Londoners say Yes to BORIS!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Francis wrote:
Andy TG wrote:
Francis wrote:You won't be smiling when he's slaughtered all your sheep for having curly hair...
Well seeing as i eat LAMB on a regular basis the price of Lamb will simply go down so i can eat more of it.
I don't think you understand the basic rules of economics, Monsieur le Goth. Less sheep means higher prices.

Not sure about the goats though... :lol:
Your probably right - I just saw that supply would go up - with much more lamb on the market and therefore the price would go down.

We eat about a billion chickens in the UK every year - hence the cost of chicken is always low - supply and demand

I feel I will need to examine the whole spectrum of economics further. I have always avoided the subject I guess as am lousy at maths - which is what economics is all about IMHO
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Francis
Overbomber

Andy TG wrote:I just saw that supply would go up
Why would supply go up following a slaughter?
Andy TG wrote:We eat about a billion chickens in the UK every year - hence the cost of chicken is always low - supply and demand
I think the cost is low because chickens are kept in a shoe box and force fed s**t. This is the result of the high demand, not the other way round.
Andy TG wrote:I feel I will need to examine the whole spectrum of economics further. I have always avoided the subject I guess as am lousy at maths - which is what economics is all about IMHO
RICHEY! HELP!

Your previous avatar was much harder to argue with. It commanded respect. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Francis wrote:
Andy TG wrote:I just saw that supply would go up
Why would supply go up following a slaughter?
Andy TG wrote:We eat about a billion chickens in the UK every year - hence the cost of chicken is always low - supply and demand
I think the cost is low because chickens are kept in a shoe box and force fed s**t. This is the result of the high demand, not the other way round.
Andy TG wrote:I feel I will need to examine the whole spectrum of economics further. I have always avoided the subject I guess as am lousy at maths - which is what economics is all about IMHO
RICHEY! HELP!

Your previous avatar was much harder to argue with. It commanded respect. :wink:
Whos Arguing? :wink: I admit I dont know enough about the rules of Economics to be able to put across a consistent point of view. I dont DO maths LOL.

Obviously following a slaughter of, in this case lamb, the produce would need to be disposed off as quickly as possible, before it goes off and is wasted. Hence I figure the price would go down - I admit I could be wrong. I guess thats what freezers are for LOL

As for chickens - your right - its all down to demand - hence the low cost. The BIG Stores pay pennies to chicken farmers for their product. Which is a shame.

Why do you need Richey's help? - lost me there Mate

My previous Avatar was annoying me - hence the change - the current one is me - circa july 2007 :eek:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Everyone I know emailed me all at the same time to tell me this.

I always loved Boris, I even emailed him proclaiming him to be the second coming and got a lovely signed photograph in return.

But now the man has real power? Firstly, my Boris for PM shirt just lost most of it's irony value...I kinda hope all hell will break loose actually. Nothing like a bit of politcal upheaval to keep a system healthy - although I do agree with Claire's points about him being the ladder of a tory party trying to storm the ramparts.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Boris will be a disaster for London. IMO 'Red Ken' can blame Gordon Brown for his downfall, people were not voting Labour to try to give the national government a bloody nose. It happened country-wide with the local elections too.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Andy TG wrote:I have always avoided the subject I guess as am lousy at maths - which is what economics is all about IMHO
Course not, Economics are all about lottery, if only it were as closely related to maths as it should be! (but then live would be very boring indeed)

Not much to say on topic, I fear, as all I know about Boris is he's really rather a joke, not?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The 'joke' isn't very funny though.

I'm convinced that the bumbling is a front; he's actually a frighteningly intelligent man with some really repugnant right-wing ideas.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Jikes
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:I'm convinced that the bumbling is a front; he's actually a frighteningly intelligent man with some really repugnant right-wing ideas.
I'd agree with you about that... I think the bumbling is something of a facade. I don't know about "frighteningly" intelligent, but I think he is definitely a lot smarter than he is given credit for. As for the repugnant right wing ideas - I'm not too clear on where he actually stands on the political spectrum (and neither are 99% of those who voted for him, I'll warrant). Is he the Ken Clarke/Portillo brand of right-wing (which I can deal with), or is he over there with the likes of John Redwood? *shudder*
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The BNP endorsed him as their "second choice candidate" (although to be fair he did say that he didn't want a single BNP vote).

Some quotes from Boris (Source: Wikipedia)
It is time to reassert British values…That means disposing of the first taboo, and accepting that the problem is Islam. Islam is the problem. To any non-Muslim reader of the Koran, Islamophobia — fear of Islam — seems a natural reaction, and, indeed, exactly what that text is intended to provoke. Judged purely on its scripture — to say nothing of what is preached in the mosques — it is the most viciously sectarian of all religions. The trouble with this disgusting arrogance and condescension is that it is widely supported in Koranic texts, and we look in vain for the enlightened Islamic teachers and preachers who will begin the process of reform. What is going on in these mosques and madrasas? "When is someone going to get 18th century on Islam’s mediaeval ass?
it is said the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies
(Describing Tony Blair's visit to the Congo:)
the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird
Racist much, Boris?
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ah yes, now you may have a point there :eek:

s**t! Now I am scared.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm kind-of hoping that he'll be so disastrous that he takes the Tory party down with him...
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Aha! Every cloud... :wink:

It really is an absolute mystery to me how anyone can take Cameron seriously. As far as I'm concerned he's just as bad as the previous shower of no-hopers :urff: But then the South does seem to have some real "issues" with Gordon Brown :roll:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Boris is fine as a figure of comedy, but as a mayor? He should stick to hosting HIGNFY, not having actual political power.

And for what it's worth with regards to the local elections, I voted Lib Dem, one reason being that it'd lower the BNP share.
It didn't work. The BNP got more votes in this area than the Lib Dems.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:I'm kind-of hoping that he'll be so disastrous that he takes the Tory party down with him...
the tories won;t let him do anything. if he does, and f*cks up, they've had it as well. he'll be on a tight reign, their current glory boy
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
James Blast
Banned

did I or did I not hear a collective sigh of "Oh Shit"! from the Boris camp when the result was announced?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pursued By Trees
Road Kill

I know someone who was convinced that Boris was a Matt Lucas comedy creation when they first saw him ... and took some persuading otherwise.

I can't subscribe to the 'evil genius behind bumbling facade' idea ... rather I reckon it's more like he serves as an electable bumbling facade from behind which others will wield the power ... kind of an English G W Bush if you will, an expendable frontman ... nothing more than a naively willing political pawn.
I'm headed for the trees over there
If that's not a destination
I don't care
Nixon
Amphetamine Filth

it is said the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies

(Describing Tony Blair's visit to the Congo:)

Also from Wikipedia:-

At an Evening Standard debate on January 21, 2008, Johnson apologised for these remarks, while insisting that they were taken out of context:

I do feel very sad that people have been so offended by these words and I'm sorry that I've caused this offence. But if you look at the article as written they really do not bear the construction that you're putting on them. I feel very strongly that this is something which is simply not in my heart. I'm absolutely 100 per cent anti-racist, I despise and loathe racism".

I personally don't believe that he is a racist, he is just a buffoon.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Pursued By Trees wrote:I know someone who was convinced that Boris was a Matt Lucas comedy creation
:lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Matt Lucas and 'comedy' do not belong in the same sentence
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Should've said yes to this Boris instead, no
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Matt Lucas and 'comedy' do not belong in the same sentence
No, but it was an amusing observation none the less!