Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:Consider your seat reserved, Brother Blast :). Two more left, if anyone wants them.
That would be great, if I could nab one of them. I don't take up much room... you'll still have one and a half left :lol: :oops:
One and a half left it is, then... ;)
James Blast
Banned

make it two seats left, Claire fits in a regular sized car's glove compartment or behind the speakers on the back shelf ;D

BTW: anyone ever stowed some gloves in that compartment?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

She sits on the armrest between the rear seats.
There is shadow under this red rock
James Blast
Banned

eotunun wrote:She sits on the armrest between the rear seats.
I think she may have something to say about that... :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
eotunun wrote:She sits on the armrest between the rear seats.
I think she may have something to say about that... :innocent:
No doubt she will.. :innocent:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:BTW: anyone ever stowed some gloves in that compartment?
Actually, someone left one glove (what happened to the other one is still a mystery to me) in my car's door compartment, as my glove compartment and the central console are chock full of CD's... ;D
eotunun
Overbomber

I was looking for offers to rent holiday flats or bungalows. I didn´t find anything yet.
Do you locals have any hints where to fin one for a weekend? Would Mac- or other Heartlanders think of this as a good idea, join purses and save money?
A temporary colony?
James Blast
Banned

a plan...?
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

a plan! :D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

If youse cnuts think I'm wearing a scottish flag on my trip to Belgium, you're severely mistaken. <inserts that 'rods' wielding smiley>

Otherwise, once flights / expense / accom has been looked into, count me right in!

Antwerp, you say, Zeno? Bit rude not to.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

Oh Jeez, we've got that feckin' Manc on board, it will get messy :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:I was looking for offers to rent holiday flats or bungalows. I didn´t find anything yet.
Do you locals have any hints where to fin one for a weekend? Would Mac- or other Heartlanders think of this as a good idea, join purses and save money?
A temporary colony?
The most common bungalows for rent aren't situated in the area between Brussels and Antwerp, they're found more to the east and south where the population is less dense (literally, for those who wonder :twisted:), so it would take about an hour and a half to get from there to the center of the country. Same goes for holiday flats, these are mostly situated by the coast, in the west of the country which is also that far away. It does have much better public transportation than the bungalow in the east and south. The fact that Belgium isn't all that big is the main reason for this. While in the UK, you've got large areas of countryside around cities, this isn't the case over here. The north- south axis of the country up to Brussels is the most industrialized and very densely populated, hence there is mainly city tourism, which banks heavily on people staying at hotels, guest rooms or B&B's and youth hostels for the young at heart. Well, as far as I know anyway. B&B's are the cheapest solution, I think. I did some checking on the sites of my hometown Leuven and Lier itself. The latter didn't have links to its B&B websites, so I can't really say anything about that. Perhaps IZ knows more, as he lives there. In Leuven the prices are between €30 and €50, which translates to between £20 and £35. I'm guessing that those are the going rates in any city, with probably the exception of Brussels, where everything's expensive, as is the case with most capitals. Well, we've got enough time to sort all this out, don't we...
Last edited by Ahráyeph on 25 Dec 2006, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

A geography lesson is due up here, so thankee! :D

plan.... cancelled :|

Jurgen!!!
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:Oh Jeez, we've got that feckin' Manc on board, it will get messy :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
That it may, James. That it may. :P :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eotunun
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:
eotunun wrote:I was looking for offers to rent holiday flats or bungalows. I didn´t find anything yet.
A temporary colony?
The most common bungalows for rent aren't situated in the area between Brussels and Antwerp, they're found more to the east and south where the population is less dense (literally, for those who wonder :twisted:), so it would take about an hour and a half to get from there to the center of the country. Same goes for holiday flats, these are mostly situated by the coast, in the west of the country which is also that far away. It does have much better public transportation than the bungalow in the east and south. The fact that Belgium isn't all that big is the main reason for this. While in the UK, you've got large areas of countryside around cities, this isn't the case over here. The north- south axis of the country up to Brussels is the most industrialized and very densely populated, hence there is mainly city tourism, which banks heavily on people staying at hotels, guest rooms or B&B's and youth hostels for the young at heart. Well, as far as I know anyway...
:| Thanks Raf. Well, It was an idea. That would have been class itself if we could have a three day colony, but.. alas. I´ll take another look if we are lucky and find something like that, I´m sure five or seven people would find together to do it? :wink:

:roll: Not it, ye jokers. Part time colony, I mean!!
eotunun
Overbomber

James Blast wrote: plan.... cancelled :|

Jurgen!!!
If we arrive at plan Y I´ll consider admitting defeat!
;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

This all sounds like a right larf I must say! Did we not have a thread on here along the lines of "What if there was a HL Big Brother house"? :innocent: :lol:

Oh yes, the opportunities for hilarity are limitless :twisted:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Planet Dave wrote:If youse cnuts think I'm wearing a scottish flag on my trip to Belgium, you're severely mistaken. <inserts that 'rods' wielding smiley>

Otherwise, once flights / expense / accom has been looked into, count me right in!

Antwerp, you say, Zeno? Bit rude not to.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Great! :D
Ahráyeph wrote:While in the UK, you've got large areas of countryside around cities, this isn't the case over here.
See, Dave :lol:

Meanwhile, I'm working on something to get my parents on a weekend, which would mean we'd have accommodation smack in the middle of Antwerp :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Maybe it's just the Christmas spirit but I am really feelin' the grooviness of this... 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
scotty
Overbomber

I'd love to go :cry:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Words are not enough.....

:notworthy:

Oh and JAMES, I want to see that badge aroond yer neck when you arrive at the gig! ;D

Now, I am thinking about a Flanders All-weekender...
Sadly enough I cannot do much else on Saturday but going to the JH and help out with various logistic tasks and do soundchecks :|

But if there are plans for Sunday or Friday eve, let me know!

And as said: I have two sleeping places for people that like to lie close and cozy.

That FLORENT hotel is indeed nice, and incredibly NEW. I did some conversions for this hotel, as well as the others.

Florent Hotel: 47 pound single room, 60 pound double room. All rooms on basis of Bed and Brekkie. Underground parking costs 6.6 pound.

Hof Van Aragon: the classiest hotel of Lier. They have a lot of different rooms, ranging from 42-62 pounds for single room, and 51-70 pounds for double room.

Handelshof: has 5 cosy and comfortable rooms, with bathroom, colour TV, direct dial telephone. Breakfast room with varied buffet-style breakfast. Prices are 41 pound for single room, 53 pound for double room, bed and brekkie.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy

A temporary colony?
For 8 persons, this one is in CHRISTOPHE-town! ;D

Max 8 people.

290 pounds for the weekend 23 Feb-25 Feb
312 pounds for an L-weekend 23 Feb-26 Feb

Warranty 300 euro, returned after stay.

Bring yer own bedlinen, bathlinen, kitchen towel.

Included in price: cleaning afterwards and gas (no, the other kind).

Electricity 2 pence/kWh.

Garbage bag: a paand a piece.

So that means, when you have 8 people it will cost somewhere in between 40-50 pounds for the '-day (L-weekend) stay...

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

Obviousman wrote:It's easy enough to get to the whole of Belgium from both Charleroi and Zaventem by train, bus or whatever you feel like. Just get in touch with your favourite local HLer and she/he will be glad to help you out ;D

Finally our English brethren will see the advantage of all those Bloody Belgians on this forum! :D

There will always be a HL-friendly in every town you'll end up in. Just say "HeartLand" and he/she will give you a modest meal and a shelter for the night. ;)

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Now, I am thinking about a Flanders All-weekender...
Sadly enough I cannot do much else on Saturday but going to the JH and help out with various logistic tasks and do soundchecks :|

But if there are plans for Sunday or Friday eve, let me know!

IZ.
I'm sure there are enough of us bloody Belgians that will make sure the Mac HL'ers will be occupied while you're being Mr. Rock Star, IZ. ;D In fact, just looking at the enthusiasm of us locals in this thread about our Scottish brethren and sisters coming over, I think they'll have their plates full all weekend and might need to take some days off to recuperate when they're back home again... :lol:
James Blast
Banned

this trip could kill me - FACT!
~ Peter Steele