March Violets gig

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I've just received both of them from the ever-ace Keef, will take a listen ASAP. (Don't worry, I will buy real copies eventually, if they're as good as everyone makes out ;))

Also, I've not forgotten that tape, bananacamel, I just can't find my cassette player. When I get it transferred, you'll be first to know. :lol: ;)
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:I've just received both of them from the ever-ace Keef, will take a listen ASAP. (Don't worry, I will buy real copies eventually, if they're as good as everyone makes out ;))

Also, I've not forgotten that tape, bananacamel, I just can't find my cassette player. When I get it transferred, you'll be first to know. :lol: ;)
No probs, thanks :D
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bananacamel wrote:
Well now that I am a proud owner of both "Complete Collection 1985 - 1989" and "Sass" I can honestly say that Salvation are a great band, lost it a bit in over production on Sass but their initial output is top notch. Can't wait t see them :notworthy: :D
"Sass" is what happens when a major label are in charge.
very produced but a great pop album. As dan once said "there's a space between the Mishun and Voice of the beehive, and we can fill it". :lol:

Has anyone got plans to tape the evening's entertainment?
Specifically Salvation and March Violets.

I'm trying to decide whether to Take photos, tape it or simply enjoy it.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
mh
Above the Chemist

I'll just be enjoying it. Don't think I'll even bother with a camera.

Besides, there's supposed to be a DVD, and we're morally bound to get as many of us as possible onto that. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I would take my tape recorder, but I'd need a fuckton of batteries, for what would doubtless be a s**t recording. Nevertheless, if someone could tape 25men too, I'd appreciate it very much.
christophe
Overbomber

mh wrote:Besides, there's supposed to be a DVD, and we're morally bound to get as many of us as possible onto that. :D
lol, pleas do :D

reminds me of last week, I did not know it was a camera infront of me during the Novembers Doom gig :oops: :oops:
Another Shade of You.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Paypal's taken my money but I haven't got my e-ticket yet. :cry:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Paypal's taken my money but I haven't got my e-ticket yet. :cry:
It took about a week for mine to come through
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

very very possibly going to come up for this -big thank you to Mr_Corleone for agreeing to pick me up on route :notworthy: - buti'm not going to be able to buy a ticket before the door. does anybody know how the salews are going or if there will be tickets held back for the door? and how much are they? (sorry- no time at present to trawl through the whole thread.)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

no idea about how many have been sold-going thru various outlets including the Met-I'm sure they could be picked up on the nite....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:very very possibly going to come up for this -big thank you to Mr_Corleone for agreeing to pick me up on route :notworthy: - buti'm not going to be able to buy a ticket before the door. does anybody know how the salews are going or if there will be tickets held back for the door? and how much are they? (sorry- no time at present to trawl through the whole thread.)
Will see if I can find out for you :D
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

:?:
Last edited by Brideoffrankenstein on 25 Nov 2007, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

Get thee behind me Satan! :| :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:very very possibly going to come up for this -big thank you to Mr_Corleone for agreeing to pick me up on route :notworthy: - buti'm not going to be able to buy a ticket before the door. does anybody know how the salews are going or if there will be tickets held back for the door? and how much are they? (sorry- no time at present to trawl through the whole thread.)
Check your PM's.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
markfiend wrote:Paypal's taken my money but I haven't got my e-ticket yet. :cry:
It took about a week for mine to come through
I emailed the address I got on my paypal receipt, got a very friendly and reassuring reply 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
bananacamel

biggy wrote:Has anyone got plans to tape the evening's entertainment?
Specifically Salvation and March Violets.

I'm trying to decide whether to Take photos, tape it or simply enjoy it.
Been looking into buying a Zoom H2 just for that purpose, especially with the 4 m*****n gigs coming up and they're extensive support slots. But like the rest of you, would really like to just enjoy the evening. :D :notworthy:

:idea: Hmmm, maybe girlfriend (who is just along for the ride) will hold da machine, I must ask :wink:
bananacamel

Couldn't help myself, got me a zoom H2 and a 4gb SD card on order (hopefully it'll arive before the 8th), so will endeavour to smuggle it in and get a recording of the gig in question :D

Luckily I look nothing like my avatar, so a covert m!ss!on should still be on, despite broadcasting my intentions. 8)

As it will be the first time I've tried to record a gig since the 1991 reading festival, don't hold your breath that it'll be any good. :roll: :innocent:
But I'll try ;) :D

Now all I have to do is convince my girlfriend to hold it while I jump about :D
Silver_Owl
The Don

bananacamel wrote:Couldn't help myself, got me a zoom H2 and a 4gb SD card on order (hopefully it'll arive before the 8th), so will endeavour to smuggle it in and get a recording of the gig in question :D

Luckily I look nothing like my avatar, so a covert m!ss!on should still be on, despite broadcasting my intentions. 8)
:D
I do hope you are dedicated enough to the cause to carry out a Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction style operation..... :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Hom_Corleone wrote:
bananacamel wrote:Couldn't help myself, got me a zoom H2 and a 4gb SD card on order (hopefully it'll arive before the 8th), so will endeavour to smuggle it in and get a recording of the gig in question :D

I do hope you are dedicated enough to the cause to carry out a Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction style operation..... :innocent:
Image :eek: :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
bananacamel

I've looked into it, and the size of the device will make walking with the Christopher Walken hidy hole a little difficult, unless I'm willing to put up with severe discomfort :eek:

I think my birds handbag will probably surfice. 8)

Anyone know what the security at the Met is likely to be like?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Salvation will be on stage approx 8.15pm - 8.45pm

http://www.salvationhq.co.uk/news/

8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
deadagain
Banned

did anyone record the Mark Riley Violets session tracks which he played on Monday? they were Radiant Boys, Steam and 1 2 I Love You.

Maybe some one could share them.... :innocent: :notworthy:
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

If someone, who's actually going to the gig, could pick up a copy of that new March Violets cd for me... well that would make me a very happy bunny :D
I'm sure we could work out a deal of some kind :wink:

cheers & many thanx in advance!
in dub we trust
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

deadagain wrote:did anyone record the Mark Riley Violets session tracks which he played on Monday? they were Radiant Boys, Steam and 1 2 I Love You.

Maybe some one could share them.... :innocent: :notworthy:
i have those from a previous broadcast.... i'll see if i can dig them out 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

radiojamaica wrote:If someone, who's actually going to the gig, could pick up a copy of that new March Violets cd for me... well that would make me a very happy bunny :D
I'm sure we could work out a deal of some kind :wink:

cheers & many thanx in advance!
Yeah of course we can work out a deal - I'll pick one up for you and send it over. Deal done, with pleasure (so long as someone reminds me to buy it, in case refreshment has been taken :innocent: ).

'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'