AHR�YEPH

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:You guys should listen to this Ahráyeph - Summer, prepare to have your socks knocked off! :D
Now THAT'S some stonkingly good choon! Consider me socks in a corner in a smouldering heap, weaping gently that such sounds could emanate from the throat of man! :notworthy:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for all the kudos, Brother Blast. And don't sell yerself short man, you're just as good in your own right!
James Blast
Banned

Talent will out Brers Iz + Raf, Belgium is the new Madchesterâ„¢. ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:You guys should listen to this Ahráyeph - Summer, prepare to have your socks knocked off! :D
He's not wrong folks :notworthy:
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thanks again :notworthy:
End of line.
Big Si
School Bully

Ahráyeph wrote:
Big Si wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:Is there some value attached to it, other than you liking the music? Well, these demos will be extremely rare commodities (ie. something to sell on Ebay when I've kicked the bucket, Si ;D), as less than a 100 will be made and none will be sold.

P.S.: People who also post at the Dawnrazor forum can of course try their luck there as well, just as long as it's understood that the 20 copies distributed over both of the forums will go to 20 different people.
Again, your stuff's priceless, but as for Izzy's :innocent: ;D
Tsss Big Yin. So I suppose yer no up for a shared Ahráyeph/FGG bill then? ;D
So you're headlining, and I heckle IZ for being a crap support band, whilst I'm waiting to get served at the bar? :innocent:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
streamline
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote: This is a really top gesture by you Raf, just proves the Heartland Effect lives!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
seconded!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
James Blast
Banned

Big Si wrote:So you're headlining, and I heckle IZ for being a crap support band, whilst I'm waiting to get served at the bar? :innocent:
Nae FGG goodie fur yew oan the 30th 'erse! :|

^ a joke, or is it... :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:
Big Si wrote:So you're headlining, and I heckle IZ for being a crap support band, whilst I'm waiting to get served at the bar? :innocent:

I've got plenty of drinks coasters thanks! :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

@ Kazamel : I thought my answer to your pm was sent, but as it is, it remains stuck in my outbox for some strange reason. I tried sending it again twice, but it's not sent out. I'll pm you at The Other Place, ok?
Big Si
School Bully

Ahráyeph wrote:@ Kazamel : I thought my answer to your pm was sent, but as it is, it remains stuck in my outbox for some strange reason. I tried sending it again twice, but it's not sent out. I'll pm you at The Other Place, ok?
If it's stuck in your outbox, then that usually means he (kazamel) has not got round to reading it. :?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Big Si wrote:
James Blast wrote:

I've got plenty of drinks coasters thanks! :wink: ;D
Your mates at the bar will be served first, SIMON,

...and you will get a lot of FGG coasters thrown at 'ya! (the CHEAP ones :twisted:)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:...and you will get a lot of FGG coasters thrown at 'ya! (the CHEAP ones)
that's the one's without a Blast Productsâ„¢ cover ;D
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:...and you will get a lot of FGG coasters thrown at 'ya! (the CHEAP ones)
that's the one's without a Blast Productsâ„¢ cover ;D
'F corse ;)

The really cheap ones are the ones with Big Yin's "Whit Ya Lookin' at?" face, topped with an ecru fez... ;)

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:The really cheap ones are the ones with Big Yin's "Whit Ya Lookin' at?" face, topped with an ecru fez... ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

You'd still be a pish support band :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy

Big Si wrote:You'd still be a pish support band :wink: ;D
And people always tell me I use too much echo...

They should check out your posts fer a change ;D

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

While I'm sorry I have to interrupt the WC Mudslinging for a bit, I'm still compelled to pass on this message to IZ : I saw Daniel last night and passed on your greetings. It was funny, as he came up to me to tell me the sound upstairs - where the mixing desk was (and thus all the REAL action :P) - was pretty pish as it would be too bassy. Of course, he was right, but in all the sound was still ok, even though I've seen better 242 gigs. This one wasn't half bad for a one- off, though.
Gentlemen, you may now resume your mudlslinging activities (which, like this post, are quite off topic if I'm not mistaken)... ;D
Big Si
School Bully

Ahráyeph wrote:While I'm sorry I have to interrupt the WC Mudslinging for a bit, I'm still compelled to pass on this message to IZ : I saw Daniel last night and passed on your greetings. It was funny, as he came up to me to tell me the sound upstairs - where the mixing desk was (and thus all the REAL action :P) - was pretty pish as it would be too bassy. Of course, he was right, but in all the sound was still ok, even though I've seen better 242 gigs. This one wasn't half bad for a one- off, though.
Gentlemen, you may now resume your mudlslinging activities (which, like this post, are quite off topic if I'm not mistaken)... ;D
Mudslinging? I'll have you know it's creative discussion and friendly banter between friends, ain't that right my belgian nemesis? ;D

NEXT! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy

Big Si wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:While I'm sorry I have to interrupt the WC Mudslinging for a bit, I'm still compelled to pass on this message to IZ : I saw Daniel last night and passed on your greetings. It was funny, as he came up to me to tell me the sound upstairs - where the mixing desk was (and thus all the REAL action :P) - was pretty pish as it would be too bassy. Of course, he was right, but in all the sound was still ok, even though I've seen better 242 gigs. This one wasn't half bad for a one- off, though.
Mudslinging? I'll have you know it's creative discussion and friendly banter between friends, ain't that right my belgian nemesis? ;D

Pish awf, ya bawbag! ;D

Now THAT was creativity at its best...;)

Love 'ya Simon :kiss:

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

Daniel always thinks the sound is too bassy... he is known to low pass everything under 300 Hz, that's why our remixes sound so tinny of late :twisted:

Thanks for passing on the greets, hope you had a ball! ;D

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Big Si wrote:

Pish awf, ya bawbag! ;D

IZ.
The irony of me calling it the WC mudslinging probably got lost somewhere between here and Glasgow ;D. By all means, do continue, to the delight of us all... :twisted:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Daniel always thinks the sound is too bassy... he is known to low pass everything under 300 Hz, that's why our remixes sound so tinny of late :twisted:

Thanks for passing on the greets, hope you had a ball! ;D

IZ.
Really? 300 Hz? :eek:. Well, for really low sounding synths mixed with guitars 'n other stuff that should work, but for something that's mostly synth based... Would indeed sound thinny. I did have a bit of a ball. Funny thing, all the way there, I was humming 'Circling Overland', and they opened with that song! Less funny was that it was supposed to open at 10pm but when we got there, it was still all VIP party and the doors for the gig would only open at 11... which ended up being 11:30. By the time we got in, it was close to midnight. Really well organized, I must say. After a while into the gig, I just paid attention to what Daniel was doing behind the desk, since Ahráyeph will also take its cue from them and the Girls and use drum sampling and some recorded backing stuff via Cubase (which Front also uses on a Dell notebook, for those music nerds interested). It has some advantages, especially when you're a band just starting out : you can play small venues and still have room to spare, which otherwise would be taken up by the drummer and his/her usually gargantuous drum kit. One person left to transport, a lot less gear to transport etc... Actually, the only real disadvantage is there's no one to abuse with drummer jokes, mhehehe... ;D
Big Si
School Bully

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Big Si wrote:

Pish awf, ya bawbag! ;D

IZ.
Aww...time for a group hug! :D

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:Really? 300 Hz? :eek:. Well, for really low sounding synths mixed with guitars 'n other stuff that should work, but for something that's mostly synth based... Would indeed sound thinny.
I just MIGHT have exaggerated that bit... ;D But he uses that "trick" of lo-passing a lot. Not at 300 Hz tho, more like 100-150 ;D
Less funny was that it was supposed to open at 10pm but when we got there, it was still all VIP party and the doors for the gig would only open at 11... which ended up being 11:30. By the time we got in, it was close to midnight. Really well organized, I must say.
Been there, done that, bought the lousy t-shirt ;) It's a vcelebrity thing I guess...:twisted:
...use drum sampling and some recorded backing stuff via Cubase (which Front also uses on a Dell notebook, for those music nerds interested).
AFAIK he used Nuendo ;) Or he must have switched to Cubase 4 of late... But I thought Daniel uses the Steinberg Multimedia solution, for syncing his video and audio as well...
It has some advantages, especially when you're a band just starting out : you can play small venues and still have room to spare, which otherwise would be taken up by the drummer and his/her usually gargantuous drum kit. One person left to transport, a lot less gear to transport etc... Actually, the only real disadvantage is there's no one to abuse with drummer jokes, mhehehe... ;D
That's how we do it as well... And we just make jokes about the Reason or Ableton Live Freak :twisted:("How do you write a tablature for the Reason Wizard? Buy a box of Lego and throw it out on the floor..." etc etc)

IZ.