all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

9while9 wrote: Besides, I need a new copy of VT, the old one met wif a tragic accident. ;D
During the recording / songwriting process?!! :notworthy:
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
James Blast
Banned

the typeface is wrong
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Muppet wrote:
9while9 wrote: Besides, I need a new copy of VT, the old one met wif a tragic accident. ;D
ha ha ha, yes indeed!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:the typeface is wrong
Oh yes it is :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

Muppet wrote:
FUD! ....wrong answer..... :P :lol:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I'm holding out for a DVD - Shot Rev 3.0, which includes the FALAA promo clips and the Whistle Test performance.
There are moments when I think AE might decide this is a good opportunity to put out a single....Nah! :lol:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
bismarck

Shot Rev 3.0 exists as far as I know... All videos, including FALAA vids. and a live version of Alice. Anyone else seen it?
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Nic
Slight Overbomber

bismarck wrote:Shot Rev 3.0 exists as far as I know... All videos, including FALAA vids. and a live version of Alice. Anyone else seen it?
Clicky
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
James Blast
Banned

bismarck wrote:Shot Rev 3.0 exists as far as I know... All videos, including FALAA vids. and a live version of Alice. Anyone else seen it?
Only in this world. :wink:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
bismarck

James Blast wrote:
Only in this world. :wink:
huh?
aims
Overbomber

It's booted but not official.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

I'm sure Shot will be transferred to DVD at some point (probably without any extras btw.) - although I must say the recent issue of record collector did not mention the re-releases yet. Well, at least not that I could see.
Drenchrom

Can't be arsed to check back through the 10 pages in this thread, but HMV online now have the 3 albums available for pre-order £6.99. And it seems that they have gone back to the original mix for 1st And Last, according to the blurb on the site.

matt..

From HMV:

"1985's 'First and Last and Always' remains unequaled in the genre, permanently granted top place on a pedestal from which it cannot be toppled. From the opening claustrophobia of 'Black Planet' to the melancholy 'No Time to Cry,' Eldritch continually assured listeners that 'everything's gonna be alright'. Continuing with the bass-driven guitar gem 'Possession' and the closing 'Some Kind of Stranger,' an untouchable epic that, clocking in at over seven minutes, is the best of its kind. 'Some Kind of Stranger' not only became a 'love song' for the dressed in black crowd. Copied to death, its brilliance has never been replicated.

The unknown story of this album is that ever since it has been availble on CD, and inferior 'copy' master was utilised. Remastered from the multitracks for the first time, it now sounds better than ever before and is augmented by six tracks, all non-album 'B' sides plus 'Some Kind Of Stranger (Early)' a previously unissued track from the album sessions, all housed in a foldout digipack sleeve with new linernotes."
robertzombie
Overbomber

fantastic :D
James Blast
Banned

just ordered FALAA and FLand from His Masters Vibes :D
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:just ordered FALAA and FLand from His Masters Vibes :D
As was I until the good wife mentioned I'll be one year older soon. But can I wait?
:urff:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Just note that HMV ships from Jersey - which takes a while!
James Blast
Banned

Karst wrote:Just note that HMV ships from Jersey - which takes a while!
I'm Scottish, I'll dae anythin' tae save a few quid
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

weebleswobble wrote:
James Blast wrote:just ordered FALAA and FLand from His Masters Vibes :D
As was I until the good wife mentioned I'll be one year older soon. But can I wait?
:urff:
Well can you? :lol: I couldn't.
But then again I'd have to wait a couple of weeks more... :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
bismarck

Does anyone on here have a clue as to what the SKOS (early version) actually IS? A demo or something? I've read somewhere that ALL the FALAA songs were demoed (some have surfaced, of course), and some of the demos are markedly different from the final versions. ANy idea if this could be an early take with different music or lyrics or something?
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
robertzombie
Overbomber

HMV wrote:'Some Kind Of Stranger (Early)' a previously unissued track from the album sessions
It's probably from the same source as the "WEA Mixes" bootleg.
James Blast
Banned

robertzombie wrote:
HMV wrote:'Some Kind Of Stranger (Early)' a previously unissued track from the album sessions
oh shite :urff:
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

robertzombie wrote:
Shame it wasn't on that boot, though. Though it may have come from one of the same sessions.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

bismarck wrote:Does anyone on here have a clue as to what the SKOS (early version) actually IS? A demo or something? I've read somewhere that ALL the FALAA songs were demoed (some have surfaced, of course), and some of the demos are markedly different from the final versions. ANy idea if this could be an early take with different music or lyrics or something?
I guess it's what we are all waiting for (plus Never land...full version).
"as we walk on the floodland"