WTF

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:Not at all Sir, I just cannot find anything but frustration and sadness from my brief viewings of The Michty Boosh. They come across as two retards in search of a carer. Your mileage seems to vary from mine.
That's fair enough. But I'm not a Sir :lol:
James Blast
Banned

see edit
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

EvilBastard wrote:
markfiend wrote:
christophe wrote:why is it so easy to believe this load of crap over hard science?
the religious 'leaders' sure have a long way to go to bind this into the words of the old books (what I think is perfectly possible) or even to make a reasonable comment/statement. :roll:
Because the answers of hard science can be hard to understand, whereas superstition and "magical thinking" offer easy answers?
And because this load of crap usually gives people somwhere to place blame. Jews, foreigners, black cats, the infernal combustion engine, woven garments - stupid people need to be able to project their misfortunes onto other people or things. It's much more difficult to do this with science.
Q. Why don't I have a job?
A1. Because you have no skills, no application, and no aptitude, having slacked off at school, and have been fired from every job you ever had for showing up late, smoking in the kitchen, and calling your boss a cnut.

Hmmm...don't like that answer. What else you got?

A2. Because the jews are in control of the global economy, the asians come over here, steal all the jobs and hire their huge families to work for them, and women are entitled to equal pay for equal work.

I like that one a lot more. C'mon lads, let's go yell insults at the rag-'eads and burn a few synagogues.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Or in the case of Mr-Aliens-Person:

A2: It's Aliens, I tell you! It's a government conspiracy, they all know about it and they're trying to keep me quiet, but see if they can, ha! What's that? No - get away from me! Aaaaarrgghhh! Krrr-zzzzzttttt! Wheeee - happy dreams.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

Ack! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Perki wrote:
James Blast wrote:while yer here, can you tell me what's amusing/funny with The Mighty Boosh?
:roll:

I can't help but feel you're a little bit rude to me whenever I post here. Have I done anything wrong?
He's the Official Resident Curmudgeon. You'll know if it's personal...

Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
James Blast
Banned

everything is personal, but I like your style :wink:
~ Peter Steele
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:everything is personal, but I like your style :wink:
Why, thank you sir. I'm flattered. :D
--Elizabeth von Arnim
James Blast
Banned

not if you'd seen/knew me :lol:
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James: I don't find The Mighty Boosh funny either.

And rumour has it that Noel Fielding has been up Peaches Geldof :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

Now there's a nasty thought! :urff:
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I got the Mighty Boosh book as a Christmas present from a well-meanng aunt. I didn't have the heart to tell her that they bore the pants off me. I just don't get it at all. They probably call it 'surrealism'. I call it 'shite'. I've still got the book. Anyone for trading? :innocent:
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:James: ...rumour has it that Noel Fielding has been up Peaches Geldof :urff:
Eeeeewwwwww!!! :urff:
--Elizabeth von Arnim