Women's lib has given rise to the breakdown of family life..

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

They've been liberated, to enslave the rest of us! So much for equality! :P

...growing up with five sisters and a mob of female mates
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Thus spake the voice of bitter experience... indeed! :innocent: :twisted: :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Tell me I'm wrong. I dare you. 8) :notworthy:
Francis
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Incidentally, this article p*sses all over the notion that "Women's lib has given rise to the breakdown of family life."
But our 'traditional' family life isn't quite the same is it?
That article wrote:But none of this happiness would be possible without the hardy self-confidence that defines individual Icelanders, which in turn derives from a society that is culturally geared - as its overwhelming priority - to bring up happy, healthy children, by however many fathers and mothers. A lot of it comes from their Viking ancestors, whose males were rampant looters and rapists, but had the moral consistency at least not to be jealous of the dalliances of their wives - tough women who kept their families fed in the semi-tundra harshness of this north Atlantic island while their husbands forayed, for years at a time, far and wide. As a grandmother I met on my first visit to Iceland, two years ago, explained it: 'The Vikings went abroad and the women ran the show, and they had children with their slaves, and when the Vikings returned they accepted it, in the spirit of the more the merrier.'
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.