Heartland meet up - Manchester - October 2008

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

*cries*
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

oh dear

*hugs you*

it's only in october sweetie...
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

blummin 'eck! killing joke. dammit. we were going to try and get to that too... didnt realise it was the same weekend :urff: :| oh well :lol:

so, do many people think they will be able to come for the friday and/or sunday too?

there's quite a good night called 'midlife crisis' which is on the friday, the night before sin - its only been going a couple of months so who knows what will be happening with it by october, but we've enjoyed it so far. we could invade that if its still around then :)

likewise, if people will be around for the sunday evening there are a few options for a nice pint in a pub, and depending on which pub we choose, they might have a dj we can harass into playing some of our tunes 8)

it all depends on whether people will be around for the whole weekend of just the saturday.

i'll see what i can sort out.

cheers snowey (damn you!) :roll: :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

Killing Joke are doing two nights - the Friday and the Sat
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'll just say the one word that will make sure I won't be watching KJ ...."London"

It's so fookin expensive. I have a mate who lives 40 miles away from London and it's cheaper for him and his better half to fly to Berlin to watch KJ there. Tickets for the Berlin show are only 15 euros and I think the London ones are £20?? Rip off england.
Debaser
Overbomber

snowey wrote:I'll just say the one word that will make sure I won't be watching KJ ...."London"

It's so fookin expensive. I have a mate who lives 40 miles away from London and it's cheaper for him and his better half to fly to Berlin to watch KJ there. Tickets for the Berlin show are only 15 euros and I think the London ones are £20?? Rip off england.
Aye that's true but I can't get there in time for any of them - 60 days holiday a year but I can't choose when to have them :innocent:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I'll give it some thought, looking forward to seeing mh in May and plans for Amsterdam are now tentative.

Heartland has been a great place for me but I'm not sure if I'm going to be around much anymore :|
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

weebleswobble wrote:plans for Amsterdam are now tentative.

Heartland has been a great place for me but I'm not sure if I'm going to be around much anymore :|
:( WTF is going on? I'm now really starting to worry :|
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah, me too?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Er, not liking the way things are going here...

I was tempted to ask about Friday, I'd probably stay the Fri/Sat nights, and maybe push off late Sunday or stick around, and cop Monday off work.

Basically, once I get started, it's damn hard to get me to stop.

So to speak.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Is there something bad going on then? I can't say I've noticed if there are "issues" to be honest.

Anyhoo, regarding the meet it's far enough in advance to book enough time to go to all three nights or at least the saturday and one of the others and there's plenty of time to get money together.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

weebleswobble wrote:I'll give it some thought, looking forward to seeing mh in May and plans for Amsterdam are now tentative.

everything ok weebs? :o
mh
Above the Chemist

weebs? Ye canna be doing this if I'm gonna be buying you beer.

If you need a break though, that's cool.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Okay here goes as you lot are as worried as I am...

After seeing his post I texted my buddy (weebies) and he said he's not okay but doesn't want to talk about it yet...

Give him time folks I would think. Send out strength vibes though!
that ongoing eternity
scotty
Overbomber

I'm still waiting on a TXT.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

He came in here today scotty so I'm sure knowing Weebs he'll come back.

In difficult times most of us leave this place for awhile to sort things in real life but true cyber friends come back...

I've got a list going of people going through a dip in their lives and know from experience you need time alone to sort things out. We love and miss them all but friends are here through all the times and when some are weak others are stronger and that helps in life as we shall all learn.
that ongoing eternity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

MadameButterfly wrote:He came in here today scotty so I'm sure knowing Weebs he'll come back.

In difficult times most of us leave this place for awhile to sort things in real life but true cyber friends come back...

I've got a list going of people going through a dip in their lives and know from experience you need time alone to sort things out. We love and miss them all but friends are here through all the times and when some are weak others are stronger and that helps in life as we shall all learn.
nicely put, mb :notworthy:

online communities are strange beasts. they can be very immersive if you let them, but its important to maintain a balance between the real world and the online one :)

one of the things i'm proud of about HL is the way we have all created an open door policy... you'refree to wander in and stay for a while, and you're every bit as free to pop out for a while, for a fag break or whatever :lol:

and the door stays open, should you need to come back inside from the cold once in a while ;)

all the best, weebs.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I like the last two posts :notworthy:

Hoping for all the best weebs, crossing fingers for you!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:oops: (seriously boss!)

Anyhoo...update from weebies...he will be taking a break soon from work and what not so will grace us with his presence in the wee hours when he feels like it! :wink: :notworthy:

When he sees this guy 'n gals he may shed a tear so be gentle with him and Planet Dave! you check PM's and get your ass on here too soon!
Love to you both! See ya both in A'dam! 8) *pressure=gone!*

xxx
that ongoing eternity
mh
Above the Chemist

Cheers, good to hear! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Call me no longer MB but HL's PA! :wink:

I don't come cheap I tell thee!
that ongoing eternity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol: :D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:eek: then "phew!"
Can't add to what's been said here.

Personally when it comes to people taking a sabbatical (extended or otherwise) from HL... it always makes me sad but what matters most is that true friends, if they have been made, stay friends. Whether this place is used as a virtual pub to have a drink in or not is a side issue really.

:kiss: Weebs. Hope whatever's troubling you sorts itself out, I really do.

Love, the Big Wumman ;D
xxx
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Back to the matter of the meet... book it Libby! If you book it, they will come ;D

I expect to see hunners of you there, if not I'm sure Quiff Boy will allow me to PUNISH you all SEVERELY! :twisted:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Back to the matter of the meet... book it Libby! If you book it, they will come ;D
Me? Sorry I always get confused a bit now as there is someone with a username "Libby"! :oops:

If you meant me, I shall book time off when I see more definate yesses from people! Didn't get to speak to everyone enough (especially Claire) at the Violets gig due to having 15,000 cousins there who I hadn't seen for a very long time, though there will be no distractions this time!