about that album

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Descriptions of human nature are beside the point IMO; one cannot derive an 'ought' from an 'is'.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Oh yes one can, if one is an idealist - human nature can be distorted from what it should have been had things not gone terribly wrong at some point, and what it still could be if one only were honest and tried a bit harder.
What i mean with things going wrong is that obviously a person like Ghostrider isn't doing much by way of his life, he is not trying to make sense of his existence and he is not just naturally flowing - he's a victim of the cancer i mentioned earlier.
Not that it's my place to judge him or anyone else, but when he gets into my way it's according to my nature to say exactly what i think. But i would never ever tell him what to do as a categorical command.

But i know what you mean also, "let the rotting branch fall of its own accord".

i believe in both sides at the same time, there is and isn't wasted potential. The way i've seen it, truth appears to be both opposites at the same time without being either one.

In effect, what i say may plant a seed in one person who reads my words that would start growing after who knows what. And maybe not. At any rate i'm expressing love and have done my bit, without self-conscious efforts, to turn the world more towards what i love. As has, for example, Ghostrider, however disingenuous his outward motives might be.

As i always try to stress, nature above all.

People do such damage to each other, but the strongest survive and find their path regardless. Most people go into hiding. And everyone in the process automatically serves nature.

PS: If i were to give a categorical command, it would be simple 'Wake Up!'
Last edited by itnAklipse on 10 Aug 2008, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
James Blast
Banned

shouldn't you be dancing naked in a field somewhere?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

You don't know anything about me, about what i'm doing, or about why i'm doing it. You're such an asshole.
James Blast
Banned

your good self wrote:You shouldn't be on the internet talking to people you hardly know on the forums, you shouldn't be reading this freaking message. You should be out there, living. Dancing naked.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:You don't know anything about me, about what i'm doing, or about why i'm doing it. You're such an asshole.
Love doesn't go around calling people assholes.

I actually agree with some of the things you think. But not the way you communicate it - you get far too aggressive. And there's a difference between aggression and passion.

The thread that Blast quotes from upset quite a few people, you owe them an apology. If you want people to listen to you then calm down, there are alot of decent people on here.

On a lighter note - check out Gary Numan forums for proper obsession.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

itnAklipse wrote:People do such damage to each other, but the strongest survive and find their path regardless. Most people go into hiding. And everyone in the process automatically serves nature.
This is my point about deriving "ought" from "is" exactly.

Just because of the facts of evolution -- commonly summarised as "survival of the fittest" -- you seem to be saying that human society ought to be organised the same way.

I would contend that this is an incredibly bad idea; "Social Darwinism" has been an unmitigated disaster, a racist and elitist ideology that (arguably) was one contributing factor in Hitler's ideas leading to the Holocaust.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This has all got a bit off topic...
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i'd love to argue about this with you over a dozen shots of vodka and as many bottles of beer (or just as well, a couple of bottles of nice french wine :innocent: ), Mark. As it is, you're right, we should let this topic back to where it _should_ be ;)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

itnAklipse wrote:i'd love to argue about this with you over a dozen shots of vodka and as many bottles of beer (or just as well, a couple of bottles of nice french wine :innocent: ), Mark. As it is, you're right, we should let this topic back to where it _should_ be ;)
;D If I ever make it to Finland, or you ever make it to England...
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

I'll let it lie Dei, but your name calling has been noted
~ Peter Steele
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

MF: Bound to happen one day either way :)

You think i care what you note, James? My alleged "bad behaviour" has been noted by more authoritative people than you and it's never slowed me down yet. What can i say? i'm terribly childish and immature and have trouble with authority trying to tell me what to do or say. So suck me (just another in a long line of adolescent remarks).
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Mod hat on
Please refrain from name-calling.

Thanks.
/Mod hat
—Bertrand Russell
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

One posts a thread about nothing, next day it has 2 pages with nothing. Gee. It's about pop music and mainly it's my way of keeping the office bore away during the day, you are pretty sick (and at the end of the well) if you take this all soooo heavy.

The you here is up to you.

What do you expect? I'm having a Sisters clithood or what?

I don't get the psychonautic jazz from inAtklipse, but hope he's cool with his Tolkien vision.

End of topic! Now that i'm gone, you can have sex.
guns & cars & accidents
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

itnAklipse wrote:
Here's what i think: i could think YOU take things way too seriously, because there's absolutely no reason for you to start criticising the discussion. Except i know that's not quite true. i think your brain isn't used to thinking and thus when faced with a real discussion a safety valve goes off and you resort to an idiotic maneuver to shake it off (and i'm not saying that as an insult, it's just typical example of compensation).
gonna say the same as you said.. you don't know me so don't even try judge me or my brain twists.. don't bother, you're not Freud and from what i've read, you never will be..
i'm a guy who likes to analise things and try to see about everything in a philosophical way.. biggest difference between us is that i don't start unsulting ppl cause they express themselves in another way..
i commented at first because of the total insignificance of your posts towards the thread contence.. you you can't take a comment that's your problem.. in all honestly, you need some counceling.. but than again.. that's my personal opinion in regards of what i've seen posting from you in all the above.. or maybe, instead of spamming forums with your pseudo intelectual jibberish, get a job and a life and maybe some friends to save you from your bleak view of the world and the human race..

you have much to learn and much to forgive about the human race..
take life with a grasp of humor.. otherwise just sit in a corner and cry..

now let this get back on topic..

ps: i found some lyricks which suits you more than the other :wink: :
Do you have the time
To listen to me whine
About nothing and everything
All at once
I am one of those
Melodramatic fools
Neurotic to the bone
No doubt about it

Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or I'm just stoned

I went to a shrink
To analyze my dreams
She says it's lack of sex
That's bringing me down
I went to a whore
He said my life's a bore
So quit my whining cause
It's bringing her down

It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Uh, yuh, yuh, ya

Grasping to control
So I better hold on

It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Or I'm just stoned
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

@ what G/rider said - :notworthy:

Though your warblings can be relatively amusing (though slightly warped in my opinion) at times itnA, aside from anything else, this is a Sisters Of Mercy forum & this thread is in the Sisters Chat part of the forum. The original post by DD was interesting & worth discussing until it turned into a farce.

Go start a thread in General Chat if your insist of venting your mis-placed anger somewhere. :wink:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Most of what has been said seems to me to be poo

The only bit that stuck was the bit about the tortoises singing the chorus's to Guns n Roses
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
James Blast
Banned

million voices wrote:tortoises singing the chorus's to Guns n Roses
fact is, they'd make a better job of it than W.Axyl

they are far better sans him, still not Aerosmith, but they keep trying
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Almiche V wrote:
itnAklipse wrote:You don't know anything about me, about what i'm doing, or about why i'm doing it. You're such an asshole.
Love doesn't go around calling people assholes.
but arseholes is lone of my fave terms of endearment for people who can't find said orifice with both hands.

along with "arse-candles" and "spastic-c**t" and "knob-wands.".
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

...and there's that cramps lp: songs the lord tortoise.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: