THE CURE

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

...and he looked pretty cool with short hair at that gig in Orange.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Leave Bob the blob alone.
Only a paand.
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
8.5 wrote:I think Robert Smith is a very talented, intelligent songwriter that unfortunately knows exactly what his fans want and seems content to rehash that as long as he has to in order to pay his bills.
With all due respect, this is utter bullsh!t. You could at least try to prove your point. As it stands, it only sounds like prejudice to me. :urff:

Oh and it's not Smith's talent and intelligence I have doubts about. Thank you. ;D
Eh, I guess it's really subjective. I just think that when you compare the growth between something like Three Imaginary Boys to say, Disintegration, to Disintegration to The Cure.... it just seems more chances were taken, more growth or whatever. I guess it's just my opinion (although I doubt I'd be saying anything if it wasn't my opinion), but I feel like most of the newer stuff is just more Disintegration-type pop.

But, I mean, I guess I'm not particularly qualified to judge, because I doubt I've heard any of the new albums all the way through more than once or twice.
If this is heaven I'm bailin' out.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

8.5 wrote:
Badlander wrote:
8.5 wrote:I think Robert Smith is a very talented, intelligent songwriter that unfortunately knows exactly what his fans want and seems content to rehash that as long as he has to in order to pay his bills.
With all due respect, this is utter bullsh!t. You could at least try to prove your point. As it stands, it only sounds like prejudice to me. :urff:

Oh and it's not Smith's talent and intelligence I have doubts about. Thank you. ;D
Eh, I guess it's really subjective. I just think that when you compare the growth between something like Three Imaginary Boys to say, Disintegration, to Disintegration to The Cure.... it just seems more chances were taken, more growth or whatever. I guess it's just my opinion (although I doubt I'd be saying anything if it wasn't my opinion), but I feel like most of the newer stuff is just more Disintegration-type pop.

But, I mean, I guess I'm not particularly qualified to judge, because I doubt I've heard any of the new albums all the way through more than once or twice.
It is your opinion 8.5 and you are more than entitled to it. Some, more than others, are very precious about Yer Man Bob. I have the last album and I haven't played it more than twice the whole way through-if the next one is as bad in my opinion I'm going to use it to scratch my botty
:P
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Leave Bob the blob alone.
and the winner for title of the next Cure record goes to....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Road Kill

weebleswobble wrote:
8.5 wrote:
Badlander wrote: With all due respect, this is utter bullsh!t. You could at least try to prove your point. As it stands, it only sounds like prejudice to me. :urff:

It is your opinion 8.5 and you are more than entitled to it. Some, more than others, are very precious about Yer Man Bob. I have the last album and I haven't played it more than twice the whole way through-if the next one is as bad in my opinion I'm going to use it to scratch my botty
:P
I almost hate to preface something by saying "it's my opinion" because of course it is! If it were someone else's opinion, I'd do something along the lines of this: "words words" That's why they make those buttons on computers! To quote!
If this is heaven I'm bailin' out.