Andrew-a high society chap?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote: I also think he was a great practical joker:
Section 69 of The Book Of Lies wrote:69

{Kappa-Epsilon-Phi-Alpha-Lambda-Eta Xi-Theta}

THE WAY TO SUCCEED-AND THE WAY TO
SUCK EGGS!
According to Robert A Wilson, this is the most important secret of ceremonial magick.
*sigh* Rest in peace, Pope Bob. But seriously, I can't believe that the news that :von: went to the same school as Uncle Al hasn't been spread around the more excitable members of the fanbase long ago.

The worst thing I can possibly think to say about Crowley is that he inspired many dickweeds, including L. Ron Hubbard.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I think the fact that Von went to the same school as [whoever] has got as much relevance as the fact that I went to the same school as the poet laureate Phillip Larkin, Jerry Dammers from the Specials, and Debee Ashby the Page 3 model. Which is f**k all.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

lazarus corporation wrote:I think the fact that Von went to the same school as [whoever] has got as much relevance as the fact that I went to the same school as the poet laureate Phillip Larkin, Jerry Dammers from the Specials, and Debee Ashby the Page 3 model. Which is f**k all.
They went to school with you Paul, surely? :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

boudicca wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:I think the fact that Von went to the same school as [whoever] has got as much relevance as the fact that I went to the same school as the poet laureate Phillip Larkin, Jerry Dammers from the Specials, and Debee Ashby the Page 3 model. Which is f**k all.
They went to school with you Paul, surely? :innocent:
Well, of course. But I try to be modest.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

About the only famous alumnus of my school that I can think of is DJ Andy Kershaw. Who of course has a Sisters link because when he was ents secretary at Leeds Uni he refused to put the girls on because he didn't like them, apparently.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

This guy was in my GCSE electronics class.

But our school produced OMD (way before my time), which is far uber that footballing nonsense ;)
Mokarran
Road Kill

Middle class background, undoubtedly, but my how he's tousled that accent. The speaking voice is a sort of plummy, geezerish drawl, with not a little Bowie in there. 'He's a fella, the man who invented himself'....

Mokarran (currently on tour in Ecuador)
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Depends on what you all consider "high society"! He's never been in "Who's Who", not that I can imagine him being willing to be entered, and he's certainly not in DeBrett's or Burke's.
Judging by his age, he was probably lucky enough to catch the last year or so of Grammar education, before Labour abolished it and ensured that all the children of the poor got the same appalling level of education and training for the future. :roll: