Dominion Mailing List

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Debi wrote:i wasn't a HL peeps then (or whatever i would call myself!) and saw a comment about heroin. i was shocked i must admit and hence asked the innocent question. a couple of freindly HL'ers put me right!! apparently the person read something here but i have never seen anything even hinting at heroin. i didn't mean any harm in asking :oops:
don't worry hon, you were young and innocent back then :wink:

there's so much stuff being said about :von: that it's hard to tell whether any of it has (at least) a shred of truth :|
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Debi wrote:
... but i have never seen anything even hinting at heroin. i didn't mean any harm in asking :oops:
Don't worry. There's always such gossip. Already in 1992 someone in my acquaintance tried to tell me such s**t ...
Heroin were surely not the drug of choice for :von: , and above all, not in the long run, I guess, too fluffy ... :twisted:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

A few speed-freaks of my former acquaintance used heroin as a come-down drug. Which ended up about as well as you might expect. :roll:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:A few speed-freaks of my former acquaintance used heroin as a come-down drug. Which ended up about as well as you might expect. :roll:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

ouch!!!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah. Don't ask about the time they spiked me with H.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

hell, no. i wouldn't want to bring back any bad memories - provided, of course, you've registered any given the circumstances. :wink:

either way...

...evil bastards!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Yeah. Don't ask about the time they spiked me with H.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Being645
Intellectual Love God

markfiend wrote:A few speed-freaks of my former acquaintance used heroin as a come-down drug. Which ended up about as well as you might expect. :roll:
I can imagine. Most of my friends of that time are long dead ...
or they kissed the wall so thoroughly that you can't get anywhere with them, nowadays.
Schade. :cry:

I, personally, kicked myself off mostly with anything I could get.
Perhaps it's only due to the fact that I never had money, that I survived it.
So I couldn't join the party ...

I turned to acids, instead, digging me through the complete writings of Nietsche.
This, at least convinced me that alcohol and ice-cream were sort of ersatz I didn't need!!! :lol: - :lol: - :lol:
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Indeed, once took a tasty dose of heroin by accident thinking it was the good stuff... I was young and niave.. :oops:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Ah, the speedball boilermaker...I try to confine mine to quad espressos and Vicodin. :wink:
And also wrote:Yeah. Don't ask about the time they spiked me with H.
Been that route with dust and crack - grounds for homicide, in my opinion.

I didn't mind the psychedelics so much, 'cause I figured out what had happened without first having to doubt my sanity overmuch. However, knowing what could have happened, had I been less firmly tethered, I didn't feel any kindlier toward those dickwads. :evil:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

OnlineSince1984 wrote:Did anyone else here used to subscribe? Read the occasional pronouncement from Bax Corp.
Who?
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Eldritch pretending he's not Eldritch.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Mutiny In f**king Heaven :notworthy: :lol: :lol:

or my dearest freund Oh Jay :notworthy: :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Out of the mouths of babes!
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh my God don't you mention the dearest freund's name aloud for he may find his way here. :eek: :lol:
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

:lol:

Dark
Underneath the Rock

Guess the old man's got to do something when he's not smoking.

EDIT:
It's a shame I feel so bitter about some of my once-favourite artists. The attitude of a few people ruined TSOM for me.
And it's still quite unpleasant not even being able to look at James Ray records any more.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Dark wrote:Guess the old man's got to do something when he's not smoking.

EDIT:
It's a shame I feel so bitter about some of my once-favourite artists. The attitude of a few people ruined TSOM for me.
And it's still quite unpleasant not even being able to look at James Ray records any more.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

EDIT:
dude, don't let the ego and mood swings of one bitter old also ran ruin everything else that came out of the merciful release stable :!:

tbh, he only did a couple of half decent tracks anyway. most of his output is derivative, pretentious, self-indulgent tosh ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:

EDIT:
dude, don't let the ego and mood swings of one bitter old also ran ruin everything else that came out of the merciful release stable :!:

tbh, he only did a couple of half decent tracks anyway. most of his output is derivative, pretentious, self-indulgent tosh ;)
Well that's Quiffy off the christmas card list then... :lol: :innocent: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

snowey wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

EDIT:

Well that's Quiffy off the christmas card list then... :lol: :innocent: :lol:
well......... c'mon!

"i want to be like eno"?!?

hmm, ok. let's see.

in order to 'be like eno' and push the boundaries of what people expect music to be, surely you have to first understand what music is.

otherwise you're always going to sound like a 3rd rate cabaret voltaire ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Eric's mood swings put me off his bands' material. But I'd had TSOM spoiled long before that. :|
Quiff Boy wrote:otherwise you're always going to sound like a 3rd rate cabaret voltaire ;)
Quiff Boy wrote:derivative, pretentious, self-indulgent tosh
Those can just as easily be applied to my own band. Though I'm quite aware of that.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

:lol:
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
sultan2075
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Eric's mood swings put me off his bands' material.
That's a shame. Artists are moody. Can you imagine the tripe your favorite artists would put out if they were on prozac?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

The idea of Gangwar on ecstasy scares me.
But hey, my loss. I suppose being a "third-rate Cabaret Voltaire" qualifies me as a support band, non?