Who sings on Rain From Heaven

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Do we really need to have a James Ray Bashing thread? I think Not.

Go and listen to third generation.

then you know why we are fans.
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

Quiff Boy wrote:in this case, respect doesnt neccessarily have anything to do with an individual's creative input into any given band. its about how that person conducts themself, both privately and professionally.
i'm not denying the likelyhood that everyone has their own agenda, but its how certain individuals choose to exploit people's good natures in fulfulling their agenda that seems to be the main issue people are referring to ;)
LOL!

The answer to the question is Lucas Fox.

quote EMWK
4080 peru was conceptual bobbins -in itself no different from any art but misdirected as rock music, a criticism which a professional musician/artist should have taken in better spirit-;

4080peru T-SHIRT reads....'f**k ROCK & ROLL THIS IS ART' .... I couldn't care who likes or dislikes it.

let's just say all is not as it may first appear with sister ray.

Really. Such as?
Last edited by JAMES RAY on 05 May 2007, 03:27, edited 2 times in total.
I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:D If this really is the man, I'm very glad to hear it!
It's good to be back
Dark
Underneath the Rock

This is actually James Ray.

And totally agree with allfear regarding Third Generation. Tierkreis were once going to cover a track off that.. got permission and everything.. but that never saw the light of day. May still redo it one day, but...
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

Dark wrote:This is actually James Ray.

And totally agree with allfear regarding Third Generation. Tierkreis were once going to cover a track off that.. got permission and everything.. but that never saw the light of day. May still redo it one day, but...
You carry on.
I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i like 4080 peru. And 'misdirected'? Exactly by whose standards? What standards? What if 4080 peru doesn't adhere to such standards as would define it misdirected?

f**k standards and frameworks.

But it is rather laughable. Same people complain about JR as worship the ground Gary Marx walks on, and what has he done lately? Well, he is attempting to do the same songs he wrote in the 80s. Except that now they sound like he's really trying hard (and btw, i prefer 85 gigs without Marx, the sound of the band is actually better on the mainland tour). That's standards and frameworks for you. And some ppl complain that Eldritch has moved on and doesn't wanna do the same heartless crap. Beautiful.

And what one's contribution to Sisters is is hardly ANY sort of validation of one's significance or lack thereof. Same goes for Andrew.

Oh f**k it all.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
taylor
Slight Overbomber

sincerely I loved in depth all projects from James Ray
find amazing in studio as amazing live
now Im waiting the new album, due soon I hope
radiojamaica
Overbomber

taylor wrote:sincerely I loved in depth all projects from James Ray
find amazing in studio as amazing live
now Im waiting the new album, due soon I hope
I second that emotion :notworthy:

For me a top 3 is like this:
1. the Longfolk
2. the Performance
3. Gangwar
in dub we trust
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

JAMES RAY wrote:
quote EMWK

let's just say all is not as it may first appear with sister ray.

Really. Such as?
i got nothing to say i ain't said before...if you get my meaning. :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

itnAklipse wrote:i like 4080 peru. And 'misdirected'? Exactly by whose standards? What standards? What if 4080 peru doesn't adhere to such standards as would define it misdirected?

f**k standards and frameworks.

JAMES RAY wrote:4080peru T-SHIRT reads....'f**k ROCK & ROLL THIS IS ART'
i didn't see the t-shirt, so my mistake; however i see my description of 4080 peru as art rather than rock music agrees with that of it's creator....so get off your high-horse dei. :roll:

Tidal

sorry for thread necro... I just had to look back at this.

I realise while reading this thread that indeed I was a lot more uninitiated in the ways of Heartland... it really IS something you have to learn. All those cryptic and hypocrit people :roll:

If James here is to be believed then not only can we state that
-Lucas Fox did the vocals on Rain From Heaven
but also that
-Lucas Fox was not just another yes-man, but didactually contribute to the album. In his way.
Still no answer to the Colours controversy though.

Is there even a booklet in Gift?! :?
It's good to be back
robertzombie
Overbomber

I don't own Gift but AFAIK the CD doesn't have a booklet (just a double-sided print), not sure about the vinyl though.
Syberberg

robertzombie wrote:I don't own Gift but AFAIK the CD doesn't have a booklet (just a double-sided print), not sure about the vinyl though.
I don't have the CD, but have got the vinyl and cassette, but both are just as enigmatic as each other, so I doubt the CD will be any different.

Hope that helps,
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

allfear wrote:Go and listen to third generation.

then you know why we are fans.
I'll admit I'd never heard of him until :von: promoted Dios Esta in UTR. However since then I've listened to his stuff and I likes. Specially Dustboat.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
doctoravalanche

Syberberg wrote:I don't have the CD, but have got the vinyl and cassette, but both are just as enigmatic as each other, so I doubt the CD will be any different
Yes indeed, there are no more information on who does what ...

And I have a maximum respect for James Ray, I really love most of the projects he did because they are originals and don't sound like a copy of something else. He is a new kind of musician (and not assassin) ;)
The Green Lantern

Tidal wrote:If James here is to be believed then not only can we state that
but also that
-Lucas Fox was not just another yes-man, but didactually contribute to the album. In his way.
I hate to sound like a schmuck, but we have actually stated that before. I think we do every third year or so. Sorry for the rain on your parade.
Tidal

The difference here is that a former member of The Sisterhood actually confirmed it. :wink:
That's about as close to a fact as we can get- only asking Lucas personally would make any difference...
It's good to be back
paul
Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:
Tidal wrote:If James here is to be believed then not only can we state that
but also that
I hate to sound like a schmuck, but we have actually stated that before. I think we do every third year or so. Sorry for the rain on your parade.
:notworthy:
scotty
Overbomber

Some of you really need to get out more :lol: :lol: :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
paul
Overbomber

scotty wrote:Some of you really need to get out more :lol: :lol: :lol:
I go to sisters gigs sometimes :wink:
pikkrong
Overbomber

paul wrote:
I go to sisters gigs sometimes :wink:
I have noticed :innocent:
SomeKindOfStranger

lol.
deadagain
Banned

markfiend wrote:All I'm trying to say is that in all likelihood no Sisters fan would give a flying f*ck about James Ray if it wasn't for his connection with the band. And OK, I guess the same could be said about Chris, Adam, Mike, and any number of people who have been involved over the years.

Meh, I'm not such a big fan of the guy's music, that's all. I guess I could have worded things better.
I utterly adore the songs Dustboat and Texas - admittedly I got the first few singles cos they were on Merciful Release, but I love em for their own sake, not cos of Eldo's connection. Same goes for Tim Bricheno's CNN/XC-NN - utterly fantastic.

Ermmm, I do actually like early AAE too (not cos of the Mish connection, i jus likes em), but then I have often been told I have dire critical faculties...
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
eastmidswhizzkid

deadagain wrote:
Ermmm, I do actually like early AAE too (not cos of the Mish connection, i jus likes em), but then I have often been told I have dire critical faculties...
the first album (vinyl edition-there's a couple of unforgivables snuck onto the cassette) is still wicked, though i never did see why they left "our summer" off of it. and they were very good live. and she was in my top three list of female goth rock stars i'd marry/shag. (the other two were siouxsie and anne-marie, but you knew that already didn't you?)

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Heh. You want to be careful Lee, I said something similar about Julianne on another board once, turned out she was reading it. Was I ever embarrased! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell