Depeche mode gig Athens cancelled last minute

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
_emma_
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i have to keep my mouth shut about my pupils, so why cant a doctor on his patients?
Well I always thought a guy from Greece called Hippocrates was the first to come up with the idea of professional secrecy amongst medics. :roll: :|

Holy s**t that's bad news, whatever it is. I don't LOVE Dave Gahan, but I do LIKE him a lot, and it makes me sad to read that he's not well. :(
Hope he recovers soon and fully!
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Silence is platinum wrote:We all have jobs, so everyone knows that things CAN go COMPLETELY wrong sometimes, is a gig that different ?
So you cant realy blame either the band or the manager or even the organizer,
though from what i hear and everybody agrees on that, it was a disastrous handling of the situation as still there s no sign of reschedule or refunding the tickets, and people had to leave the area through one single gate, why go figure.
By now four more gigs have been canceled from this tour.
And your point is...? :?

You seem to be implying that, since one can't 'blame either the band or the manager or even the organizer', that's it's Dave's fault personally or something. He had no control over any of the 'disastrous handling' of the situation. And what does it have to do with confidential information - if in fact it is 'information' and not just rumour - being posted here?
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I think that my post is very very clear, sh*t just happens, it dosent have to be anybody s fault.
simple as that.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Silence is platinum wrote: sh*t just happens , it dosent have to be anybody s fault.
simple as that.
Fact!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Three more dates have been postponed/cancelled:
depeche mode dot com wrote:The following additional shows have been cancelled:

MAY
Sat 23 - Warsaw, Poland, Gwardia Stadium
Mon 25 - Riga, Latvia, Skonto Stadium
Wed 27 - Vilnius, Lithuania, Zalgiris Stadium

Ticket holders for the above shows are advised to hold onto their tickets, as an announcement will follow soon with regard to either new rescheduled concert dates, or their final cancellation.
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

5 peep (all woman) who i know are not happy now.