Lowlands Invasion 13th - 16th... Surrender now or perish!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I will be on the Friday do, but it will only be a brief appearance.

My bro-in-law 's getting married the day after, so better have a clear head in the morning ;D

So no Lowlands for me, for the obvious reason of attending the marriage do on April 14.

I will be suitably dressed tho ;)

Still don't know if Samwise the Great will attend Friday Bash, I see him tomorrow on rehearsal, will ask him then...

IZ.
Good one Iz... will be nice to see you even if you can't ascend to quite the level of debauchery that the rest of us may or may not! :eek: :lol: :twisted:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
christophe
Overbomber

No worries, we have it all under control. (for now) 8)
I've been Googling "piano bar Amsterdam"... though I fear that we might get an entirely different kind of establishment in that city...
So I ironed my tuxedo for nothing? :(
Another Shade of You.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

christophe wrote:So I ironed my tuxedo for nothing? :(
:lol: :lol: STRIJK! :lol: :lol:

I think you'd look very suave in your tux... in fact I strongly suggest you wear it all weekend! ;D :wink:

It will make it a hell of a lot easier for me to find you outside the airport! :lol:
christophe
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
christophe wrote:So I ironed my tuxedo for nothing? :(
:lol: :lol: STRIJK! :lol: :lol:

I think you'd look very suave in your tux... in fact I strongly suggest you wear it all weekend! ;D :wink:

It will make it a hell of a lot easier for me to find you outside the airport! :lol:
no, you wouldn’t be able to pick me out in the midst of all those businesspeople with there expensive suits. :wink:
Another Shade of You.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Oh I think I would :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Can one of you loverbirds point out an exact location for the Friday do yet?

Or, if ARF finds some spare time in between binges, can he enlighten us as to which booze-place will be Ground Zero then? ;D

Also an approximate time would be nice, together with a suggestion for a birthday pressie ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
christophe
Overbomber

It was on "de oude markt", near the "rock café"

edit...
Café 33
Another Shade of You.
Izzy HaveMercy

christophe wrote:It was on "de oude markt", near the "rock café"

edit...
Café 33
Tenk joe! ;D

IZ.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

edit...
Café 33
Is this the one we were in last time with the great music (they played Fad Gadget I mean WTF! :notworthy: :eek: )... the one where Andrew was singing along to Bauhaus - "She's In Panties"... :innocent: :lol: :lol: :lol:

? ? ?
christophe
Overbomber

I'm not sure actually :roll: it is there somewhere....
Another Shade of You.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

All I want is a hands up as to who is going to be sleeping here on Saturday?

And so far just christophe is a definate. So please let me know soonish so that I can make plans to kick the kids out for the night! :twisted:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Oh and Claire, you do realize that the title of this thread is going to confuse the crap out of Planet Dave! :twisted: :lol:
that ongoing eternity
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:

edit...
Café 33
Is this the one we were in last time with the great music (they played Fad Gadget I mean WTF! :notworthy: :eek: )... the one where Andrew was singing along to Bauhaus - "She's In Panties"... :innocent: :lol: :lol: :lol:

? ? ?
No, that was the 'Charlatan' across from 33. But since there will be a 'New Wave' Party at 33 that Friday, the music will be much the same. So more Fad Gadget to look forward to, rest assured. The only thing we'll have to forego is the pleasure of Andrew singing along with Bauhaus. But then, we've got you for step in for him, don't we... ;D
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote:All I want is a hands up as to who is going to be sleeping here on Saturday?

And so far just christophe is a definate. So please let me know soonish so that I can make plans to kick the kids out for the night! :twisted:
Libby and Joery raise their hands and so are Zeno and Claire :D

I hope it won't be a problem, such a crowded house :?

Thanks in advance for the kind offer :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

libby wrote: Libby and Joery raise their hands and so are Zeno and Claire :D

I hope it won't be a problem, such a crowded house :?

Thanks in advance for the kind offer :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy:
Not a problem or else the offer wouldn't be there! :wink:
We are all small enough to fit quite well but to make it a bit more comfy I need you to bring two pillows with you please.

You are welcome :kiss: and any new hands must also please bring a sleeping bag & own pillow.
that ongoing eternity
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Can one of you loverbirds point out an exact location for the Friday do yet?

Or, if ARF finds some spare time in between binges, can he enlighten us as to which booze-place will be Ground Zero then? ;D

Also an approximate time would be nice, together with a suggestion for a birthday pressie ;)

IZ.
Well, you ken about 33 already. Time : approximately around 9:30- ish in the pm, so as to make sure we've got plenty of sitting space to ourselves, and NO PRESSIES!!! It's NOT my birthday that day and I don't celebrate it on the day it is anyway. It's just an excuse for me to get some people I like in the same place and have fun, drinks and good music, 's all...

P.S.: Yes, I know, I'm catching up. Now if only I could remember what the hell I was doing last week that got in the way of posting... ;D
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

MadameButterfly wrote:Oh and Claire, you do realize that the title of this thread is going to confuse the crap out of Planet Dave! :twisted: :lol:
s**t! Is the festival this weekend??? s**t!!!!!!!!

(so easily confused, as you well know :oops: :innocent: )
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Planet Dave wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Oh and Claire, you do realize that the title of this thread is going to confuse the crap out of Planet Dave! :twisted: :lol:

:twisted: Good mornin' mr. Planet!
Yeah! Better get ya arse moving! :twisted:
that ongoing eternity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

MadameButterfly wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:

But I thought I was seeingLaibach this weekend in Leeds, no sorry Castleford, but it must be Lowlands. HELLLLLLPPPPPP. :lol:

Hope you all have a thoroughly stonking time folks 8) :notworthy: Yet again I'm pissed off about how fcuked my finances are. And August is such a long way off, in more ways than my brain can deal with.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

libby wrote:Libby and Joery raise their hands and so are Zeno and Claire :D
Thanks for raising my hand :lol:

And thanks to Debs & Jos in advance for your hospitality :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Will bring sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping mat and whatever I come across and see fit for bringing along :lol:

Will have a drink (or two, or three, or ... :lol:) for you too Dave, if you'd like us to :wink: :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Obviousman wrote: Will have a drink (or two, or three, or ... :lol:) for you too Dave, if you'd like us to :wink: :D
:lol: :notworthy: keep counting Zeno... :wink: :twisted:

A word of warning from a mate to a mate - watch out for Sedean. :wink: :notworthy: She's a livewire. 8)
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Can one of you loverbirds point out an exact location for the Friday do yet?

IZ.
Well, you ken about 33 already. Time : approximately around 9:30- ish in the pm, so as to make sure we've got plenty of sitting space to ourselves, and NO PRESSIES!!! It's NOT my birthday that day and I don't celebrate it on the day it is anyway. It's just an excuse for me to get some people I like in the same place and have fun, drinks and good music, 's all...

P.S.: Yes, I know, I'm catching up. Now if only I could remember what the hell I was doing last week that got in the way of posting... ;D
Duly noted. Tho the 'No Pressies' is not really something for YOU to decide :twisted:, I can always bring something under the moniker of 'just a gift'. And I really cannot see you throw away a 3 litre bottle of Duvel without tearing your heart in twine! ;D

BTW, we have my new jobbie to celebrate as well, so be prepared...

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

Woo Hoo Iz! :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:Woo Hoo Iz! :D
For obvious reasons, see the SHT thread :D

IZ.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
Planet Dave wrote: s**t! Is the festival this weekend??? s**t!!!!!!!!

But I thought I was seeingLaibach this weekend in Leeds, no sorry Castleford, but it must be Lowlands. HELLLLLLPPPPPP. :lol:
:lol: I did think of this when I started the thread actually... it would be reet lovely if you were coming Dave, and if it was Laibach that were playing in Amsterdam rather than Van Der Snore Generator :twisted: :innocent: