Andrew Eldritch: Why won't you release a new Sisters LP?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Prescott wrote:
Being645 wrote:I understand that as a matter of giving back to the world the values one
gets - in all consequence. Of course, this looks as if a few perspectives were
missing, but these don't help if you're say "structurally" hindered anyway to
enjoy that part of your intrinsic "yields". Thanks.
And what, damage control technician #93, would those "structural limitations" be exactly? Oh, and how are you privy to such information?
Sorry Prescott, I'm a living being and can't but be the one I am, perceive the world the way I do and give it expression. And what information, btw? I only contributed MY understanding of the matter. As to continuative explanations, sorry but as a matter of giving back to the world the values I've got and attached to me, I'm - consequently - neither able nor willing to send you a complete copy of that book. Chill though. As you might have noticed, I do not exclude any exceptions straight away. To human rights activists, for example, or the pretty people here and on PD, I'm always prepared to issue a few rough paragraphs.
... ;D :lol: ...

Btw., "damage control technician #93" sounds good to me ... ;D :D :lol: ... I wish I were as good as that ...
James Blast
Banned

FFS! that pair of you talk in riddles :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

So step by step, explicitly for you, James ... :wink: ...
Being645 wrote:
Prescott wrote:
il duce wrote:What i do not get though in all this talk, is that isn't SOME money (digital album, live album, ep's, indipendent label, etc, etc) better then NO money (not releasing anything at all)?

I mean, maybe I am a bit simplistic, but seriously, we are talking about writing and recording songs (which they obviously have) and then chose to get NO money for it all, becasue they can not get TONS of money. The logic just falls down and dies there.

So back to topic: Give us a live album allready!
Exactly my point! Presumably (and perhaps it's been mentioned in interviews) they record all of their performances, so releasing a live album would only add to their profit margin.
Being645 wrote:I understand that as a matter of giving back to the world the values one
gets - in all consequence. Of course, this looks as if a few perspectives were
missing, but these don't help if you're say "structurally" hindered anyway to
enjoy that part of your intrinsic "yields". Thanks.
Prescott wrote: And what, damage control technician #93, would those "structural limitations" be exactly? Oh, and how are you privy to such information?
Sorry Prescott, I'm a living being and can't but be the one I am, perceive the world the way I do and give it expression. And what information, btw? I only contributed MY understanding of the matter. As to continuative explanations, sorry but as a matter of giving back to the world the values I've got and attached to me, I'm - consequently - neither able nor willing to send you a complete copy of that book. Chill though. As you might have noticed, I do not exclude any exceptions straight away. To human rights activists, for example, or the pretty people here and on PD, I'm always prepared to issue a few rough paragraphs.
... ;D :lol: ...

Btw., "damage control technician #93" sounds good to me ... ;D :D :lol: ... I wish I were as good as that ...
but ok, in other words: money is not enough. There are more important needs than receiving money. Where these needs are too widely neglected, people suffer - especially those who feel the need to give the world what they've got to give, what they have to express, what they feel important, for themselves as much as for everybody. And after suffering (and large miles of disregard, debasement and humiliation) - no body can suffer endlessly - there always comes the moment, where the perception just steps out of the pain. You get cold and angry and might come to the conclusion - as a last resort of self-protection and in order to keep up your autonomy - that deserving is not a one-way. So you might become no longer prepared to share what you've got. The world will have to renounce at that as these things (as much as yoursself) have "obviously" not been of any further value to "the world", anyway. As to "structural" hindrances: of course, there are people who appreciate, who might have something to give in return, who would do anything to support you, who might have what you needed and be willing to give it to you, but due to cultural and societal borders they might not even be able to communicate it to you, for example. It's really only one example on the outer borders. More understandable now? I wonder ... :innocent: ...

Anyway, in a situation as such, one can only hope and wait and hold oneself open to development, without any guarantee. As to The Sisters ... (and from that point of view) ... I think, it's wonderful how things have developed ... and that was not without some definite effort from various people. Thanks endlessly to them, Andrew included. A record? For me, not the most important thing in the world, really.

*sorry to everybody for that large amount of forum space I've taken (again) ... you need not read my idiocies, anyway ... :wink: ...
James Blast
Banned

I didn't
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:I didn't
Unfortunately I did. This is seriously an example of someone being intentionally difficult to comprehend. Which is truly, really, actually, totally, not cool.

If it's money you need Andrew, I'll hook you up.

This other OFF-TOPIC gibberish can go off the pointy end of the "great white pier" for all I care.
"... because we're that kind of people."
James Blast
Banned

nah, you're nuts too
~ Peter Steele
Sita

The conversation was more interesting to read before the "nuts" and "dick" calling started :roll:
James Blast
Banned

PM me if you need clarification
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Sita wrote:The conversation was more interesting to read before the "nuts" and "dick" calling started :roll:
yep :(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
_emma_
Overbomber

Sita wrote:The conversation was more interesting to read before the "nuts" and "dick" calling started :roll:
I totally agree, but even though it might have been interesting, I still don't see the reason for a 10-page long elaborating on something which is in fact so simple and basic:
Rock and roll is about freedom, spontaneity, having fun, living the moment and and doing as one pleases. It's not about taking things too serious, nor about trying to last for ever (we're all going to die anyway after all, eh? and even if our grandchildren have a brief interest listening to Temple Of Love recorded in the studio, their grand children and great grand children probably won't give a damn). To be free, have fun and get paid for it just enough to make a comfortable living is what the majority of musicians aim for as they begin their adventure, then things turn tricky and some of them fall prey to the machine, some don't. One would think that those who manage not to fall prey should have fans who understand it, appreciate it and love them dearly, but that's not always the case. How unfair, don't you think. :| Luckily Andrew doesn't seem to care too much, because he doesn't expect or demand anything from his fans, unlike they do all the time. :|
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thank you, _emma_ ... you're perfectly right! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

...* I really shouldn't have myself provoked into such "essays" ... :roll:...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Being645 wrote:...* I really shouldn't have myself provoked into such "essays" ... :roll:...
no you shouldn't be unfortunately for us you do.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

MadameButterfly wrote:
Being645 wrote:...* I really shouldn't have myself provoked into such "essays" ... :roll:...
Nobody is perfect ... :roll: ... :lol: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote: our grandchildren have a brief interest listening to Temple Of Love recorded in the studio
I plan to force feed mine a lot more than that...unless they behave themselves of course. I used to laugh when my kids used to say "Ach, not that band with the guy who cannae sing again" when I used to play TSOM in the car ...
Prescott

Quiff Boy wrote:
yep :(
Yeah I agree. :(
sultan2075
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
Yeah, we all get that you've got some sort of misunderstanding with each other.

Give it a rest.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Gosh.

This is all getting a bit much isn't it? This thread is hereby on notice. Play nice or it gets locked. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

indeed. i'm sorry i was totally out of line. it won't happen again, i promise.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I don't really think anybody's grand-children are going to give a toss about Eldritch

He will feature on their radar about as much as Jack Buchanan does on yours.

It will just be a load of LPs and CDs to chuck in the skip / give to Age Concern when the family clear out your house after they've put you in a home
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Prescott

million voices wrote:I don't really think anybody's grand-children are going to give a toss about Eldritch

He will feature on their radar about as much as Jack Buchanan does on yours.

It will just be a load of LPs and CDs to chuck in the skip / give to Age Concern when the family clear out your house after they've put you in a home
I really don't understand the completely dire and rather dreadful pessimism and apathy of this fanbase. My Sisters stash will be a provision in my will; they either keep my Sisters stash safe and humidity free, or they don't get a single nickel and then all my money goes to charity and the Sisters stash, inter alia, goes to the Library of Congress.

At least I know they'll keep it all in a climate controlled environment. ;)
paul
Overbomber

Oh no, when I'm dead, my wife can selll the s**t and go on a loooong holiday with the kids to a climate approved environment like Hawaii !
sultan2075
Overbomber

Prescott wrote:
I really don't understand the completely dire and rather dreadful pessimism and apathy of this fanbase.
Uhm. Have you been paying attention since 1993 or so? It's pretty understandable.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Prescott

sultan2075 wrote:
Prescott wrote:
I really don't understand the completely dire and rather dreadful pessimism and apathy of this fanbase.
Uhm. Have you been paying attention since 1993 or so? It's pretty understandable.
Yeah, I've been definitely watching the paint dry since 1993, hence why I started this thread. Hopefully Andrew has taken all the comments here into account lately. I guess I don't have anything more to say. Which will probably come as a relief to some around here. I'll get my coat.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Oh my, what a bunch of happy vibes on this forum again. It even crawled over to Sisters Chat.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

;D
~ Peter Steele