Q Magazine Review

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

I bought Q from day 1 but back then it was all Mark Ellen, Andrew Collins, David Quantick, Stuart Maconie, Barney Hoskyns, CSM, fine rock scribes all. I stopped buying it c.1997 when yet another poll put Sgt. Pepper at no.1 and Pet Snouds at no.2 in the all time greatest albums ever made (it could have been the other way round). When Mojo came out I started buying it (in tandem with Q) eventually I dropped Q and did the same with Mojo about a year later when they ran a Pet Snouds/Pepper poll.
Haven't bought another 'rock' monthly since, even Kerrrang lost the plot when bands like Linkin Pork (sic) started showing up.

....oh! my point was that you used to get a decent, often humorous review of what the writer thought of the music contained therein
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
czuczu
Overbomber

^ LIke all them others just not Sutherland! :)

This is pretty interesting - just found it while trying to google why I hate Steve Sutherland :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

czuczu wrote:This
I rest m'case, m'lud :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele