Adam Pearson

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Mike was always a replacement for Chris (who had a drug-problem btw. and dealt with it before he joined the Sisters). I do think the '97-'99 line-up was great and could have pushed a release and go for a last hurrah. They were tight as f*ck. But I think there was a bit of personality clash between Mike and Adam.

IMHO Adam was the driving force behind the new direction of the Sisters, music-wise. Considering he had been a constant in the band for about 10 years, I wasn't surprised that he wanted to move on. The Smoke & Mirrors tour was very lackluster and he probably decided to leave as his heart wasn't in it anymore.
crash_and_burn
Road Kill

I too was sad to see Adam go. He wrote some excellent songs you all brought up.

While the current line-up may be energetic on stage, other than the Killing-Joke style sound-check from Cleveland that was posted here a while back, I am not sure what they have written.
mh
Above the Chemist

Was never a huge fan of the Pearson years - Adam always seemed too serious and political to me. Fair enough, there are big important issues that need to be taken seriously, but let's not have them all of the time, eh?

It was also quite concerning that at times the Sisters seemed to look like Adam and his backing band.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

I thought Adam / Chris / Mike were cool. Another time. Next is Buckethead.
guns & cars & accidents
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Kenny told me in Richmond while selling me about $200 worth of merch. that: "You shouldn't blame Adam for no new album, no he's not the one to blame, there's only one person to blame and it's not Adam."

Sorry to throw you under the bus Kenny.

So now I only blame Andrew.

I always liked Adam and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have Crash and Burn.
"... because we're that kind of people."
Ian P. Christ
Amphetamine Filth

Prescott wrote:Kenny told me in Richmond while selling me about $200 worth of merch. that: "You shouldn't blame Adam for no new album, no he's not the one to blame, there's only one person to blame and it's not Adam.
no confusion, no surprise.
XXX
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

the only real fault i ever found with mr. whammy, was that he always looked bloody miserable on stage. and i'm not talking "cool" moody rock star posturing, i mean he just never looked like he was enjoying himself. that's one thing you couldn't accuse ben and robobreezers of. which of course makes it enjoyable to watch them.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dan Cougar
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: 27 Jan 2009, 14:08 Maybe he got fed up of Andrew blaming him for the lack of a new release.

TBH I think Chris and Ben are a breath of fresh air compared to Adam.
Ben has a good presence and can play, the same could be said about Andreas.
We'll see how long he lasts.

(Oh wait, it's now 2023 and I can't imagine the band without Ben. This is the only lineup in my time as a fan that feels like a proper band. Even Davey is in the promos!)
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dan Cougar wrote: 04 May 2023, 09:42
markfiend wrote: 27 Jan 2009, 14:08 Maybe he got fed up of Andrew blaming him for the lack of a new release.

TBH I think Chris and Ben are a breath of fresh air compared to Adam.
Ben has a good presence and can play, the same could be said about Andreas.
We'll see how long he lasts.

(Oh wait, it's now 2023 and I can't imagine the band without Ben. This is the only lineup in my time as a fan that feels like a proper band. Even Davey is in the promos!)
Idk, I like Dylan and how he sparkled a new era for the girls...but for me Chris + Ben is still my favourite guitar duo and my favourite lineup for the band
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop