have the sisters turned s**t

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I try, man. ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

it all went Pete when Tony James left
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Maisey wrote:OCD = Obsessive compulsive order

Pedant = A pedantic person. Women are still people (last time I checked) and therefore can still be pedants :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

should be ''disorder' love

anyway, yes, they seem to be little more than a pub band now
Goths have feelings too
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oooooo - the OCO - Obsessive Compulsive Order - sweet! I'll have my own minions! LOL! :lol: :twisted: :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

paint it black wrote:anyway, yes, they seem to be little more than a pub band now
Sad but true.

The history of The Sisters seems to consist largely of might-have-beens and wasted opportunities. :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
robertzombie
Overbomber

:(
Badlander
Overbomber

paint it black wrote: anyway, yes, they seem to be little more than a pub band now
No shame in that, or is it ? :innocent:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
czuczu
Overbomber

They haven't turned s**t but he's definitely stagnated and it's all gotten very lazy since 93...

Still a nice day out every now & then, without the need to ruin whole summers :)

(Pub band <= Mish)
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Not sure if I even want to be involved in this thread :evil: It's been almost a year since I joined this forum and I learned a lot about the girls. Up to then I was only interested in the up till FALAA area and some songs of floodland.

While listening to the weeds I got from you nice people :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: I learned to appreciate a lot more that what I used to like. Defineltey a lot of the covers.

The girls are what they are and you just have to take them of leave it. No in between I'm afraid. I like them but then I look at them not as a new wave/goth band but more like a rock circus. ;D ;D
MUSICA È
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote:(Pub band <= Mish)
Possibly. But they're ace live and their set differs from tour-to-tour :wink:
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Sisters of Mercy are not sh*t.
...and I think it is rather sad to see this written on a Sisters forum.

[quote="SINsister"]Oooooo - the OCO - Obsessive Compulsive Order - sweet! I'll have my own minions! quote]

I'm in!! (for shame! :oops: )
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

stefanmoermans wrote:Not sure if I even want to be involved in this thread :evil: It's been almost a year since I joined this forum and I learned a lot about the girls. Up to then I was only interested in the up till FALAA area and some songs of floodland.

While listening to the weeds I got from you nice people :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: I learned to appreciate a lot more that what I used to like. Defineltey a lot of the covers.

The girls are what they are and you just have to take them of leave it. No in between I'm afraid. I like them but then I look at them not as a new wave/goth band but more like a rock circus. ;D ;D
Nice post Stef! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I don't think they could ever be shît really.

BUT

(And it's a big but :lol:) Some of the decisions that Eldritch has made over the years have been a little disappointing, some have seemed downright perverse.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

markfiend wrote: Some of the decisions that Eldritch has made over the years have been a little disappointing
You are certainly right about that!
"as we walk on the floodland"
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hmmm yep, that is true. Bummer isn't it?
We still have the music though! ;)
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
markfiend wrote: Some of the decisions that Eldritch has made over the years have been a little disappointing
You are certainly right about that!
well, why don't we ask him on 7-7-7 in Zottegem :innocent: :innocent: It must be meaning something even to :von:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you hold him oz, I'll tikkle him. Bet you he'll laugh. :innocent: :innocent:
MUSICA È
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I think Floodland was their best, but I agree that the sisters are getting different these days. I just can't see the Sisters as a plain rock band- I think FALAA is what the Sisters were and will always be, but it seems Andrew doesn't agree with me. Such a pity that they broke up, and true- Andrew's voice is getting f*cked up, I liked it best during FALAA...

I think they should not make another rock album. This new thing theyre working on with C&B and all that stuff may be good music, but it's sooo not the Sisters...

I'd wish they would make another FALAA- like album- with their skills having grown over the years and Eldo definately being a good songwriter, I believe they could make a "back-to-the-basics" album, simple drums and guitars, not too much synths, and most of all, cleverly designed music, not cheap loud rock to fool the listener into thinking it's good music.
It's good to be back
Tidal

well, why don't we ask him on 7-7-7 in Zottegem It wasn't me... It wasn't me... It must be meaning something even to Our fearless leader!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If you hold him oz, I'll tikkle him. Bet you he'll laugh. It wasn't me... It wasn't me...
Indeed! Heartland takes over the failing Sisters and fixes it! :lol: :lol:
It's good to be back
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

ok but if you look the other 80's bands, they also changed their music, so why they could not do it :roll:
the sisters of mercy are only :von:
Tidal

sisterstekland wrote:ok but if you look the other 80's bands, they also changed their music, so why could they not do it
I just think it's a pity. But I also think Eldritch doesn't care about making good music (he knows how to, he showed that already :wink:) but wants to express himself and explore his musical bounderies.
It's good to be back
Elfeyth
Road Kill

biggy wrote: First and last and always couldn't match alice, floorshow, anaconda, temple of love, heartland, body electric etc
I agree, sort of. I have always liked the simplicity of the above tracks which remind me of wading about near a smoke machine in a big black space. 8) Though I think there are some total highlights on other albums (Nine While Nine, Lucretia etc. etc.) and of course fab lyrics.
LOVE the Sisters, love FISH x X x
mh
Above the Chemist

Wouldn't call them shit, but certainly different. Interestingly enough, to me a lot of the "new" stuff sounds like a return to the FALAA style, but maybe not as overtly commercial.

There's a definite case to be made for arguing that the lack of releases means that we haven't really had a coherent evolution in style to be able to trace.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
GC
Slight Overbomber

I would 'nt say their s**t now, but let's be honest, would this forum exist if Floodland was their first CD.
I like the music of The Sisters now but would I if this was their only output. Pre 1987 is what made them The Sisters we all love and obsess over.

(and if anyone says anything contrary their lying or brownnosing AE - so there)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Gollum's Cock wrote:I would 'nt say their s**t now, but let's be honest, would this forum exist if Floodland was their first CD.
I like the music of The Sisters now but would I if this was their only output. Pre 1987 is what made them The Sisters we all love and obsess over.

(and if anyone says anything contrary their lying or brownnosing AE - so there)
Sorry, but I beg to differ there, sir. Floodland was the first TSoM material I heard, and only because KROQ in L.A. (where I lived for part of 1988) had "This Corrosion" in heavy rotation. I'd never heard anything of theirs before; actually, it was the first time I'd even heard of *them*! I discovered the pre-'87 stuff much later. No brown-nosing or lying here, I'm afraid - I don't do that kind of crap, anyway. So pfffffffffffffffft to you. :lol: :P :wink:
keith's dad
Road Kill

i saw them 1st on the black oct tour, they had power and style but now they are just a 3rd rate rock band, the reason i started this thread was because to me they were one of the best bands ever and i feel sad at what they have become , now i don't want to unset any body but what i saw on the last tour just didn't do it for me. If i wanted to see that sort of gig i could have seen towers of london for 4 quid, i wanted to see some of the old black magic but it never happened
Bradford Massive