Adios

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

This reeks of The Bold and The Beautiful, the British Edition. And I just hate that series.

Better 'd left this one alone, maybe.

If that's Scardy's decision, it will be regretted (by me, for one, I'll miss Muttley :(), but as Mark pointed out, no use hanging out someone else's dirty laundry and throw even more mud at it...

You are always welcome back, Scardy :notworthy:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Aye, wot Iz said. No clue really what the gripes are (and no interest), but FFS grow up all round...and for the record, the Brown Kendal Mint Cake joke was started in these parts and in no way referred to anything else.

I was going to bring a box of the stuff to the meet this month as a friendly/fun gesture, but that has kind of been pissed on now as that would infer the wrong idea.

Gentlemen (and women) would either shake hands or agree to disagree....
and that would be it.
Debaser
Overbomber

I'll just wave bye bye to Scardwell here. Perhaps we'll bump into each other again in Leeds train station or at various gigs.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Dave, for the love of God bring CAKE!!!!!!

:cry:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
James Blast
Banned

weebleswobble wrote:Dave, for the love of God bring CAKE!!!!!!

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

It's interesting that we all come here for a faded rock star. :von: And then others try to introduce an even more faded person. Don't know him. Don't know his music. Never listened to it/him. He had his one moment of glory. End of. This is a forum for Sisters fans. Take your personal fights private. Ta.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Johnny M wrote:This is a forum for Sisters fans.
And me.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

agreed Johnny.

There appear to be fewer than half a dozen people on this forum (band included) who care what James Ray's Gangwar do ONstage.

That being the case, I'm quite sure no-one's losing sleep over what recreational substances they do or do not indulge in OFF stage.

It would be a shame for Scardy to flounce off over such a non-event - if they've let you go, well - their loss, mate.
Queen of the mean!
Silver_Owl
The Don

Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
But seriously folks....who gives a s**t? As previously said this ain't nowt to do with any of us. And as JM said, this is a Sisters forum. It's sad that a regular poster is going but that's his decision.

Now - who's got The Basildon Puke Plates? :roll:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Totally agreed Carrie.

Simon is part of the furniture of HL/Sisters. What this forum is all about. *shrug *
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:Dave, for the love of God bring CAKE!!!!!!

Well I brought CAKE (2 boxes of Sainsburys choc chp muffins) to last year's HL do, and people were reluctant to take any precisely because they thought it was spiked with drugs. :lol: I even left them in the original Sainsburys boxes in an attempt to put people's minds at ease but it did little good. One of the exceptions being Mr Blast who squirrelled several into his bag. :innocent: At least I didn't need to bother with dinner that night - unlike the next but that's another story...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

After reading some posts this morning in several threads I must say that I agree with Johnny. :)

Take care Simon!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

:kiss:
Human stupidity knows no limits.
christophe
Overbomber

Carrie wrote:agreed Johnny.

There appear to be fewer than half a dozen people on this forum (band included) who care what James Ray's Gangwar do ONstage.

That being the case, I'm quite sure no-one's losing sleep over what recreational substances they do or do not indulge in OFF stage.

It would be a shame for Scardy to flounce off over such a non-event - if they've let you go, well - their loss, mate.
I may be one of those few but you are totally right.
I wouldn't even care if :von: himself would have a disagreement with other members, as long its all left off this forum. First of all its annoying and its just plain disrespectful.
Another Shade of You.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

got no time for childish melodrama right now, tbh
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Scardwel - you belong here,so don't leave! I had a brief conversation with Scardwel in Budapest and I kind of know what happened... and I think there is no reason he sould leave the Forum, he's done nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned.

And for JAmes Ray - isn't there a GANGWAR forum somewhere?So all the involved could move over there and argue? Coz I think most of us here are rather uninterested in what he does (like most of the Heartlanders I have never heard his music and I think using somebody else's forum to promote yourself is not the best idea!)
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>And for JAmes Ray - isn't there a GANGWAR forum somewhere?So all the >involved could move over there and argue? Coz I think most of us here are >rather uninterested in what he does (like most of the Heartlanders I have >never heard his music and I think using somebody else's forum to promote >yourself is not the best idea!)

I totally disagree with this. Im pleased to have here S & Mr Ray too.
Mr. Ray is in depth involved in the Sisters history and he's a cordially man that Im very happy to have here for speak of sisters & Gangwar at same time.
christophe
Overbomber

I think its best we close this down before things get worse.
Another Shade of You.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I think we should let JR have the final word as JR started the thread. :innocent:
mh
Above the Chemist

Having seen what happened on the Spiritualized forum when Sonic Boom started turning up (do a Google on those if you're unfamiliar with the history), believe me, there's a long long long way to go before HL descends to such a level of ugliness.

That's a credit to the mods, really. Maybe nows the time to nip this in the bud?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Sorry Simon, wrong thread
Debaser
Overbomber

mh wrote:Having seen what happened on the Spiritualized forum when Sonic Boom started turning up (do a Google on those if you're unfamiliar with the history), believe me, there's a long long long way to go before HL descends to such a level of ugliness.
It's a 'night follows day' thing doesn't mean it's nice, or enjoyable to witness - perhaps I've just become hardened to this kind of thing at 'the other place'

Perhaps it's time that we all step away from the thread and let it just die? People have made their decisions (which some may like and some may not) and we ought to respect those choices.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
mh
Above the Chemist

Debaser wrote:
mh wrote:Having seen what happened on the Spiritualized forum when Sonic Boom started turning up (do a Google on those if you're unfamiliar with the history), believe me, there's a long long long way to go before HL descends to such a level of ugliness.
It's a 'night follows day' thing doesn't mean it's nice, or enjoyable to witness - perhaps I've just become hardened to this kind of thing at 'the other place'

Perhaps it's time that we all step away from the thread and let it just die? People have made their decisions (which some may like and some may not) and we ought to respect those choices.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

taylor wrote:>And for JAmes Ray - isn't there a GANGWAR forum somewhere?So all the >involved could move over there and argue? Coz I think most of us here are >rather uninterested in what he does (like most of the Heartlanders I have >never heard his music and I think using somebody else's forum to promote >yourself is not the best idea!)

I totally disagree with this. Im pleased to have here S & Mr Ray too.
Mr. Ray is in depth involved in the Sisters history and he's a cordially man that Im very happy to have here for speak of sisters & Gangwar at same time.
Agreed completely, taylor.

And no, there isn't a Gangwar forum. It may be true that many people here are uninterested in what he does, but those of us who are like to have the opportunity to find out about what happens.
And if using somebody else's forum to promote yourself is a bad thing, would you also be unhappy about Phono Paul, Rhombus, The Sisters Of Murphy, and all the other bands that HL members are in posting their news here? I didn't think so.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>Agreed completely, taylor. :notworthy: :notworthy: