Looking for 2003

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

On the subject of Sisters 2003 shows, does anyone have a video or DVD of the London shows they'd like to trade? I've a fair list of vids and CDs but probably nothing you haven't all got. Anyway, if you have, let me know. Cheers.

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Dan
Overbomber

Is the London video any good though?
I gave up collecting Sisters videos (and even gave some away) cos theyre almost all terrible - dry ice so you can't see a thing, and camera operated by a blind chimp wearing boxing gloves.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

It's good to see that people are employing these chimps.

After years of underground boxing matches (now thankfully banned), the cranial damage sustained from the many "anything goes' bouts (usually going to 12 rounds) has left many of them with permanent physical and mental injuries. I glad to see that these forgotten heros are being helped back into the workplace and given hope for the future.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
hallucienate
Overbomber

CellThree wrote:It's good to see that people are employing these chimps.

After years of underground boxing matches (now thankfully banned), the cranial damage sustained from the many "anything goes' bouts (usually going to 12 rounds) has left many of them with permanent physical and mental injuries. I glad to see that these forgotten heros are being helped back into the workplace and given hope for the future.
:notworthy: ;D :lol:
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

and strangely enough :

http://freespace.virgin.net/michelle.br ... Boxing.htm

:eek:

See? Told ya :urff:
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Dan,

fair question, but have you not seen the Astoria 01 shows? Probably the best boot vid available, and a new one.

But it's a fair point, Amsterdam would've made a good vid (cos you could see) and Leeds1 would not.

Anyway, I'll take the lack of response as a 'no'.

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Dan
Overbomber

Dave Whelan wrote:Dan,

fair question, but have you not seen the Astoria 01 shows? Probably the best boot vid available, and a new one.

But it's a fair point, Amsterdam would've made a good vid (cos you could see) and Leeds1 would not.

Anyway, I'll take the lack of response as a 'no'.

Dave
No, I haven't seen that one.
Yeh a Leeds vid would have been sh!te. After noticing the lack of security on the 1st night I had considered videoing the 2nd night, but reasoned that if I could see f*ck all myself what chance would a camera have.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

What I'd be very interested to see (in terms of sisters web-support) is some ratings for both audio bootlegs and video bootlegs. I've seen peoples expansive lists with their "I just trade, and don't sell things", but there's very little info about the actual bootlegs themselves. Theres a great Nine inch nails one somewhere with the CDs rated for quality, gig, sound, etc.

Mind you, thats a big ask. Plus you'd need someone with the time, the ability, the boots themselves, etc. Although, it could be run on a "submission" type basis. Whether it would be monitiored or not I don't know.... Very subjective as well, plus you'd get the bootleggers themsel;ves giving rave reviews.

Bah.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Jim wrote:What I'd be very interested to see (in terms of sisters web-support) is some ratings for both audio bootlegs and video bootlegs. I've seen peoples expansive lists with their "I just trade, and don't sell things", but there's very little info about the actual bootlegs themselves. Theres a great Nine inch nails one somewhere with the CDs rated for quality, gig, sound, etc.

Mind you, thats a big ask. Plus you'd need someone with the time, the ability, the boots themselves, etc. Although, it could be run on a "submission" type basis. Whether it would be monitiored or not I don't know.... Very subjective as well, plus you'd get the bootleggers themsel;ves giving rave reviews.

Bah.
i'm sure hal's website & db could be tweaked for just such a purpose...? and he DOES have the boots.... :twisted:

:innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i'm sure hal's website & db could be tweaked for just such a purpose...? and he DOES have the boots.... :twisted:

:innocent:
I got the boots, I got the database (there is actually a field called "quality", I just haven't set PHP to read it because most of fields are blank), but I just don't have the time to listen to them all properly and rate them. Maybe sometime in the very far future that might be completed.

You also have to contemplate that a lot of gigs have more than one source recording and quality always going to be a subjective opinion.

I am however more than willing to work on a collaborative effort if anyone is interested and has any ideas. It wouldn't be a problem to export and tweak my DB to allow for peoples opinions.

let me know if anyone is interested.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I think this would be an invaluable resource overall. Subjective opinion is always going to be a problem, but a spade is a spade. If you can't hear fukk all, then it's a bad bootleg. Plus, different categories get's around that. Fair enough, one person might hate the boot cos of the setlist, but if it's a fantastic recording you'd hope they'd admit it.

Different sources is the main problem, but the very fact that you've got multiple versions of the same gig makes this sort of resource all the more valuable.

Suffice to say, I'd be happy to offer my (subjective) opinions on the 5 or 6 boots I own.

Jim
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Black Angel wrote::notworthy:

just a newbie with both London Forum 2003 Smoke And Mirrors shows to trade...

i notice that most of you big traders already have them...so this goes out to all the little guys out there...

mail me

dogstarrising@yahoo.co.uk
Hello my Pet.

I still want that Sisters CD you said you'd send me. Yours will be posted shortly.

:wink:
BP
Last edited by Black Planet on 03 Jun 2003, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Big Si
School Bully

Hello and welcome to heartland!
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
pikkrong
Overbomber

Welcome to this planet, Black Planet 8)
do i drive
or am i driven
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Wow, that's a nice welcome. Thanks to you both. But don't go getting any ideas...

I am IN LOVE with Andrew......beyond all comprehension...LOL.... And yeah, my Pet already knows that. Don't you?

:wink:
BP
Planet
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Back on the question of what the quality of 2003 recordings is like, the Bristol Academy sounds pretty good, with some chatter between songs, but not too obtrusive. Generally quite clear, and a decent performance too. Berlin also sounds good, sounds like a bigger gig, so less chatter, more boom. Good performance.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

I have very good sounding recordings from Frankfurt, Düsseldorf and both London shows.
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote:It doesn't matter what you use to record. All that is important is what sort of microphone you use, and what recording levels you have set (and if you have automatic recording level even this isn't important.)

Most if not all of the 80's recordings of Sisters gigs were recorded on cassette, and on the whole are way better than any of the 90's recordings. This will be cos you'll always get better results in a small venue with good acoustics, as opposed to many of the newer venues that were never designed for live music and have horrible acoustics.
#

From an electronics point of view, good tape and a good recorder should exceed MD. The mike should be carefully chosen.

Looks like I'm gonna have to "visit" your various collections... :innocent:
Ribbons75
Road Kill

Hi to all !

I'm very interested to the concerts of London (18 and 19 april 2003)....
There is someone that can help me?
Thanks in advance !
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Bye !

Renzo !