Claims To Fame!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Been on Crimewatch and for some reason my morning cycle path to work somehow seems to cross path with Gilbert and George on a regular basis...

:eek:
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
Andy Christ 666

Stood in a que in front of Rob Halford in Asda last August bank holiday Monday.:eek:
Had a beer and a chat with Captain Sensible at The Rock & Blues Custom Show in '05.
Had a smoke and a chat with P Paul Fenech at The Birmingham Psychobilly Bash last November. :notworthy:
Saw Dave Hill from Slade in Oasis, Birmingham many years ago and resisted the urge to ask if he wanted a Cup-a-soup.

On a side note, my sister used to go clubbing (amongst other things) with Martin Degville & Boy George when they lived in Walsall in the early 80's,
apparently Degville has a mole in a very private place....... :lol:
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

My CTF is that I seem to be the only person I know that doesn't have a CTF :oops:
darkparticle

@SinSis - I was going to say 'wow girl you've been around' but that's no way to talk to a lady :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:
Oh I just did

very tenuous but my most famous claim is selling acid to Orbitals' acid dealer - immortalised on one of their songs

I've also been pished & ston'ed with the various incarnations of Ostrich Testacles
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

saw justin from NMA at the asda in new pudsey, leeds, buying 15 bargain cheese & tomato pizzas :lol: :roll:

and i once went out with mark owen (from take that)'s sister tracy for about 2 weeks :o :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote:saw justin from NMA at the asda in new pudsey, leeds, buying 15 bargain cheese & tomato pizzas :lol: :roll:
An army marches on it's stomach - especially a New Model one, it appears! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mh wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:saw justin from NMA at the asda in new pudsey, leeds, buying 15 bargain cheese & tomato pizzas :lol: :roll:
An army marches on it's stomach - especially a New Model one, it appears! :lol:
they were the cheapest ones in the store... which being asda, makes them about 12p each :lol:

he looked like a bin man too :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

darkparticle wrote:@SinSis - I was going to say 'wow girl you've been around' but that's no way to talk to a lady :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:
Oh I just did
It's quite all right, man. ;)

<---most definitely not a lady... :P :lol: :twisted:

Then again, I didn't sleep with any of the aforementioned famous folks, so can I really be said to have "been around?"
I guess, as a mere stargazer (vs. starf*cker), I really am a bit of a boring prude, after all. *Sigh* :(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I met IZ and Sam from FGG, even though I never shared a backstage with the former in my AR days. ;D I'm also very proud of being a close confidant of Herr (Brother) Blaast; who is the embodiment of true greatness. Being in the music bizz, I've met so many 'rock stars' and genuine musicians over the years that it would sound like boasting and/or attention whoring, but two feats I am really proud enough of to share : 1) interviewing Cliff Burton RIP backstage at the Metal Hammer Festival in Germany almost exactly a year before he died and while they in the process of recording Master of Puppets at Sweet Silence in Copenhagen (still have that tape) and 2) having a p*ss (literally) with New York Doll David Johansen backstage at the Graspop Metal Meeting in 2006 when both AR and NYD were playing there...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Andy Christ 666 wrote:Stood in a que in front of Rob Halford in Asda last August bank holiday Monday.:eek:
How did you resist the urge to suggest that he walked out without paying, thereby breaking the law? And if he'd asked if he could go ahead of you because he was only buying a pint of milk and you had a trolley-full, you could have said You've got another thing coming. :lol:

I used to see the Balded One in Tempe AZ with his boyfriend a few years ago, sometimes in Alice Cooper's bar down there.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Andy Christ 666

EvilBastard wrote:
Andy Christ 666 wrote:Stood in a que in front of Rob Halford in Asda last August bank holiday Monday.:eek:
How did you resist the urge to suggest that he walked out without paying, thereby breaking the law? And if he'd asked if he could go ahead of you because he was only buying a pint of milk and you had a trolley-full, you could have said You've got another thing coming. :lol:

I used to see the Balded One in Tempe AZ with his boyfriend a few years ago, sometimes in Alice Cooper's bar down there.
It's a 24 hour Asda, pity I did'nt see him in the early hours of the morning, could've asked him if he was 'Living After Midnight'.

I'll get my coat......
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

EvilBastard wrote:I used to see the Balded One in Tempe AZ with his boyfriend a few years ago, sometimes in Alice Cooper's bar down there.
Alice Cooper has a bar in Tempe? :eek: Good grief, why? :lol: :urff:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:I used to see the Balded One in Tempe AZ with his boyfriend a few years ago, sometimes in Alice Cooper's bar down there.
Alice Cooper has a bar in Tempe? :eek: Good grief, why? :lol: :urff:
I wondered that myself - apparently he's a huge golfer and there are a lot of golf courses in the area. There's also some pretty good recording studios around there, so I suppose some of his mates come down to lay down tracks. He hosts a couple of charity golf things every year, mainly for the kiddies.
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Andy Christ 666 wrote:It's a 24 hour Asda, pity I did'nt see him in the early hours of the morning, could've asked him if he was 'Living After Midnight'.

I'll get my coat......
Wanna share a cab?
Hank Moody
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Wanna share a cab?
Meet you at Rajputs..? :lol:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:Wanna share a cab?
Meet you at Rajputs..? :lol:
Mine's an extra-large with hotsauce, please :D
Hank Moody
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

scotty wrote:I hit Meatloaf with a bottle of p*ss at the Reading Festival 8) :twisted: , you?
nice one, I witnessed that. Was it just after his "ok, who wants to rock and roll?" when returning after flouncing off from the first bottle barrage?
James Blast
Banned

well, if it's abusive behaviour your after - scrunched up a can of Schlitz (after draining it, natch) and threw it at those "twa specky gits" otherwise ken'd as The Proclaimers in Nightmoves, Glasgow c.1986, I mean FFS! the bands I saw in that place, wha in their richt mind let them walk on....? :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I've thought long and hard about this one...

1. I had a pee next to Mark Gemini-Thwaite at The Cockpit after a gig
2. I met Peter Stringfellow in NATO in Leeds
3. Dr Albarn at Leeds-Bradford airport :eek:
4. Wolfsbane trashed their hotel rooms where I was a pot-washer :lol:

p*ss-poor, aren't they..? :oops:

And now for the Slightly Better Ones;

1. My Dad used to go and watch a very young Black Sabbath when they were on their Carlisle hiatus :notworthy:
2. My mate Stevo and I let Andrew Eldritch (remember him..?) into his own gig at The Fenton (it was quite packed in there, you know).
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

SINsister wrote:
stufarq wrote:I hold an official world record.
:eek:

What for?
To be fair, I hold it jointly with about a hundred other people, but it was for the fastest ever theatre production. We put on Oklahoma (chosen by Guinness - none of us wanted to do that one!) in 24 hours (ie from the time they told us what the show was to the time the curtain went up) at the Edinburgh Playhouse and raised money for a children's charity, although I can't remember which one. As far as I'm aware no-one's tried to beat it yet, so it must still stand.

Oh yeah - also had a conversation with Princess Anne. (Not during the show. The two were entirely unrelated.)
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Doktor Gott wrote:Been on Crimewatch
What for?
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

I had a very nice chat with Bret Easton Ellis once at the Savoy hotel (ooh! la-di-dah!). Well, I say "chat". Pathetic fanboy giggling would more accurately describe my contribution to the conversation. Never meet your heroes. You'll only let them down. Which probably explains why I chickened out of talking to both Florian Schneider and Mark E Smith when I had the chance (that and basic fear in Smith's case, obviously).

I also spent rather a pleasant night with a pint-sized, quite grumpy singer / multi-instrumentalist / lyrical genius after meeting him at a London gay club (and pretending I didn't know who he was - a charade which rather crumbled into farce after I showed a bit too much familiarity with his back catalogue).

(Chivalry prevents me from naming him, obviously, but, no, it wasn't :von: , even if the description does fit!)
Andy Christ 666

metal on metal wrote: I also spent rather a pleasant night with a pint-sized, quite grumpy singer / multi-instrumentalist / lyrical genius after meeting him at a London gay club (and pretending I didn't know who he was - a charade which rather crumbled into farce after I showed a bit too much familiarity with his back catalogue).

(Chivalry prevents me from naming him, obviously, but, no, it wasn't :von: , even if the description does fit!)
Is anyone else thinking Prince?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Andy Christ 666 wrote:
metal on metal wrote: I also spent rather a pleasant night with a pint-sized, quite grumpy singer / multi-instrumentalist / lyrical genius after meeting him at a London gay club (and pretending I didn't know who he was - a charade which rather crumbled into farce after I showed a bit too much familiarity with his back catalogue).

Is anyone else thinking Prince?
No - he said "lyrical genius," innit. :lol: :P ;)
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

First, the Goff ones:

* Eldritch bought me a beer in return for a badge (button) for my band at the time, which he pinned to his leather jacket (really, I couldn't make this up...)... he did protest that he really should hear the music first, but he liked the logo :)

* Tracked down The Mish's studio during Carved In Sand, and hung out at the studio during a party (after a fan club gig).

A few other ones, which might offend people here, and some 'hey if you lived in Leeds in the 80s/90s, that's no biggy' type ones, involving Claire, Salvation, Rosetta, etc, etc.

Non-goff one's

* I have a patent, with several more in-progress.

* Went to school with one of the pirates from the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy (also starred in The Office).