lorca review

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote: did you recorded it? :eek:
no,not by my 100th gig.

But it was recorded from :innocent:
266 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Baltimore
Philadelphia
New York City
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

[quote="lachert"]
Eggi1, thanks for first media from gig :D
quote]

here the first video:

a part from Will I Dream(2:37 min-25,89 mb-AVI)
Recorded with a canon PowerShot A95
Sound:bad Picture:ok(shaky)

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=5C28FDC7

Crash & Burn Part I(3:00 min-33,26 mb-AVI)

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=NV1XH4I2

Crash & Burn Part II(1:01 min-8,21 mb-AVI)

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=A39V4GO0
Last edited by Eggi1 on 04 Jun 2007, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
266 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Baltimore
Philadelphia
New York City
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

For me the sound was ok, not the best i had heard. i was not standing in the front, but very good in the middleof the stage in front of the mixingdesk. for me the main problem is, for about a few years, tha the soundman is an ebm musician and he should switch from Pitchfork (BASS & synth) to the wonderful guitar sounds of the sisters. for me i cannot understand why he is still with them.
sorry about my mistakes and missing words. my 15 hours journey from lorca back home was a bit toooo much, i guess or some of the litres of beer were warm . ;D

ps.: CHEERS to Simon, it was a great pleasure to meet you there at that special day
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

jay wrote:Sounds like it was great then
that's what i thought :lol:
guns & cars & accidents
lachert
Overbomber

about setlist.
i count only two gigs in 2006 with falaa, vision, and this corrosion, so not so bad. most annoying is missing romeo down and still no sign of body electric, logic, marian and the new one :?
long live rock'n'roll
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

sicerilly I can´t belive what i´ve read

von´s vocals in top ... i should go to the doctor right now

I DO RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS BUT BE MORE OBJETIVE! I HATE TO DO A REVIEW AS THE ONE I DID ....

if you heard the sound of the other bands comparing whit the sisters sound
you´d understand me

a few pics here in that spanish forum:
http://www.sonido90.com/index2/viewtopi ... art=40pics(scrool down)
Last edited by dtsom on 04 Jun 2007, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

My two cents...

I was realy looking forward to the gig. As Diego said, the sound from the previous bands was incredibly good (A pity the bands were absolute crap, though!)

We arrived about halfway of the Stranglers show, and it was really good. I still don't quite like gigs when it's still light, though. But they were great.

And then... I'll spare you my thoughts on Suicidal Tendencies and Dark tranquility. I was having a beer at some bar across the road, and still had to suffer them...

Anyway. Sisters about to begin, full liter of beer ready... let's push our way a bit to the front.

I love the Sisters. The setlist was absolutely great (same old great stuff, as Eva said. But real good). But that was all. Technical problems or not, the thing is that it was only they sounding so bad.

It looked to me that they didn't much care. I thought taht Von had a job to do, and he was just doing it, without much feeling. Reading Eva's review, maybe I was wrong. I hope I was.

From where I was, I saw no movement in the crowd. Actually, each time I jumped a guy to my right looked at me as if I was nuts. Thank God, he went away after a while. Reminded me of the last time they played in Oporto (when was that? when we had all that mess with Phantom Vision?). People were standing around like trees. Someone at my back kept shouting "que no se oye" ("can't hear you") during the first 3 or 4 songs. I agreed with him.

In any case, I went there to have a good time, and I did. Not my best show, probably the worst (I've only seen them 5 times, though). But still a Sisters gig.

OH, and by the way... Manson sounded great, and his show was really good. Which was a surprise, because I've never liked him.

Eva, Diego and Domingo, good meeting you. Next time we owe ourselves a couble of beers... And Simon, I know you're p`robably not around, but just in case... ;-)

As someone has said, it can only get better...

Ganith
Human stupidity knows no limits.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Haha, that must be a joke of the day. Sisters look like they have a job to do but Manson looks really good?

Now let me laugh in peace. :lol:

i guess that's a score for ZOG.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

itnAklipse wrote:Haha, that must be a joke of the day. Sisters look like they have a job to do but Manson looks really good?
I thought it pretty sad, yes.

Ganith

PS.- OH, and Pikkrong, I never even heard your name for Suicidal's noise, but Hi also!

I wore my HL Tee, so I was easy to recognize... ;-p
xray999
Road Kill

Ganith wrote:I wore my HL Tee, so I was easy to recognize... ;-p
where you the girl we seen in the restaurant near the festivalarea after suicidal?

cheers
xray
In the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds:
Fire, walk with me
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

That must have been me, yes! :D

Ganith
jenzi-benzi

Hehehe we are the guys (not the one on my avatar) sitting there for a long time eating and drinking very very cheap meal :innocent:

But you didint look like your avatar ;D (forgive me i havent had any sleep since....)
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Ganith wrote:
We arrived about halfway of the Stranglers show, and it was really good. I still don't quite like gigs when it's still light, though. But they were great.

Ganith
Dear Ganith, how did you rate the Stranglers to the Sisters [out of 10]

Seeing the Stranglers last night I thought they were really tight and had a great sound. Sadly, i thought the Sisters would have looked very ordinary up against them :?

you can help me to decide over Germany and.or Belgium :D
Goths have feelings too
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

Do you always have to ask such difficult questions?

If you want an unbiased opinion, don't ask me! Stranglers sound was way better, but you know, the sisters are the sisters...

My BF and my brother (who are not into the sisters) say that the stranglers were the best of the day...

I can help you decide quite easily, though... Wherever _Emma_ is going!! And if you two go to the same one, I may even be tempted... let me check my bank account! Donations anybody?

Ganith
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

jenzi-benzi wrote: But you didint look like your avatar ;D (forgive me i havent had any sleep since....)
That's because I dyed my hair black... :-p

Ganith
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Probably it has a lot to do also with where you were standing or where I was standing. For me, all the bands I heard during the afternoon (besides Stranglers) were F.A.R. too loud. First time in my life that I wished I had earplugs! I thought the noise was unbearable, even if the bands had been good, which they weren't. I know where I met you, Ganith (hi, by the way), if you were staying there during the Sissies show, maybe you were to far left to see the moshpit. I was about the centre of stage, maybe the 5th row from the front. And the moshpit consisted of about 10 to 15 people. But you should have seen the smiles!

Yes, it does seem as if we (those who disagree on the quality of the gig) had been to different shows, and I don't want to say you are wrong or I am wrong. The impressions can differ and maybe the sound was better where I was and maybe a moshpit - feeling people around you enjoy the gig - makes you enjoy the gig more than you would in a crowd of "trees". Anyway, I saw Von smirking at people, which he doesn't at every gig, so he must have had some fun.

And: I didn't expect much. I remembered the gigs in Italy last year, where most of the people didn't get anything of what the Sisters are about now, stood around like columns and complained afterwards about the Sisters not being the goth Overlords anymore. I expected something similar from a crowd of MM fans, who don't have the slightest clue about TSOM. They don't even know them. And I got proven wrong - not by the MM fans probably, but by the fact that there were more native spanish Sisters fans or generally open minded pleople around than I had expected.

The fact though that whoever does the sound engineering for the Sisters does a crap job and should get fired immediately is indisputable. I'd never thought of it like that but now that Jenzi-benzi mentioned it: Yes, you can hear that he's uused to pure electronics, and obviously he can't make neither head nor tail of a guitar.

PS! The Stranglers were great indeed! I wouldn't compare them to the Sisters, but I've seen them the first time and enjoyed their show a lot. And yes, there sound quality was clearer than the Sisters'.
You can't fix stupid.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

EVA why didn´t you expect much????

i expected much more .like lokeren 2005 or other similar but i think nowdays is imposible!!(how i miss the 2005 gigs or 2001 ones)

it seems that you and me were in differents shows. i was 2 songs in the mosh pit then i was in a lot of places looking for a place for hearing better and i could´t find it.( i saw in the mixing desk the guy deseperating and have a strong discussion whit other guy about the sound) and people shouting i can´t hear anything...

in my opinion amsterdam 2003 was quite better than this.

sincerily i´ll always love the sisters but i don´t rely on their gigs.(can go to the next one but not expecting anything)

how i wish that the sisters sound like MM sounded(I HATE MM AND HIS MUSIC AND EVRYTHING THAT INVOLVE HIM BUT YOU LIKE OR NOT .HE SOUNDED MUCH BETTER)

i couldn´t sleep yestarday thinking about zottegem. i spent 300 euros in it and now i don´t know if i should go or not BECAUSE I DON´T EXPECT A GOOD SHOW. SAD REAALY SAD
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
jenzi-benzi

Diego, please do not expect so much of a person that you not even know. I still have the opinion they should try another soundman and those in-ear monitoring. Vons voice wasnt that bad on Saturday.
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

who's the soundman btw?
robertzombie
Overbomber

Someones gran by the sound of it :( :roll:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

it's a kind of offtopic. about "expectations"; well i remember my first and only sisters gig, 2006 big tour blah, blah, i've been read a lot of reviews, compared stelists, and i was thinking, about near future gig i was sure about the setlist of that gig i also knew that setting myself for "big,geat,spectacular show" will be nothig. so i went there and i enjoy of the gig, it was superb,only because i didn't expect anything great of that.
the moral of that is: expect nothing and enjoy . ;D
i hope that someone will understand somethng of that :roll:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

@ Bartoszek: You're a wise person....:D

@ Diego: Besides what I said about my reservations regarding festival crowds I don't know why I didn't expect much. Maybe also because usually I don't enjoy myself if I'm not in the front row. And this time I did enjoy myself despite not being at my usual place.
I just feel sorry that it was such a disapointment for you. Yes, the sound during the MM show was better, but it's not unusual that only the headliner gets decent soundquality. You should have been to the Greenfield festival last year! There the sound was so bad I didn't even recognize certain Sisters songs - Alice for instances. Compared to that desaster the soundquality at the festival in Lorca during the Sisters gig was more than decent. It was far from perfect, yes, but it was good enough.
You can't fix stupid.
lachert
Overbomber

dtsom wrote: I HATE MM AND HIS MUSIC AND EVRYTHING THAT INVOLVE HIM...
you should try bmw films, tony scott episode "beat the devil" with mm, james brown, gary oldman and more. very funny :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
robertzombie
Overbomber

Bartoszek wrote:it's a kind of offtopic. about "expectations"; well i remember my first and only sisters gig, 2006 big tour blah, blah, i've been read a lot of reviews, compared stelists, and i was thinking, about near future gig i was sure about the setlist of that gig i also knew that setting myself for "big,geat,spectacular show" will be nothig. so i went there and i enjoy of the gig, it was superb,only because i didn't expect anything great of that.
the moral of that is: expect nothing and enjoy . ;D
i hope that someone will understand somethng of that :roll:
Surely if you've paid your money to see a band you should expect them to be prepared and ready to put on a good show.
You wouldn't go to a restaurant, pay good money and *hope* that the food will be alright. You expect it to be of some standard.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

expect nothing special,great -whatever- doesn't mean great disaster, it means average- standard (for me) :wink: