Sisters in new set-list shock

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am sure the girls will gig in the UK maybe only one gig, he knows that we'll go to the away games if they are announced first.

My money is on at least a London gig at the SBE or Roundhouse.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

stll not 50 gig s in the list, put UK dates at end alwayz as no promoter intially interested by time of big tour with nos of peepes and tix then KU looks good again

new songs// old songs : all 'slow' songs to protect the 'voice'

i think :lol:

best, knockin' on... ahhh!
Goths have feelings too
lachert
Overbomber

uk... uk... uk... where is poland on that list :?: :!: :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

paint it black wrote:stll not 50 gig s in the list, put UK dates at end alwayz as no promoter intially interested by time of big tour with nos of peepes and tix then KU looks good again

That's easy for you to type. :innocent: Have you been drinking? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:
paint it black wrote:stll not 50 gig s in the list, put UK dates at end alwayz as no promoter intially interested by time of big tour with nos of peepes and tix then KU looks good again

That's easy for you to type. :innocent: Have you been drinking? :lol:
Bit early in the morning for festivities isn't it sir?
:wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Ben did mention A Rock And A Hard Place and More when we were talking a few months back.

In a recent Myspace message he said no UK dates are planned at the moment :(

But things can change! :D
RobF

the-happening wrote:I am sure the girls will gig in the UK maybe only one gig, he knows that we'll go to the away games if they are announced first.

I don't think they'd have a cat in hell's chance of filling either of those with the way things are. And both are booked way, way past the end of this tour. I know a couple of top-end UK promoters who made offers for February, for decent sized London venues (that the Sissies have played before), but only on an ATP style "don't look back" basis, which is seen in the industry as the only way they're going to pull a crowd now. I don't think they'll ever do it though. And fair play to-em.

Get on a plane people; it's not far. Plus there's a good chance that if they play London, it'll be a friggin' shambles. Who exactly wants to see the Sisters go down like a lead baloon in front of a room of electric-balroom gimps with no interest in the new material, a bad attitude, complaining all night while at the same time videoing the whole thing on their phones?

And the friggin' chatting, christ there's hardly any point.

London. Gigs. Suck. Ass.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

RobF wrote:Who exactly wants to see the Sisters go down like a lead baloon in front of a room of electric-balroom gimps with no interest in the new material, a bad attitude, complaining all night while at the same time videoing the whole thing on their phones?

London. Gigs. Suck. Ass.
Never a truer word. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

the funny thing is, that these days probably not many even thought about a change in the setlist - compared to pre-tour discussions in the past years a kind of having grown up

a new setlist and a change in the doctors bass-sound and i'd be a happy man, almost excited at the moment ;-)

going to see motorpsycho tonight. great.
love is just a shot away
bookish
Road Kill

euphoria wrote:My 2 cents would be that the Astoria debacle doesn't really help neither the Sisters nor the promoters :?
Debacle? We're talking about the sound, right?

They'll bring back Body Electric, and open with Comfortably Numb.
the-happening

RobF wrote:
the-happening wrote:I am sure the girls will gig in the UK maybe only one gig, he knows that we'll go to the away games if they are announced first.

I don't think they'd have a cat in hell's chance of filling either of those with the way things are. And both are booked way, way past the end of this tour. I know a couple of top-end UK promoters who made offers for February, for decent sized London venues (that the Sissies have played before), but only on an ATP style "don't look back" basis, which is seen in the industry as the only way they're going to pull a crowd now. I don't think they'll ever do it though. And fair play to-em.

Get on a plane people; it's not far. Plus there's a good chance that if they play London, it'll be a friggin' shambles. Who exactly wants to see the Sisters go down like a lead baloon in front of a room of electric-balroom gimps with no interest in the new material, a bad attitude, complaining all night while at the same time videoing the whole thing on their phones?

London. Gigs. Suck. Ass.
Not all London gigs have sucked, the last one did big time but others have been pretty good especially some of the Forum shows. I suggested the SBE as depending on ticket sales the capacity can be adjusted up. I personally would like to see them at the Roundhouse or Coronet by far the best venues for their current pulling power.
Husek
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:uk... uk... uk... where is poland on that list :?: :!: :lol:
near of Brazil of course :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Drenchrom

Well it's looks like Belgium to Austria then. The choice between going to Berlin or somewhere like the Wulfren in Wolverhampton or the Academy in Manchester, isn't a hard one. You can usually find some like minded souls down the front whatever country your in. Hope to see you somewhere on the continent Mr Fakes.

matt..
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Might I just say:

Body Electric!

That that I've a snowball's chance in Hell of making any of the gigs. :(
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

dora wrote:or nurse :twisted:
You have great hair, and it goes with the colour of the clothes you are wearing.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

the-happening wrote:Not all London gigs have sucked
I didn't think RobF was just talking about Sisters gigs in London...
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

fuck london- there's always a full house at rock city; (paraphrase) von: "it's like our second home here". leeds deserves a visit and the jocks always seem to turn out. the uk deserves a nod....though if the promoters are being cunts i don't blame eldritch for not bothering.
but he will...won't he? :?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
the-happening

markfiend wrote:
oh

Easy choice for him then, bit of a s**t if you live in London and hate gigs there!
Mr. Spig
Road Kill

Seem to recall :von: mentioning he always likes Brummagem (Birmingham) in an interview somewhere.

That'd do for me.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

eotunun wrote:Hey, Islanders: There are aiports in Ol'Blightey and on the mainland as well. There's video evidence that at least elderly pilots know the way as well. There's the Eurostar and a cheap bus connection between Cologne and London. You'll be welcome here.
@Daddy Cool: Wasn't it time for a wee European tour/concerts in 09-thready? :D
Yes, but that still makes the whole thing a lot more expensive.
_emma_
Overbomber

Husek wrote:
lachert wrote:uk... uk... uk... where is poland on that list :?: :!: :lol:
near of Brazil of course :lol:
Exactly.
Which is why whining "What, no Belgium? Come on Von you gotta get your ass here again!" or "What, no UK? Come on Von that's not fair, is it!" makes me take a deep breath and frown each time I read it here.
RobF

the-happening wrote:
markfiend wrote:
oh

Easy choice for him then, bit of a s**t if you live in London and hate gigs there!
Still go all the time though, I've started actually asking people to shut the f**k up, but they just stare at you in an astonished manner and then carry on warbling about their tiresome lives two inches from your ear. Baahhh.

In the last few months otherwise excellent gigs from Moz/Neubauten/Calexico/Mogwai and Nick Cave have been ruined by the appaling attitude and manners of semi-interested London crowds.

A blunderbuss, that would help I feel.

As for the Sisters, I tend to enjoy them in London, but only as if people are down the front chatting and filming on their phones they're likely to get landed on from a great height by sweaty pissed people. I still don't think they should bother playing here though.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
euphoria wrote:
Are the Brussels tickets on sale yet, btw?
I think not.
Yes they are!

This won't be a surprise, but I'm all for that setlist change people 're talking about. I even have a wantlist, but I won't bore you with that...

Oh well, i'd like Kiss the carpet as opener and gimme shelter thrown in there ;D :innocent:
in dub we trust
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

radiojamaica wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
euphoria wrote:
Are the Brussels tickets on sale yet, btw?
I think not.
Yes they are!

This won't be a surprise, but I'm all for that setlist change people 're talking about. I even have a wantlist, but I won't bore you with that...

Oh well, i'd like Kiss the carpet as opener and gimme shelter thrown in there ;D :innocent:
Not the evening before I made the post. :? :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

RobF wrote: A blunderbuss, that would help I feel.
:notworthy: How right you are. :twisted:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.