An "Ipswich Ripper"?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i didn't think you were implying it at all mark, but undoubtedly some will. :?
Coolio. Ta. 8) I didn't think you thought I thought that... Urggh my brain hurts!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i think it should be legal for women to carry CS gas on them anyway
Hahaha, I agree with that wholeheartedly. And not just because of things like this :twisted:
If you weren't an anarchist you should really get into politics, Lee... I'd vote for you! ;D
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:finally,blokes:if you're walking aropund late at night and you see a lone female walking down your side of the street, cross over. it makes them feel a lot less threatened
I think that's a sweet sentiment but I don't think it's necessarily helpful. If women are looked at as vulnerable creatures, while most men will have no wish to frighten or harm them (indeed many would want to "protect" us), there are those who will only have greater contempt.

Psychopaths obviously have no sympathy for those they percieve as weak and fragile. But I think there is a larger proportion of males whose respect for women is badly affected by the vulnerability that is often associated with femininty. Men are brought up valuing strength and independence, yet seeing these as fundementally male traits. So they end up with a certain disgust for women, which can manifest itself in more or less serious ways.

edit - the last thing I want to do is generalise about the attitudes of all men, my point is rather about the way they are encouraged to view women by our society (and most others).
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

seems to me this is a power thing not a sex thing. the 'target market' are being cleansed for some reason. probably a religious nutter, they usually are :?
Goths have feelings too
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

finally,blokes:if you're walking aropund late at night and you see a lone female walking down your side of the street, cross over. it makes them feel a lot less threatened.

the other missing two seem to be confirmed as murderded as well and this is all too shocking! what kind of sicko psycho's are out there? i see plenty of 'Police Witness Appeal' signs in SE London but this is FIVE murders in a couple of weeks!

A few words from Mr Charlie Daniels

As far as Im concerned there aint no excuse
For the rapin' and the killin' and the child abuse
but Ive got a way to put an end to all that thang
You just take them rascals out in the swamp
You put 'em on their knees and tie 'em to a stump
Let the rattlers and the bugs and the aligators do the rest!

Charlie Daniels, A Simple Man
:notworthy:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

paint it black wrote:seems to me this is a power thing not a sex thing. the 'target market' are being cleansed for some reason. probably a religious nutter, they usually are :?
Do you think?

Sadly it does seem that those two that were missing have now been found dead... I am very glad I don't live in Ipswich right now.

(Actually, I'm always glad I don't live in Ipswich :urff: )
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:(Actually, I'm always glad I don't live in Ipswich :urff: )
I've got to go through Ipswich tomorrow and back through again on thursday :urff:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Stay safe, Libs.

Not that a piece of s**t like this would have the balls to go near The First Lady Of Metal :twisted:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Stay safe, Libs.

Not that a piece of s**t like this would have the balls to go near The First Lady Of Metal :twisted:
:lol:
I'm made of metal!
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
boudicca wrote:Stay safe, Libs.

:lol:
I'm made of metal!
still, stay safe mate, there's proper loons out there!
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
paint it black

boudicca wrote:
paint it black wrote:seems to me this is a power thing not a sex thing. the 'target market' are being cleansed for some reason. probably a religious nutter, they usually are :?
Do you think?
i do, otherwise i wouldn't have written it :lol:

seriously, after the first two i thought the murderer was a woman, i'm still not sure. the fact that they're naked but not abused is possibly to do with humiliation. the fact the killer may have poisoned them and certainly not carved them up means the killer is intelligent, a thinker, has planned this and not gone about it in a frenzied way, and i suspect, possibly not very big built. the most telling thing and the thing that'll be worrying police most is that the killer is making no attempt to hide the bodies and as a result seems to be getting the desired result with regards to removal of hookers from the street. the timing of it all is probably significant too.

well, you did ask :(
Goths have feelings too
boudicca
Sister Midnight

paint it black wrote:
boudicca wrote:
Do you think?
i do, otherwise i wouldn't have written it :lol:

seriously, after the first two i thought the murderer was a woman, i'm still not sure. the fact that they're naked but not abused is possibly to do with humiliation. the fact the killer may have poisoned them and certainly not carved them up means the killer is intelligent, a thinker, has planned this and not gone about it in a frenzied way, and i suspect, possibly not very big built. the most telling thing and the thing that'll be worrying police most is that the killer is making no attempt to hide the bodies and as a result seems to be getting the desired result with regards to removal of hookers from the street. the timing of it all is probably significant too.

well, you did ask :(
Yeah, I was just curious as to why you thought so.
One of the things that makes the actions of serial killers most chilling is the fact that they do go about their business in an alarmingly calm way. The fact they're not frenzied, rather cold and detatched to the extent that they can carry on "normal" life in between their murders.

But I did hear comment that the effort might not have been made to hide the last two bodies because the person was disturbed. And that the first ones were found in the stream perhaps because the killer hoped running water would make forensics more difficult. Another example of very clever, calculated behaviour.

I thought maybe it was just a case of them getting more bold - knowing the power their reign of terror is giving them is probably a huge kick to them.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Where is Horatio Caine when you need him?

it's not even trying to hide the bodies/destroy evidence anymore, hopefully this is a desire to be caught :evil:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
aims
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:seriously, after the first two i thought the murderer was a woman, i'm still not sure. the fact that they're naked but not abused is possibly to do with humiliation. the fact the killer may have poisoned them and certainly not carved them up means the killer is intelligent, a thinker, has planned this and not gone about it in a frenzied way, and i suspect, possibly not very big built.
Wonderful. So when the killer starts sizing them up, they'll not have a clue that this 5'4" softly spoken professional type "reaching out to the working girls" is dangerous? :urff:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

boudicca wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:finally,blokes:if you're walking aropund late at night and you see a lone female walking down your side of the street, cross over. it makes them feel a lot less threatened
I think that's a sweet sentiment but I don't think it's necessarily helpful. If women are looked at as vulnerable creatures, while most men will have no wish to frighten or harm them (indeed many would want to "protect" us), there are those who will only have greater contempt.
fair comment.

however i wasn't trying to be helpful or dabble in the politics of gender; it's just something i've always done in that situation to make another human being feel better.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Whatever this guy's motive (and I don't think there's any doubt the killer will turn out to be male) it only serves to prove why prostitution should be legal in this country. Whatever moral view point you want to take, men will always be willing to pay for sex and there will be women desperate enough to supply it. At least with state sanctioned brothels these women would have some protection, which is more than they've got walking the streets.
And for those desperate to feed their addictions, some decent drug rehabilitation programmes wouldn't go amiss, rather than jail time (because we all know how difficult it is to get drugs in prison).

Clearly nutters like this will always find an opportunity, but sometimes it seems as though society goes out of its way to ensure there's a supply of victims.
Last edited by Erudite on 13 Dec 2006, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ditto. :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Andie
Overbomber

just a wee update from ground zero here

Anneli Alderton (third girl found) lived around the corner from where my eldest lives...she wasn't from Ipswich but must have been known in the red light area as she was last seen in Colchester North station heading for Ipswich

too damn close for comfort now as the girls have taken heed of the warnings to stay off the streets...if this nutter is going to strike again (and i believe he will if he hasn't already) then no one is safe...

later tonight/tomorrow i'll be collecting Emma from her college chrimbo bash in Colchester...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

canon docre wrote:
Arch Deviant wrote:
Erudite wrote:Whatever this guy's motive (and I don't think there's any doubt the killer will turn out to be male) it only serves to prove why prostitution should be legal in this country. Whatever moral view point you want to take, men will always be willing to pay for sex and there will be women desperate enough to supply it. At least with state sanctioned brothels these women would have some protection, which is more than they've got walking the streets.
And for those desperate to feed their addictions, some decent drug rehabilitation programmes wouldn't go amiss, rather than jail time (because we all know how difficult it is to get drugs in prison).

Clearly nutters like this will always find an opportunity, but sometimes it seems as though society goes out of its way to ensure there's a supply of victims.
Perhaps if society made an effort to evolve into a place where prostitution and drug rehab programmes aren't needed then society may become a more peaceful place. Obeying instincts is what makes us more animal than human.
*cough*... never heard of prostitution and drug abuse amongst animals. :innocent:

Oh yes, i once saw a movie about bonobo monkeys. the chief monkey wanted to f**k a girl monkey, but she refused. after he returned with a fruit and gave it to her, she let him bang her.... :wink:
This is not revenche, this is punishment
paint it black

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236320,00.html

see also military connection, rouge troops USAF bases and erm... mr kipling
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've split out the more general discussion on prostitution:
clicky

Except I missed badass' post above :oops:
—Bertrand Russell
robertzombie
Overbomber

I recon he's a religious fanatic who is cleansing the girls of their sin (prostitution, drugs, etc.)

The bodies are left naked to symbolise a baby that is born naked and sinless (although "original sin" could contradict this) and the water is cleansing their sin further as if they are being baptised.

Sounds like a case for...
8)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

robertzombie wrote:I recon he's a religious fanatic who is cleansing the girls of their sin (prostitution, drugs, etc.)

The bodies are left naked to symbolise a baby that is born naked and sinless (although "original sin" could contradict this) and the water is cleansing their sin further as if they are being baptised.

Sounds like a case for...
8)
Aaarrrgghhh not that Unchained Melody bloke! Are you trying to kill me, Robert?! :eek: :P :lol:
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Burn wrote:just a wee update from ground zero here

Anneli Alderton (third girl found) lived around the corner from where my eldest lives...she wasn't from Ipswich but must have been known in the red light area as she was last seen in Colchester North station heading for Ipswich

too damn close for comfort now as the girls have taken heed of the warnings to stay off the streets...if this nutter is going to strike again (and i believe he will if he hasn't already) then no one is safe...

later tonight/tomorrow i'll be collecting Emma from her college chrimbo bash in Colchester...
Hello My Pet,

I had no idea this SOB was so close your household. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Be careful!

Hugs my Pet,

XX
BP