Halloween in Philly 2008

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

1st time poster...will be at show if anyone wants to say hi. I'll be the red head with Sisters tats running across her mid to lower back. Will have a hotel room close to venue if anyone needs a place to crash or freshen up after the gig. Or even a little after-show party if anyone is up for it.
I bled all I can, I won't bleed no more
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

:lol: and I'm the other red head - no tattoos though. See you there. :D
You can't fix stupid.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

@Eva...from what I've read on here, you are pretty tall, so I guess I'll be the short red head. :lol: About 5'10"-5'11" in heels. Would love to meet some fellow TSOM lovers! Looking forward to it! :notworthy:
Eva

DancingtheGhost wrote:@Eva...from what I've read on here, you are pretty tall, so I guess I'll be the short red head. :lol: About 5'10"-5'11" in heels. Would love to meet some fellow TSOM lovers! Looking forward to it! :notworthy:
Well, without heels I'm about 5'10"-5'11", too... ;D As for meeting up: dito!!! Finally we get to see faces from across either side of the pond again or for the first time! :D I'm sending you a PM with my mobile number. Let's text for meeting ups, ok?
You can't fix stupid.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

anyone else going to show that wants to meet up or needs a place to crash/hang out/whatever after show, just send a pm. my hotel is 2 minutes walk from venue & HL'ers are welcome :)
Multifaceted
Road Kill

Eva wrote: For a kid I'm sure it's fun. If the kid lives in the States. It's one of those holidays though unknown to Swiss tradition that at some point have been "imported" - like Valentine's Day -, so now the shops here sell all these scary costumes, too and nobody buys them, cause there is no tradition of kids walking around scaring their neighbours. Or rather: the kids here used to have their moment later, at the end of the school year and it was more about making a lot of noise at 5 in the morning, out on the streets than about wearing scary costumes. However, I'm still waiting for the day when shops here start trying to makes us believe we're celebrating "Thanksgiving" aswell. :roll:
Oh, I know it's mainly a US holiday, though most foreigners I've heard from seemed to express positive interest in it. Though I'm sure most of them don't have to deal with having weird kids knock on their doors at odd hours of the night or shops selling things no one will buy.
Eva wrote: Do you reckon they'll turn up at a Sisters gig in full Halloween gear? That'd be interesting to watch. And if Von wears the coat he bought in Lisbon 2006 he'll fit in perfectly well... :twisted: :lol:
Well, in the US Halloween is like THE "goth" holiday. Even normal people like to find any excuse to dress up in a costume.

And hey, it wouldn't be too far off from the girls in floor-length snake-skin gowns and Hot Topic "gothic lolitas" I saw in Vegas and Philly (respectively) in 2006.
cvt
Road Kill

DancingtheGhost wrote:@Eva...from what I've read on here, you are pretty tall, so I guess I'll be the short red head. :lol: About 5'10"-5'11" in heels. Would love to meet some fellow TSOM lovers! Looking forward to it! :notworthy:
I'm 6'2 with no shoes, I'll be wearing my boots but they are only an inch or two. Please sat hi, I think I'm going solo.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

@cvt...sent pm with info if you want to meet up before or after show
DrG
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hey The Drowning Season... congratulations on your Halloween
wedding anniversary. My wife and I hit the ten year mark this Friday! 8)

Also... have fun Eva, everyone, and someone please record this show...
the turn-out for US recordings was not so hot last time around! :wink:
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
Eva

@ CVTLet us know a bit more about what you look like, in order to avoid the "Meeting Llamatron in Buffalo" effect. And obviously you have to look out for red heads... :lol:

@DrG :oops: I for one wasn't familiar with my equipment, and jumped around too much. Maybe people assumed they could rely on me.... :| However, thankfully there are far more tapers now than in 2006.
You can't fix stupid.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

@eva...have been in touch with cvt & have #. if you haven't gotten to Phila yet, be warned, they are having a huge parade tomorrow. traffic will be a mess & lots of streets closed off.
Eva

Thanks a lot for the warning. We'll see how we get on. I hear it's warm-ish in Philadelphia, and I'm so glad about it!
You can't fix stupid.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

if you consider mid 40's at night warm! :lol:
cvt
Road Kill

Eva wrote:@ CVTLet us know a bit more about what you look like, in order to avoid the "Meeting Llamatron in Buffalo" effect. And obviously you have to look out for red heads... :lol:

@DrG :oops: I for one wasn't familiar with my equipment, and jumped around too much. Maybe people assumed they could rely on me.... :| However, thankfully there are far more tapers now than in 2006.
DancingtheGhost beat me to the post! The Phillies baseball team won the World Series on Wed. It's been 28yrs since Phila won anything so the city is a bit crazy. The parade starts Friday at 12pm till ?? in the afternoon. They actually closed the schools for this! The course is Market to Broad Street to the Stadiums. It will be over by the time of the show of course but I worry of all you arriving earlier in the day getting caught in the chaos. Avoid Broad street at all costs.
Second, Eva I guarantee we will find each other! I'm 6'2 slender with long brown hair. I'll be wearing my boots that lace up to my knees like Trents in the Closer video (although I had bought these way before the video whata copycat!) and dark jeans /tank shirt. if I remember correctly the Troc has a coat check but I'm not sure if they always run with it. Also there is an after party there starting at 11pm called Sex Dwarf. They spin all old school New Wave/Punk. Some things they pull out I haven't heard in so long. It's a good time. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Safe travels.
Best, Cherie :P
cvt
Road Kill

Here's a latest news link with regards to the parade. The city is going to be bedlam be ready!http://www.philly.com/philly/news/break ... orrow.html
DrG

Happy Halloween people! For some of us here it might even be the end of the year! :wink:

Good luck tonight everyone! Rock out and be safe! 8)

My wife and I are off to Buffalo again for a party with our closest friends...
anniversary and Samhain! Then it is Happy New Year... but I'll celebrate
November 5th if we're lucky! :lol:

I'll be back to check the threads Sunday!

P.S.: About "gothic lolitas"... hmmmmmmmm... dangerous! ;D
wah-hoo
let's do the war on drugs

Trip the light fantastic
Kimmycat
Road Kill

I am SO jealous! I'd love to be at this show tonight!

I hope everyone who goes has a blast, I know you will!

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/pumpkin_20butt.gif
bismarck

Hey, my lovely girlfriend bought tix to this gig as a surprise present for me, and arranged transportation from nyc, so i'll be there tonight with her. any meetup plans before if i make it in time? let me know w posts here, i'll try to check.
psyched.
Trevor
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
lachert
Overbomber

a killer one! :twisted:
long live rock'n'roll
bismarck

hey philadeplhians
what's the deal with the parade? will i be able to drive to the venue? is there a better route?
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

@bismarck....if you are flying in-no problem to get from airport to venue. traffic isn't too bad downtown, just lots of people. was just at venue-they're doing the soundcheck. couldn't make out the song but :von: was growling in top form. pm me if you & your girl want to hang out-I have a room 2 minutes from venue. if not, say hi at the gig-I'll be the red head with 3 Sisters tats on her back.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

Venue definitely has coat check if anyone needs it!
bismarck

DancingtheGhost wrote:@bismarck....if you are flying in-no problem to get from airport to venue. traffic isn't too bad downtown, just lots of people. was just at venue-they're doing the soundcheck. couldn't make out the song but :von: was growling in top form. pm me if you & your girl want to hang out-I have a room 2 minutes from venue. if not, say hi at the gig-I'll be the red head with 3 Sisters tats on her back.
thanks a lot, that's awesome. i'm driving from up north (nyc) my directions have me entering the city from the east, taking RT38 to Kaighins Ave, Admiral Wilson Blvd/US30, N 8th st exit. is that a good route?
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

perfect-you'll have no problem. I'll pm you me cell # if you get here early.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

off to the show :D :D :D
will post review as soon as I am able!

:notworthy: :von: :notworthy: