Rose of avalanche

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Maisey wrote:Never seen a show stealing support band, for which I am glad, its always nice to scoff at a rubbish to support and save your energy for the main act...although Edguy supporting dragonforce were good ( they are a much older band, with more respect in those circles, but unfortunatly couldn't draw in the kids like the force can)
Pearl Jam did it to the SISTERS and they in turn did it to Depeche Mode, Ghost Dance did it to the m*****n and SALVATION did it everytime.
Last edited by the-happening on 01 Dec 2006, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
James Blast
Banned

PIG supporting NIN were good.

sorry, that's all I have to say, otherwise I'll go on to things from the 70s :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ramone wrote:Rosetta Stone supporting Danielle Dax

I went to the Bradford leg of that tour. Lost my front door key in the venue (King George's hall was it?) and ended up having to break into my own house. But yeah, RS did slightly (hem hem) blow DD off stage.

Did anyone see her when she was on one of those interior design TV shows? She won some competition or something.
Ramone wrote:( the tale of us being asked not to perform at Rock City in Nottingham is legendary)..
:eek: I've not heard that one; do tell.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
scotty
Overbomber

the-happening wrote: Ghost Dance did it to the m*****n and SALVATION did it everytime.
Preach it Brother :notworthy: 8) :notworthy:

LOUD did it to Fields of the Nephilim, The Killing Joke, The Stranglers, Janes Addiction etc.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Ramone

markfiend wrote:
Ramone wrote:( the tale of us being asked not to perform at Rock City in Nottingham is legendary)..
:eek: I've not heard that one; do tell.
We (Rosetta) supported Dax in Bradford and from the off they weren't happy with us. They asked us to leave the main room as they soundchecked ( which is understandable). Now, not to blow our own trumpet to much - we blew her off the stage that night. I'd say most of the crowd was there to see us.

A couple of days later or so, we were booked to support them in the main room at Rock City, Nottingham. A venue whose management loved us and so did the crowds.On the day, I was summoned to a three way meeting backstage ( me, D.D's manager and the owner of Rock City) where D.D's management was requesting that Rosetta shouldn't play upstairs but at a seperate gig in the downstairs bar!! The excuse - we were too loud at the Bradford show!!

Rock City just laughed in D.D's manager's face and TOLD them we would not only be supporting but we could play as loud as we liked!! So we did!

Rosetta once again blew Dax off the stage ! She was not happy - the miserable bint.

As for Rosetta ever playing Nottigham or anywhere else ever again - No Frickin' chance, period.
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Fantastic :lol: :notworthy:
Ramone wrote:I'd say most of the crowd was there to see us.
I know I was! :lol:

In fact, come to think of it, I'm not sure I even stayed for Danielle Dax's set! :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Code: Select all

As for Rosetta ever playing Nottigham or anywhere else ever again - No Frickin' chance, period
As many times as I have heard that David, it still gives me a sinking feeling to see it put so bluntly.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Ramone

Want another Rosetta tale?.. If anyone was at the Newcastle Riverside show in 1990 during the Eye for Main Chance tour and wondered who the drunken oaf onstage was during the encore..yes that was James Ray!! and we had no idea who he was either!! But it was fun :)
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
hallucienate
Overbomber

Ramone wrote:Want another Rosetta tale?.. If anyone was at the Newcastle Riverside show in 1990 during the Eye for Main Chance tour and wondered who the drunken oaf onstage was during the encore..yes that was James Ray!! and we had no idea who he was either!! But it was fun :)
Other bands won't even let him onstage :von:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Ok, what is the James Ray/sisters stage thing. I know he worked on Gift, otherwise whats the connection and whats the story?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
the-happening

Maisey wrote:Ok, what is the James Ray/sisters stage thing. I know he worked on Gift, otherwise whats the connection and whats the story?
James Ray sent Eldritch a demo tape, he liked what he heard signed him as an artist (James Ray & the Performance) JR did vocals on the Giving Ground single and also contributed on Gift. Merciful Release owned by Eldritch released recordings by James Ray and the Performance, James Rays Gangwar & MK Ultra (all bands featuring James Ray) he also mimed with Eldritch on TOTP. Mr Ray also tried to jump on stage at Glasgow this year to accompany Von on Giving Ground but failed, this is well documented elsewhere.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

both demo tape and postcard are now in a good place :lol:
James Blast
Banned

the-happening wrote:Mr Ray also tried to jump on stage at Glasgow this year to accompany Von on Giving Ground but failed, this is well documented elsewhere.
otherwise known as TGGI page 11, post#268 ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
the-happening wrote:Mr Ray also tried to jump on stage at Glasgow this year to accompany Von on Giving Ground but failed, this is well documented elsewhere.
otherwise known as TGGI page 11, post#268 ;D
Aye, but he didn't try to jump on the stage, he only got on Billy's shoulders during the "Sisterhood" song, the trouble began when the fascist bastard Barrowland bouncers told him to get down :roll: , I nearly got into a fight my self, and almost unheard of.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote:the trouble began when the fascist bastard Barrowland bouncers told him to get down :roll:
You were at the barras? We were all at the ABC :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

DerekR wrote:
scotty wrote:the trouble began when the fascist bastard Barrowland bouncers told him to get down :roll:
You were at the barras? We were all at the ABC :lol:
:eek: :oops: Aye, sorry :lol:
the-happening

taylor wrote:both demo tape and postcard are now in a good place :lol:
Thanks for letting us know, a really useful contribution to this thread.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>Thanks for letting us know, a really useful contribution to this thread.

mmm...the net is full of envy and loosers so this maybe help them a bit
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I could have bidded on them. But I didn't. I didn't have the money to spend on them. Not £20 to spare.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

the-happening wrote:
While on the subject, thanks for snatching these in the final seconds from me.

Let me know if you got a spare. :wink:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
the-happening

Nic wrote:
the-happening wrote:
While on the subject, thanks for snatching these in the final seconds from me.

Let me know if you got a spare. :wink:
What are you after as I was only after one record, rather than derail a good thread PM me.
the-happening

taylor wrote:>Thanks for letting us know, a really useful contribution to this thread.

mmm...the net is full of envy and loosers so this maybe help them a bit
What pasta are you on, envy and lo(o)sers on the net, you are certainly contributing f**k all to this thread. Posted anymore records to Rosie or Gary.

Another gig to mention JR pissed all over Sex Gang Children at the Venue, New Cross.
James Blast
Banned

I pissed all over Six Grown Children, I was at the Nightmoves gig, they sucked then, they suck now!
~ Peter Steele
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

saw happy mondays support RLYL in london a few weeks before Madchester, RLYL didnt have a chance

saw stone roses in a tiny hall in lancaster, they supported slowdive (i think) they also didnt have a chance

i think birdland were probably the most obvious 'this band is better than the main band' gigs i saw
Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

I saw Queen as a support, I think I win! :twisted:
~ Peter Steele