Create your own band and album

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Infamous Lollapalooza darlings Odong Latek unleash another torrent of foul-mouthed, metal-funk-groove mayhem. What could pass for the soundtrack to a depraved 4 am pool party hosted by Marilyn Manson and gatecrashed by Primus and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, this one should be played loud, kids - but wait 'til Mum's gone to the hair dresser!

Track to download: "Sometimes It Is Harder"
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Andie
Overbomber

The Frisian League return to the fray with their sophomore release "you grow old beautifully". After taking a verbal hammering by the Music Press for a lackluster debut, this four piece, from Braintree, have returned with all guns blazing in an effort to Shut.The.f**k.Up. all music journalists. Drawing inspiration from across the spectrum you can only describe this album as INTENSE, MINDBLOWING and downright SCARY. Definitely in a League of their own.
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Little_Sister
Amphetamine Filth

This is the first and probably the last album by Indium Gallium Aluminum Nitride or short IGAN.
The post HID-Area bands hit single "my little light-emitting diode" sold surprisingly more than 2 copies, so they thought the album had chances of commercial success.

Why the band members (all scientist) chose the title: "ask no other blessedness " for the album is still unlear.
made in the 80s
James Blast
Banned

I may cry, you have all done this thread proud :notworthy:

***THIS JUST IN***

Philshil (to his friends) was conceived at some Gladstonedburied Festerval in the mid 70s and it seems like the mud was still in his bones when he made this. If you like Roy Harper and Nick Drake, then avoid this sub-folk twaddle, John Martyn even at his drunkest could fart out a better album. It should have been released in 1993 but has only surfaced now since his Mum, the "celeb chef" of "Old Naked Hippy Bint Goes Wok About With Some Hairy Bykers Ending up At A Cottage Near A River" is the cook du jour on some bollocks cable channel soon to be bought by the BBC with our money. Bastards!

and Bastard Arse! for this album ever existing
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:lol: :lol: :lol: Genius, Unkle Jam~es!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eotunun
Overbomber

Stealth Roller coaster:
The latest release of 'The Artist Preferably Known As 'Who?" is yet another milestone in the history of grind ambient. TAkPAW* on his inspiration: "I wanted to give an audial picture of a day in the life of a beggar next to a construcion site." Attacked for his policy of setting the price for this release ("All you have minus 20 cents"), he refuses the accusations of him being greedy.
"With money in your pocket you would't feel the beggar's need, would you?"
The really revolutionary aspect of this mp3 album with a total playing time of over ten hours is its intensity of expression. So the drill hammers, grinding machines and "synth mud" (By 'The Artist Preferably Known As 'Who?"s own description) only add to the context, are not the work itself?
"No. You are to feel the album from the minute it is in your hand, and it shall keep you for hours in its grip, if possible for days! It starts way bfore you put it in your stereo. The stereo, as it won't be yours anymore at that point of time."
That he managed.

*This is the evidence that music journalists are lazy and dim! It took a Modgoddess to find that flaw. I am ashamed
Last edited by eotunun on 18 Jan 2008, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
There is shadow under this red rock
Silver_Owl
The Don

eotunun wrote: The latest release of 'The Artist Preferably Known As 'Who?" is yet another milestone in the history of grind ambient. TAKPAW on his inspiration: "I wanted to give an audial picture of a day in the life of a beggar next to a construcion site." Attacked for his policy of setting the price for this release ("All you have minus 20 cents"), he refuses the accusations of him being greedy.
"With money in your pocket you would't feel the beggar's need, would you?"
The really revolutionary aspect of this mp3 album with a total playing time of over ten hours is its intensity of expression. So the drill hammers, grinding machines and "synth mud" (By 'The Artist Preferably Known As 'Who?"s own description) only add to the context, are not the work itself?
"No. You are to feel the album from the minute it is in your hand, and it shall keep you for hours in its grip, if possible for days! It starts way bfore you put it in your stereo. The stereo, as it won't be yours anymore at that point of time."
That he managed.
Well, I'll buy that for a $. :wink: It sounds awesome.... :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

sorry Claireypie but a Kraut has outBlaasted me this time :(

Sinnie's is still my tops too, I'd like more info on this combo, Wreckless...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

James, that was a "big pile of nonsense"-job, no one beats me there! (And, no, I didn't Blaast! anyone out. :wink:)
James Blast
Banned

beg to differ
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Leading the field in the post-Slint post-rock post-consciousness, Riverbank State Park return with this, their 17th album in 9 years. Band leader and vocalist Mark Wyjoczklty (who also plays all instruments, aside from drums) crafts an aural sculpture as steely and cold as a cold steel bathtub, while Steve Albini's production is characteristically dry as a bone. Described as a personal odyssey through the emotional landscapes of the 21st century American mid-west, the 23 songs on side 1 document the collapse of trust in the modern age in a harrowing 15 minutes. The remaining song on the album, the 63 minute instrumental "Bombie the Zombie", which stretches over sides 2, 3 and 4 (with the final part of it being included on a 7" single contained only in a special limited pressing of the first 1000 LPs) chronicles the aftermath of the post-industrial mind, a world in which individuality is suppressed in favour of the new hive mentality.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

Feck!

beat that... mind you... Red House Painters... I said Nowt! :lol:
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

@ mh: ROFL! :lol: :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

This thread should be called "Currently pretending to listen to"
:lol: :lol:
@mh
Priceless :notworthy: :notworthy:

Seems we have a lot of closet music journalists in our midst. :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Big Si
School Bully

Cinnamon-bellied Ground-tyrant - ...the urge to conquer poland

"It just goes to show that 2488 Goths can be wrong. Currently masquerading as the lead singer of touring beat combo The Sisters of Mercy, Andrew Eldritch returns with this long awaited follow up to his mid 1990's release SSV ("Screwshareholdervalue"), featuring the production talents of the mighty nu-Techno uber-Deutsche stalwarts "Scooter", Eldritch presents his post modern thesis on the resurgence of Eastern European Geo-Politik and it's role in a New Europe of Cross Border Fraternization. At a running length of 79 minutes, this 12 track release* is coming to an Elevator or Clothes shop near you!"

Listener Comments

"Korin" of Lincoln - 'This is fantastic! SSV was one of my favourite albums and to do a follow up is just beyond my wildest expectations. Can I interest you in a CDr from my own label?'

"James Blast" of Glasgow - 'It's s**t!'

*Ltd Edition copies feature Scooter's version of the SOM classic Marian, and are available on Neon Blue vinyl
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

Big Si wrote:
Listener Comments

"Korin" of Lincoln - 'This is fantastic! SSV was one of my favourite albums and to do a follow up is just beyond my wildest expectations. Can I interest you in a CDr from my own label?'

"James Blast" of Glasgow - 'It's s**t!'

*Ltd Edition copies feature Scooter's version of the SOM classic Marian, and are available on Neon Blue vinyl
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread of the year thus far, I reckon. You're all geniuses.

Genii? :innocent:
mh
Above the Chemist

1990 anyone?

Inspired by the Cocteau Twins, Polar Cyclone shine on this, their debut 4 track EP, out now on 4AD. Guitarist Tarquin peers from behind his floppy fringe at your bemused interviewer, mumbling something incoherently, before shuffling off, frantically staring at his feet to make sure he doesn't trip himself up over them. Bassist Quentin sits broodily, a man obsessed with his own thoughts. Drummer Boz stares wildly around, his eyes on stalks, as if he's only after realising that he might have joined the wrong band. Meanwhile, vocalist Amelia discusses her craft. "I just sing whatever comes into my mind", she says, as is evident on tracks such as "Icky Wicky Boo Bah Thump". Catch this band before they sign to a major and split up while touring America!
Last edited by mh on 19 Jan 2008, 16:23, edited 2 times in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eotunun
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:"James Blast" of Glasgow - 'It's s**t!'
"Artwank!" would have sounded more authentic, if you ask me.. :innocent:
Love this thread already..
Last edited by eotunun on 19 Jan 2008, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Pista
Cureboi

After his acrimonious split from Latin jazz legends El Polaco, Roberto Goyeneche brings us I Always Found Them.
And his ex-bandmates will probably be a little peeved at letting him out of their clutches so easily.
With silvery strings swooshing over tracks such as "I Always Found Them" & the incessant percussive noise that is "Things That Matter", Roberto is taking it to them for sure.
The modern jazz legend may have just been born.
But, as always, Roberto has a surprise up his sleeve with a 20 minute jazz oddessy version of the timeless Sisters Of Mercy classic, "Never Land".
Hotly tipped to be the first single from the album with rumours abound that it will be backed by an accapello version of his heroes' other classic, "You Could Be The One".
Simply stuffing it to the miserable goits in El Polaco (the cnuts).
Long may he continue to honour the memory of late 80's Goth in his own inimitable way.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

Beautiful Steve, just beautiful! :lol: :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

@Michael.

Coffee/keyboard

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Lyrics of this band are inspired by 11th Century Kashmir poet from who they take the band name. music is mix of traditional India music and sth. between Cocteau Twins, Echo and Bunymen, Jesus and Mary Chains with industrial and psychedelic music.
this album is their 3rd lp.

great fun ! :notworthy:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

mh wrote:"Icky Wicky Boo Bah Thump"
:lol: The best Twins song title that never was! :notworthy:
Silver_Owl
The Don

What a strange coincidence :!:
Hard core techno trash jazz outfit return to form with this compilation of jolly sing-a-long dance tunes.
One to watch rocketing up the charts: You could the Ohm.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.