"We've always done it like that"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

EvilBastard wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:
EvilBastard wrote: And that's only because he fell in the cauldron when he was a baby...
That was Obelix!
Asterix, Obelix - both highly suspect: buff shirtless men with big moustaches, hanging out together all the time, neither of them married - is anyone else thinking that this sort of thing was what Clause 28 was really trying to get at?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

psichonaut wrote:
eotunun wrote:
psichonaut wrote:ROMA CAPUT MUNDI....for you "barbarian" people it means: ROME WORLD CHIEF......
Romans invented "feet", "inches" and streets....you only railroads.....i think they did the greatest part
@ Iz good theory
In german "Kaputt" means broken. I think I found one of the rare hidden truths in my bloody native bloody language..
maybe you don't know that in Italy who wants to study german need to study latin ;D
another thing....for you Iz :lol:
Caput means head or ...eh... capital (city) (see what you Eengleesh did there?), you illiterates. :twisted:

And 6 years of latin makes for a good base to start this kind of threads indeed ;)

Never regretted it, helps me every day!

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy

boudicca wrote:
eotunun wrote:Same arse, oposite buttock.
:P
Er no... Greece gave us Plato, Socrates, Pythagoras, philosophy, democracy (of sorts)... I could go on...

What did Rome give us? Pliny the fcuking Elder and generally making their presence felt where it wasn't wanted. Meh.

I'll grant that their food is better, never liked Greek grub.

:P
Next time you take a dump, think about the Romans, dear... ;) :twisted:

IZ.
psichonaut
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
eotunun wrote: :P
Socrates
Socrates? :eek:
he was brasilian :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote: What did Rome give us?
sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health :lol:

I can't believe no-one had thought of that yet!
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
boudicca wrote: What did Rome give us?
sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health
Yes, but apart from medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health what did the Romans ever do for us? :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Izzy HaveMercy

weebleswobble wrote:what did the Romans ever do for us? :wink:
Apart from the Sax, it made a relationship with a woman more lasting and interesting :twisted:

IZ.