Reason to read the Guardian #478,812

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

silentNate wrote:Never got to hear the end of the story so I guess I remain not satisfied :?
Hey, man - I didn't even get to hear the beginning! :eek: :P
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

silentNate wrote:
Dark wrote:Well, if it helps to share, my inbox is only 98% full, so I'll gladly listen. :)
It's taken all week for me to start feeling normal again, so I guess I need to share the karma.
Since I was born, I started to decay... etc :innocent:
Now nothing ever ever goes my way
One fluid gesture
Like stepping back in time
Trapped in amber
Petrified
And still not satisfied

Great live band- better live than on album...

Never got to hear the end of the story so I guess I remain not satisfied :?
If they get a new drummer and start touring again, I'll definitely try and see them. I'm currently in that annoying stage where all I have is a Greatest Hits, and as much as I love it, I can't comment on any of their album tracks. I'm the equivalent of a Sisters fan who only has Overbombing :lol: (though I was one of those too ;))
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The first three Placebo albums are worth getting but Meds was a dreadful album...

Does the Best Of.. have the track Spite & Malice on it? Thats my favourite :notworthy:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Sadly not. Well, I've heard a few good things about Meds, so I may buy it for completism's sake.
James Blast
Banned

yeah, there's nuthin' like owning a pish album by a band you once worshipped, Shuttit! scotty :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Slightly back on topic: It's terribly hard to get your hands on the Guardian here on the continent, so usually get the Independent when I get a British newspaper (which mostly happens when I'm travelling by rail) though I prefer the Guardian as it's closer to my Belgian newspaper of choice, style-wise.

Today they did have yesterday's Guardian for a change, so I know what I'll be reading later on :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr