kill

Is there a support band for the UK dates - if are they worth seeing ?

dd
Spiggy's hat

DrDoom wrote:Is there a support band for the UK dates - if are they worth seeing ?

dd
Yes, it would be nice to know that there is one band on the bill worth seeing. :innocent:
Give me one good reason
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Spiggy's hat wrote:
DrDoom wrote:Is there a support band for the UK dates - if are they worth seeing ?

dd
Yes, it would be nice to know that there is one band on the bill worth seeing. :innocent:
Behave!

Edit:
sarah_orange wrote:I Forgot to mention - and this bit's important - that it's only a quid in on saturday night to anyone who shows their ticket stub from the cult concert at LUU - wouldn't want you having to pay £4 just cos you'd been busy shaking your thang now would we?!
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

The tix say Special Guests, but we missed 'em if they were there.

@Gripper - it's not the first gig i've been to where the bass has been non existent. Killing Joke haven't been much better. s**t sound in this day and age? Wrrrrrrrong.....
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
hellboy69

have checked on the www.thecult.us boards as well ~ no indication of a support band at all...

shame to hear about the manch show :(

maybe we're all getting too old and sophisticated & the sound was always s**t, we just didn't notice before cos of raging hormones :p

still, i just cannae face another astoria-style debacle! so will be deploying the BEERMUFFS :twisted:

mmmmm, beermuffs.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

You can never have enough bass come to think of it......
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Subculture sounds like a goer alright, deffo for a quid in!

I hope Astbury is a nob in Leeds, it'll increase the pleasure derived from heckles / missiles no end. :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave wrote:Subculture sounds like a goer alright, deffo for a quid in!

I hope Astbury is a nob in Leeds, it'll increase the pleasure derived from heckles / missiles no end. :lol:
He has tended to wax lyrical* on this tour

*talk pure pish
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
hellboy69 wrote:
Burn wrote: on the bright side...at least i'll not be needing a mortgage when it comes to a round in the boozer :wink: :innocent: :notworthy: :lol:
:D Beer?

I'll be the Handsome one in the HEARTLAND or GHOST DANCE T -Shirt with the Pot Bellied Wife :innocent: :twisted:
F.F.S. 8)

@Hellboy...see ya in ra GOOSE yeah?
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Young Tim has been in touch, asking if he should buy a ticket. I said go for it, if he changes his mind he can always meet up for a bit of Subculture later.... (that's after we have a drink in the Dry Dock);D
hellboy69

@Burn ~ Goosey goosey ganders it shall be!
Gripper

dd
If there was in Manchester, they were off and cleared up by the time I got there at 7.55, which as doors were 7.00 and The Cult were due on at 9.00 says 'probably not'. :(
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
czuczu
Overbomber

I'll be loafing round Brixton tomorrow night - probably be in the bar on the corner at some time beforehand :)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

weebleswobble wrote:

Young Tim has been in touch, asking if he should buy a ticket. I said go for it, if he changes his mind he can always meet up for a bit of Subculture later.... (that's after we have a drink in the Dry Dock);D
Aww bless, are you his Dad, Stephen? :wink: :lol: I don't suppose you had any luck with your 'alternative markets' research the other week did you? :innocent: And what's all this 'a drink'? Yeah right, more like 'many drinks'. But you know that. :P
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

weebleswobble wrote:Image
Cool, after that lot I'd imagine the band will sound pretty good. :P
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Cross pollination from the Timmy Thread:
boudicca wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:We are set to land at 18:00 hours
Not me, I'm actually coming down in the afternoon and my train is only arriving about 18:30... only one I could get that didn't cost £silly.

You'll just have to all sit and twiddle your thumbs till I arrive and the nonstop rock'n'roll really starts :P :lol: :oops:

Who are we expecting then?

Me,
Tim,
d00m,
weebles,
Dave...

Tim said the Quiff-meister might be putting in an appearance?
You can add Norman Hunter and Rise&Reverberate see The Cult Thread, it's highy entertaining ;D
allfear

funny who you

meet at cult gigs!

Matt