Doktor Avalance's bass playing

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
aims
Overbomber

It's gamer slang, a deliberate typo on "own", which in turn means "to be rather good" or "to defeat" - mostly the latter, apparently, but in the circles I frequent it tends to be the former.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hom_Corleone wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:If :von: puts a dead guy on stage as a bass player, he'll *never* shake that pesky "goth" label :lol:
:innocent:
Even in his current state, Mr Burton would wipe the floor with any Sisters bassist, mechanoid or otherwise. :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Silver_Owl
The Don

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Motz wrote:That would fookin' pwn.

Do it :twisted:
i'm going to show my age now, but what does that mean? :oops:
Must be street talk homie. Ya get me?
Holler :!:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
aims
Overbomber

Stfu, n00b :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Motz wrote:Stfu, n00b :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Rezpec' :!:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

thank-you! ;D
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
James Blast
Banned

Blast will do it!

well maybe... that is a very old photo
and yes!
I have had the Robbie Williams/Neil Young comments before
:|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

oooh yeah- you do look a bit Robbie on that. :eek: that must be a blast from the past......coat- got it -gone. :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
James Blast
Banned

bastard

and BTW, I prefer Doktor Avalanche anyway... :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I haven't heard it done by the Doktor. I do though have quite a liking for the sound of real bass with a drum-machine.
Petseri
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:bastard

and BTW, I prefer Doktor Avalanche anyway... :innocent:
:( Sad that a real bassist gives nod to synth. I thought that you liked the sound of Tony James playing in the life recordings. :(

My vote (not that it means much) goes to a live player. Even those on the current tour seemed open to having a flesh and blood bassist on stage.
James Blast
Banned

you're quite right Martin I must have had some lapse of inebriation when I posted that last one, do forgive
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:you're quite right Martin I must have had some lapse of inebriation when I posted that last one, do forgive
Thank you for resisting the dark side. :notworthy:
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Oooohhh, couple of good uns spring to mind:

1) Justin Chancellor - of TOOL, could do it once he's got the upcoming Tool Dates out of the way, which on the downside might take a couple of years.... his Bass sound is perfect, and his technical ability is way above anything The Sisters have ever had before... could do it when maynard's doing the next APC thing?

2) Raven, from Killing Joke... now THERE'S a juggernaut of a Bass sound.
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
Badlander
Overbomber

Muppet wrote:Oooohhh, couple of good uns spring to mind:

1) Justin Chancellor - of TOOL, could do it once he's got the upcoming Tool Dates out of the way, which on the downside might take a couple of years.... his Bass sound is perfect, and his technical ability is way above anything The Sisters have ever had before... could do it when maynard's doing the next APC thing?
I'm afraid he might even be too good techniquewise. You don't wanna spoil the fun, do you ? :wink: :lol:
That'd be such a break from the Craig Adams - Tony James tradition.

:notworthy:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Badlander wrote: I'm afraid he might even be too good techniquewise. You don't wanna spoil the fun, do you ? :wink: :lol:
That'd be such a break from the Craig Adams - Tony James tradition.
I dunno, thought Craig was at times pretty darn good... I always got RSI trying to play bass to "wasteland", could never keep the riff going... whereas I can play "46and2" ; therefore, I deduce that Craig is BETTER than Justing Chancellor??!!!

I note you didn't mention Patsy?? :D
Badlander
Overbomber

Muppet wrote:I note you didn't mention Patsy?? :D
Goff ain't enough. (sincere apologies to mister Eastwood)

I might say I honestly forgot her, but even I ain't going to buy that. :oops: ;D
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The second's a very good choice. That would be :notworthy: Though Joke need him really.
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Driven wrote:

The second's a very good choice. That would be :notworthy: Though Joke need him really.
Yup.. Trouble is not only is he now The Joke's full time bassist, he also holds the same position in Ministry as well.

And to be bassist in The Sisters / Killing Joke / Ministry would kind of mean that Raven would need to be referred to the monoplies comission thingy...
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Ok, I'm slow on the uptake.... hadn't looked at the KJ forum for a couple of days, and now it seems that Raven will NOT be playing with Killing Joke on their April tour....
Badlander
Overbomber

Muppet wrote:Ok, I'm slow on the uptake.... hadn't looked at the KJ forum for a couple of days, and now it seems that Raven will NOT be playing with Killing Joke on their April tour....
Well if they do cancel the tour... :urff: